Dvca - Money Shield - Season 2011/12

Righto. Does that mean Mill Park and Riverside get punted and Rosanna and Bundoora are in?

As it stands yes, however, if Mill Park win their appeal they would remain in Money. As a club we are yet to determine if promotion to Money would be of any benefit to our club. It may well be that we ask to remain in B grade. I am not convinced our 12-22 best players would be able to compete with others first 11. I think Hurstbridge are better placed than us to have another crack at Money shield.

Please note this is my personal view, not that of my club.

As it stands yes, however, if Mill Park win their appeal they would remain in Money. As a club we are yet to determine if promotion to Money would be of any benefit to our club. It may well be that we ask to remain in B grade. I am not convinced our 12-22 best players would be able to compete with others first 11. I think Hurstbridge are better placed than us to have another crack at Money shield.

Fair call. Can't see the benefit of getting smashed every week for no reason. It really isn't a fair playing field. Wonder if Riverside agree?

It might help if the DVCA were proactive in actually hearing the appeal. Both Plenty & Mill Park have every right to be angered by the delay in the executive doing absolutley nothing for a month. I hear it will held Tuesday week, some 5 1/2 weeks after the appeal, which is an absolute joke. I believe Michael Atkinson has also resigned as a result of the whole farce.

It might help if the DVCA were proactive in actually hearing the appeal. Both Plenty & Mill Park have every right to be angered by the delay in the executive doing absolutley nothing for a month. I hear it will held Tuesday week, some 5 1/2 weeks after the appeal, which is an absolute joke. I believe Michael Atkinson has also resigned as a result of the whole farce.

no one knows what he looks like and now people dont know his name!! maybe it was time to go anyway

no one knows what he looks like and now people dont know his name!! maybe it was time to go anyway
Surely we aren't going to do this again this year. Unless blokes are willing to put up, then shut up. There was a witch hunt last year, and as a result we lost a few members from the executive that weren't replaced. The guys in the position do a great job with little support, so rather than people bagging ten and suggesting they leave, why don't you stand up and help them?

Tongs is spot on. If you'd ever made a serious contribution to anything H2B you'd know better than to bag others. Mill Park and Plenty only have themselves to blame for the position they are in and if it takes another 3 months to sort out then thats just their bad luck, next time show some restraint.

I really can't fathom the logic of your argument. The Administrator is an employee of the DVCA. His job is to administer the competition. From what I have seen he does a very good job. It shouldn't matter if people don't know his name or what he looks like.

Do you know the name or face of your garbage collector? Will you be demanding that Nillumbik/Banyule/Whittlesea Council sack him and employ someone that people know? Do you know the name or face of your postie? Will you be demanding that Australia Post sack him and employ someone that people know? By your logic, no-one would be allowed to have a job because most people don't know who they are.

I really can't fathom the logic of your argument. The Administrator is an employee of the DVCA. His job is to administer the competition. From what I have seen he does a very good job. It shouldn't matter if people don't know his name or what he looks like.

Do you know the name or face of your garbage collector? Will you be demanding that Nillumbik/Banyule/Whittlesea Council sack him and employ someone that people know? Do you know the name or face of your postie? Will you be demanding that Australia Post sack him and employ someone that people know? By your logic, no-one would be allowed to have a job because most people don't know who they are.
take a chill pill warwick ffs! i wasnt really making an argument, so to those offended, calm down and relax!~

ive rung the guy about 10 times since he started, he's never answered, i've left messages at least 4 times, never even got a call back!! ive never seen him, wouldnt know he existed, i know my postie and garbage collector exist ;)

take a chill pill warwick ffs! i wasnt really making an argument, so to those offended, calm down and relax!~

ive rung the guy about 10 times since he started, he's never answered, i've left messages at least 4 times, never even got a call back!! ive never seen him, wouldnt know he existed, i know my postie and garbage collector exist ;)

No worries Harry, I can't wait to see you at the DVCA Pre AGM where we will see you put your hand up to run on the DVCA Exec and then you can address Mick directly about his job capabilities, rather then just potting him anonymously from a distance.
Maybe the things that you contacted him where similar to your opinions on here. Pointless.

