DVCA Money Shield 2010/11

Re: DVCA Money Shield 09/10

Yes, I know that it is early, but what are people's thoughts on the potential grand finalists this far out .............

sam_j_adams;404882 said:
Yes, I know that it is early, but what are people's thoughts on the potential grand finalists this far out .............

ggod question..obviously the same quality sides will be up there...thers been alot of quality recruits to a few certain clubs so they will be red hot fav's i should think..im from one of those clubs so wont comment..but looks to be a good quality year this year..good luck to everyone

vinnie bolzano;405085 said:
ggod question..obviously the same quality sides will be up there...thers been alot of quality recruits to a few certain clubs so they will be red hot fav's i should think..im from one of those clubs so wont comment..but looks to be a good quality year this year..good luck to everyone

i think if the rumours are true about players playing at new clubs in money it will be more competitive then the previous two seasons for a spot in the finals.
up to 6 or 7 teams could press each other for a top four spot:
Lower plenty, proven side experienced should take one of the spots
NEW, should have learn't a lot from their journey to Barclay and with some handy recruiting will take the second spot.
Greensborough, made the final but i don't think the second best team, must bat better this season or could be working hard all year to keep their spot in the top four.
St francis, consistent couple of years without making it to GF, testing season need to stay focused, won't find making the finals as easy as the last couple of seasons.
Yarrambat, new coach and should be able to help out shawy, bray and merideth to post big score, bowling still thin if bray doesn't grab 4, will be well and truely in the mix.
Mont, with the addition of a couple of experienced quality players from HDCA, they might be the darkhorse for the finals.
TU, with matt george back and a new batsman added to the group, i think they if stay consistent can take a top four spot aswell, consistency the key.
South morang, bowled well most of the season and relied heavily on the opener for most of their runs, have been working hard in the off season and could will be looking to gaining one of those final four spots.
panton Hill, unfortunately no moch no PH, god help them if moch or Rick Ford get injured, never stoppped trying all season very undermanned.
Husrtbridge, no depth even if they pick up a good player still won't make the finals, sadds can take 60 wickets, but batting to thin.
Mill Park, still couple of years away, depth major issue, Leigh stewart asked to do it all.
BU, with Nick in his second season of coaching looking forward to seeing what improvement he has managed to get from the group, will win four to five games.

my thoughts.

one shot;405099 said:
i think if the rumours are true about players playing at new clubs in money it will be more competitive then the previous two seasons for a spot in the finals.
up to 6 or 7 teams could press each other for a top four spot:
Lower plenty, proven side experienced should take one of the spots
NEW, should have learn't a lot from their journey to Barclay and with some handy recruiting will take the second spot.
Greensborough, made the final but i don't think the second best team, must bat better this season or could be working hard all year to keep their spot in the top four.
St francis, consistent couple of years without making it to GF, testing season need to stay focused, won't find making the finals as easy as the last couple of seasons.
Yarrambat, new coach and should be able to help out shawy, bray and merideth to post big score, bowling still thin if bray doesn't grab 4, will be well and truely in the mix.
Mont, with the addition of a couple of experienced quality players from HDCA, they might be the darkhorse for the finals.
TU, with matt george back and a new batsman added to the group, i think they if stay consistent can take a top four spot aswell, consistency the key.
South morang, bowled well most of the season and relied heavily on the opener for most of their runs, have been working hard in the off season and could will be looking to gaining one of those final four spots.
panton Hill, unfortunately no moch no PH, god help them if moch or Rick Ford get injured, never stoppped trying all season very undermanned.
Husrtbridge, no depth even if they pick up a good player still won't make the finals, sadds can take 60 wickets, but batting to thin.
Mill Park, still couple of years away, depth major issue, Leigh stewart asked to do it all.
BU, with Nick in his second season of coaching looking forward to seeing what improvement he has managed to get from the group, will win four to five games.

my thoughts.

