Dvca - Money Shield - Season 2011/12

Tongs, firstly no sledge nor shit stir intended, but did Eltham think that Money shield would be easier then it was.
Minney got a few, but no as many as everybody thought...including me!
Getting Donno, fair season and Dogga poor season and Gutto average season was the expectation that straight back up was a formality.
To not make the finals it a major failure, hows the club taken it?

Firstly - No idea who ECC is? But they are pretty much spot on.

Greensborough just pipped us and they had 1 wash out, we had 3. The two sides above them only had 2 aswell. I would like to think looking at where the games were at that we would have got a minimum of 6 more points and that put us into finals. We also lost our best player (and the best in the comp) for effectively 2 games, and yes we do rely on him, although not as much.

I can tell you now, not one person at our club thought it was a formality to go straight back up, and anyone who did is a fool. Not to mention disrespectful to all the MS teams.

Not once were we smashed, we had quite a few guys missing every week for work etc which really killed us. And we were getting used to a new coach, new key players and the side really started to gel towards the end of the year. Nothing that is abnormal. We were all gutted to miss the finals, no doubt. But we were happy to get back on the winners list a few more times than what we have had in the past.

A major fail? You're kidding yourself. You quite clearly have no idea about sport. Yes we came down from a stronger comp in BS, but we were no world beaters up there, and its not as if you're playing re tards!

Congratulations to the Frangers and the old panther boy Bubis. I have heard he was up to his best antics on the weekend. The best side all year got the flag. Well deserved.

Interesting to see the spirit of cricket award at the DVCA website. Lower Plenty came first and St Francis/Old Paradians came 23rd. St Francis/Old Paradians took home the flag. Could be a lesson there!

Interesting to see the spirit of cricket award at the DVCA website. Lower Plenty came first and St Francis/Old Paradians came 23rd. St Francis/Old Paradians took home the flag. Could be a lesson there!

I am not overly surprised with many of those results (who are at the top, who are at the bottom) Although I was surprised with my club. I wouldn't have though that we had anyone whinge of sledge? I guess the umpires view it differently.
I would imagine had the Frangas not had a certain spinner, they might have got an extra 20 odd votes.

Funny enough, both shield flag winners were placed 11th in their division.

I am not overly surprised with many of those results (who are at the top, who are at the bottom) Although I was surprised with my club. I wouldn't have though that we had anyone whinge of sledge? I guess the umpires view it differently.
I would imagine had the Frangas not had a certain spinner, they might have got an extra 20 odd votes.

So you have got to sledge and be unsportsman like to win a flag??? Hasn't helped me for the past 20 odd years :D

Is sledging unsportsmanlike? Yes there is a point when going over the top is just plain wrong (overly personal or any vilification) but sledging has been apart of ALL sport not just cricket for years. I actually like a bit of sledging and know that most decent players (tongs stop reading here) actually get better after a mis-guided sledge.

Is sledging unsportsmanlike? Yes there is a point when going over the top is just plain wrong (overly personal or any vilification) but sledging has been apart of ALL sport not just cricket for years. I actually like a bit of sledging and know that most decent players (tongs stop reading here) actually get better after a mis-guided sledge.

I love sleding. I love giving it, love recieving it. There are some limits, although they are not always adhered to. Some do it well with a bit of wittiness, others are shlte at it "You're Fn rubbish" etc. If you're going to do it, have a bit of wit about you. I have heard some very funny things at times, its a real art form. A bit like Bulls comment above, although an overweight bald man should never sledge anyone about anything.... EVER :eek:

So Rosanna are in Money Shield. Are they going relegate nobody, bring Bundoora's 2's up and have a 14 team comp so there is no bye?

So Rosanna are in Money Shield. Are they going relegate nobody, bring Bundoora's 2's up and have a 14 team comp so there is no bye?

Rule S5

• only in the lowest possible grade will there be more than one team from a club, or a bye,
or more than 12 or less than 8 teams;

Back