Might just be a message there why he hasnt returned your calls H2B, me thinks he doesnt suffer fools like YOU gladly:confused:

Tongs is spot on. If you'd ever made a serious contribution to anything H2B you'd know better than to bag others. Mill Park and Plenty only have themselves to blame for the position they are in and if it takes another 3 months to sort out then thats just their bad luck, next time show some restraint.
It's not actually..... Appeals are supposed to be heard within 2 weeks of original sanction being handed down. Also they must be quite sure they know that a wittness can't actually be a participating member of the tribunal...... But hey I'm sure the DVCA already know the rules relating to this......

Mick does an OK job, I have called him and emailed him many times and always get a reply. With all the issues in the last off-season I cannot remember many once we got started.

He is a paid employee of the DVCA, he does a hard job and, like others on the executive put hours and hours into their responsibility that you cannot fathom.

The Plenty and Mill Park issue deserves time, hell we still have a fair few months of off-season to sort that out.

It's not actually..... Appeals are supposed to be heard within 2 weeks of original sanction being handed down. Also they must be quite sure they know that a wittness can't actually be a participating member of the tribunal...... But hey I'm sure the DVCA already know the rules relating to this......

I was involved in a similier thing that went to Cricket Victoria and it took MONTHS. Not perfect but sometimes things happen.

Dunno about the issue with a witness, you would hope everything is transparent, anyway, have not both clubs plead guilty and its the harshness of penalty they are appealing?

I was involved in a similier thing that went to Cricket Victoria and it took MONTHS. Not perfect but sometimes things happen.

Dunno about the issue with a witness, you would hope everything is transparent, anyway, have not both clubs plead guilty and its the harshness of penalty they are appealing?

That happened in the Fletcher vs Baker case - I think, happy to be corrected by someone who has first-hand knowledge, Fletcher went and appealed his 2 year ban and it was thrown out on the back of no new evidence being presented.

So going by that precedent you would hope (for their sakes) one or both clubs have new evidence that would point to a lesser penalty. If they're going in saying "we plead guilty but want a lesser sentence" I don't like their chances.

No worries Harry, I can't wait to see you at the DVCA Pre AGM where we will see you put your hand up to run on the DVCA Exec and then you can address Mick directly about his job capabilities, rather then just potting him anonymously from a distance.
Maybe the things that you contacted him where similar to your opinions on here. Pointless.

maybe i will, i dont need to address him, i just want an administrator of a local comp to be approachable/available to the clubs!!
ALL clubs, not a select few.

at the end of the day, after 2 yrs, ive had no response from this guy, never seen him. is that what an adminastrator should do?? do his business in silence and only communicate with a few clubs? thats how it seems. if thats true, then im wrong..sorry!

of course those being looked after will say he does a fine job!! of course!!

Might just be a message there why he hasnt returned your calls H2B, me thinks he doesnt suffer fools like YOU gladly:confused:

so my name and phone number indicates im a fool does it??

**yeah yeah, i know its inappropriate for this forum

maybe i will, i dont need to address him, i just want an administrator of a local comp to be approachable/available to the clubs!!
ALL clubs, not a select few.

at the end of the day, after 2 yrs, ive had no response from this guy, never seen him. is that what an adminastrator should do?? do his business in silence and only communicate with a few clubs? thats how it seems. if thats true, then im wrong..sorry!

of course those being looked after will say he does a fine job!! of course!!
so my name and phone number indicates im a fool does it??

**yeah yeah, i know its inappropriate for this forum

Ah, Harry - you seem bitter.
I will say that I am from one of the smaller clubs, and being a first year president, I am not in the 'inner sanctum' of elitists that you refer to. I have at times found it hard to get information from the executive itself, but all in all, I think that Michael has done a terrific job.
Maybe you could refer to the letter distributed to all clubs at the start of the season stating which member of the executive was assigned to each club, and have that person chase up your enquiry.

Or as I said, step forward and do the job yourself.

That happened in the Fletcher vs Baker case - I think, happy to be corrected by someone who has first-hand knowledge, Fletcher went and appealed his 2 year ban and it was thrown out on the back of no new evidence being presented.

So going by that precedent you would hope (for their sakes) one or both clubs have new evidence that would point to a lesser penalty. If they're going in saying "we plead guilty but want a lesser sentence" I don't like their chances.

Mmmmm, Dunno a thing about the Fletcher v Baker appeal, then again I also know SFA about the MP and Plenty issue. I do agree with you though, they plead guilty and now want a leaner punishment I think they are going to fall on deaf ears......UNLESS they did not know the implications of pleading guilty, which would be surprising really.

Back