What impact will the 4 piece Kookaburra have this season?
There are a lot of average bowlers out there that have been taking wickets thanks to the 2 piece platypus balls. The new 4 piece will be a different situation all together. Should sort the men from the boys.
Players that have had experience with a 4 piece in the past will have a distinct advantage early in the season

TGAT;405128 said:
What impact will the 4 piece Kookaburra have this season?
There are a lot of average bowlers out there that have been taking wickets thanks to the 2 piece platypus balls. The new 4 piece will be a different situation all together. Should sort the men from the boys.
Players that have had experience with a 4 piece in the past will have a distinct advantage early in the season

Scott Barnett to have a big year at Lower Plenty this season - raring to go

Re: DVCA Money Shield 2010/11

I will have a go at who each teams most important player will be in the money sheild as well

North Eltham - McTaggert with ball only though

Greensborough - Killakowski

Lower Plenty - Smith

Yarrambat - Bray

St Francis - Berthet

Thomo - George

Monty - ???

South Morang - ???

Hurstbridge - Sadowy

Panton Hill - Motchall

Bundoora United - Hamilton

Mill Park - Stewart

So, do we play next Saturday, or defer to teh Sunday or reschedule to later in the season ? Plenty of head scratching and tough decisions to be made by the old fuddy-duddies on the administration !

sam_j_adams;409090 said:
So, do we play next Saturday, or defer to teh Sunday or reschedule to later in the season ? Plenty of head scratching and tough decisions to be made by the old fuddy-duddies on the administration !

I believe the DVCA administration is currently holding a meeting to decide what will happen next week. We should know their decision by Sunday or Monday at the latest.

leigh stewart and mathew jones to south morang this season.
jake zerella from south morang out for the season.

Leigh McTaggert has been cleared to McTaggert Island. This is the name of the island he has purchased and named after himself with all of the money that NEW are paying him.

one shot;409491 said:
leigh stewart and mathew jones to south morang this season.
jake zerella from south morang out for the season.

Jake Zerella out for the season? has he pulled a G.Ablett? or is he injured? if injured, any chance he'll be back after xmas?

150 clicks;409493 said:
Jake Zerella out for the season? has he pulled a G.Ablett? or is he injured? if injured, any chance he'll be back after xmas?

i think knee and i would'nt think so.

Teapicker;409492 said:
Leigh McTaggert has been cleared to McTaggert Island. This is the name of the island he has purchased and named after himself with all of the money that NEW are paying him.

50 wickets and 300 runs. worth every cent.

Only 300 runs. Come on I would expect a big fish in a little pond to make at least 500 runs. I'm actually surprised the club didn't ask to take Whittlesea's spot in C Grade just to ensure all the money that has been spent has been well worth it.

Too Easy;409631 said:
50 wickets and 300 runs. worth every cent.

I don`t think he will find it that easy with the bat! Made 300 in Barclay, but battted most times at 8,9 and sometimes 10. Would think he would be expected to bat in top 4 at NEW and knowing Leighroys lack of patience, this might be a challenge against the newer ball. As for the ball, should take minimum of 50 if he does`nt treat it like a walk in the park!

brutal;409737 said:
I don`t think he will find it that easy with the bat! Made 300 in Barclay, but battted most times at 8,9 and sometimes 10. Would think he would be expected to bat in top 4 at NEW and knowing Leighroys lack of patience, this might be a challenge against the newer ball. As for the ball, should take minimum of 50 if he does`nt treat it like a walk in the park!

Why would he be expected to bat top 4! Wouldnt you expect that if he has gone there he would be used in the position most suited to him?? and surely NEW have done there homework in regards to getting the best out of him!!

fresh face;409747 said:
Why would he be expected to bat top 4! Wouldnt you expect that if he has gone there he would be used in the position most suited to him?? and surely NEW have done there homework in regards to getting the best out of him!!

I dont think Tags will bat anywhere near the top 4. I would suggest around 7,8,9 for the year.

NEWCC will be very hard to beat this season in all areas of their game. A couple of gun recruits along with 12 months in Barclay (not the worst side in Barclay last season) will see them a lot better for it both from a shear playing persective but also from a mental toughness and awareness persective.

They have had a very small glimpse of what it takes to play that next level of cricket and want it badder than ever.

PS - Teapicker - i look forward to your crap all year. Bring it on peasant!

Back