DVCA Money Shield 2010/11

Re: DVCA Money Shield 2010/11

fresh face;409747 said:
Why would he be expected to bat top 4! Wouldnt you expect that if he has gone there he would be used in the position most suited to him?? and surely NEW have done there homework in regards to getting the best out of him!!

Well you could argue that someone capable of being your best bat, should not be batting at 8,9 or 10! His reasons for batting that low at Research were more for his reasons than the teams. To be blunt at times Leadership demanded he bat higher, but he refused. As for N.E.W. doing there homework, they would want to make sure of his position if they get promoted next season. Because that 2 year deal might only be 1!

brutal;409837 said:
Well you could argue that someone capable of being your best bat, should not be batting at 8,9 or 10! His reasons for batting that low at Research were more for his reasons than the teams. To be blunt at times Leadership demanded he bat higher, but he refused. As for N.E.W. doing there homework, they would want to make sure of his position if they get promoted next season. Because that 2 year deal might only be 1!

Why would a 2 year only become 1? Surely the NEW captain would also bat him in the best place to suit the balance of the side, and remember there are a few other guys that can bat there as well...

Too Easy;409836 said:
I dont think Tags will bat anywhere near the top 4. I would suggest around 7,8,9 for the year.

NEWCC will be very hard to beat this season in all areas of their game. A couple of gun recruits along with 12 months in Barclay (not the worst side in Barclay last season) will see them a lot better for it both from a shear playing persective but also from a mental toughness and awareness persective.

They have had a very small glimpse of what it takes to play that next level of cricket and want it badder than ever.

PS - Teapicker - i look forward to your crap all year. Bring it on peasant!

1. Not the worst side in Barclay last season? You are kidding. Wake up knucklehead. YOU HAVE BEEN RELEGATED. YOU FINISHED LAST. WHICH MEANS YOU WERE THE WORST SIDE IN IT.
2. As for wanting it badder than ever. You went up, got scared, didn't recruit, got even more scared and now you see some easy kills in Money Shield.
Lets face it you all sleep with the lights on.
3. Mental toughness? Ha ha ha ha. Refer my got scared comment above.
PICKER OUT!!!

fresh face;409844 said:
Why would a 2 year only become 1? Surely the NEW captain would also bat him in the best place to suit the balance of the side, and remember there are a few other guys that can bat there as well...

Don`t give me that crap mate! I watched kids get crucified last year whilst there Captain hid behind them down the bottom of the order! If he`s allowed to do the same thing at a lesser standard under someone elses leadership, then him and the club are kidding themselves. I mention the 1 year because he told another Barclay club that he was only interested in playing one more season of 1`s cricket, then he would just play lower levels. I`m guessing that if NEW won Money Shield, he would not back up into Barclay!

brutal;409908 said:
Don`t give me that crap mate! I watched kids get crucified last year whilst there Captain hid behind them down the bottom of the order! If he`s allowed to do the same thing at a lesser standard under someone elses leadership, then him and the club are kidding themselves. I mention the 1 year because he told another Barclay club that he was only interested in playing one more season of 1`s cricket, then he would just play lower levels. I`m guessing that if NEW won Money Shield, he would not back up into Barclay!

What this about kids frying crucified. Maybe if some of them had the silver spoons removed from there mouths and they swallowed some concrete pills they would learn. When I was trying to establish as a senior cricketer that's what happened. How the hell are these kids and prodigies meant to learn while they have peanuts protecting them from the realities of senior cricket.

brutal;409908 said:

Sour grapes Brutal?

fresh face;409915 said:
What this about kids frying crucified. Maybe if some of them had the silver spoons removed from there mouths and they swallowed some concrete pills they would learn. When I was trying to establish as a senior cricketer that's what happened. How the hell are these kids and prodigies meant to learn while they have peanuts protecting them from the realities of senior cricket.

They learn by being guided, not tossed in at the deep end to allow the so called leader to come in after the tea break and face the old ball in the hands of tired openers or 2nd change hacks!

Teapicker;409492 said:
Leigh McTaggert has been cleared to McTaggert Island. This is the name of the island he has purchased and named after himself with all of the money that NEW are paying him.

I heard last night that NEW are paying him 10k! Also was told quite a few NEW people are not happy with his presence at the club. Source=NEW member.

I also have it on very solid trustworthy authority that there is literally zero change from 25k for both the new NEW coach and McTaggert. Both are not happy with the way things have been going so far. Expecially the senior coach.

NEWCC will be very hard to beat this season in all areas of their game. A couple of gun recruits along with 12 months in Barclay (not the worst side in Barclay last season) will see them a lot better for it both from a shear playing persective but also from a mental toughness and awareness persective.
I would have to agree with this in the sense that a year in barclay can only be beneficial and they are certainly one of the teams to beat this season, but bare in mind that when they won in two seasons ago they weren't the best team in Money and although they knocked off St Francis and Yarrambat to win it they had/have to improve to do it again. Lower and Yarrambat, Greenborough and St francis will all be there abouts again particularly if Yarrambats coach bats well and takes some pressure off of Bray, expect South Morang to be challenging as well... i think that Money Shield has made substantial steps forward in the last 4-5 seasons with regards to depth and it should be a good season with plenty of questions about who'll win it and who was worth the money to be answered along the way.

Great to see some great cricket played on Saturday........................ St Franks over Mill Park, Bundoora United going down to Hurstbridge,Lower Plenty without 6 of last years first XI winning against South Morang, Mont way to strong for burra, North Eltham beating Panton Hill and Thomastown over Yarrambat. Looking forward to some great games this season

Great to see some great cricket played on Saturday........................ St Franks over Mill Park, Bundoora United going down to Hurstbridge,Lower Plenty without 6 of last years first XI winning against South Morang, Mont way to strong for burra, North Eltham beating Panton Hill and Thomastown over Yarrambat. Looking forward to some great games this season

Bundoora United beat hurstbridge.

Hard to gauge too much from one round of cricket, particularly the first one of the season and being a one dayer and all. That being said the ball definitely did less although it went a bit later. I'd guess that you'll probably see the line that sides bowl move about 6 inches further off side. Captains will have to work harder to set better fields and bowlers will have to be more disciplined in bowling to it.... basically better cricket. Ive noticed at my club that the guys bowling in the nets with the four piece are improving with it every week.

Can anyone tell me about Andy Stuarts innings on the weekend? Was it a genuine swashbuckler or was the innings a fat boy that cant who can no longer run between wickets?

Not sure of the best place to post this, so will put it on here.
Just noticed that C Grade (Money Shield 2's for most clubs) fixture has been changed, nothing was noted on the DVCA website, and the Sunday game that was scheduled for Jan 30 and Feb 6 has been moved to Nov 28 and Dec 5.
This disrupts all plans for some clubs having $1,000 draws and functions that have already been locked in to social calendars.
Surely something like this should have been done a little more transparently.

Can anyone tell me about Andy Stuarts innings on the weekend? Was it a genuine swashbuckler or was the innings a fat boy that cant who can no longer run between wickets?

saw first hand on the weekend, no need to run when you hit the ball to the boundary at mach 3. will make 500+ this season.

Back