Dvca - Money Shield - Season 2011/12

Forget Barclay and Money setups as they are and create 2 top divisions with each division having its own lower grades. Not sure how many new teams joining but you could have maybe 14 teams in each division. This will make it easier for all clubs to recruit players and would strengthen the DVCA. This would be the fairest way to represent the skill level of all DVCA clubs if 3 or more new teams join. I know its hard but think whats best for the comp and not just whats best for your club.

What is the point of two top divisions? How does that make the comp better? Having the top sides in Barclay playing the bottom sides in Money isn't ideal.

Forget Barclay and Money setups as they are and create 2 top divisions with each division having its own lower grades. Not sure how many new teams joining but you could have maybe 14 teams in each division. This will make it easier for all clubs to recruit players and would strengthen the DVCA. This would be the fairest way to represent the skill level of all DVCA clubs if 3 or more new teams join. I know its hard but think whats best for the comp and not just whats best for your club.

What is the point of two top divisions? How does that make the comp better? Having the top sides in Barclay playing the bottom sides in Money isn't ideal.

And, of course, you can't get a fair draw in 14-team grades - either you don't play everyone, or you have far too many fixtured 1-dayers for the highest grade (not to mention probably even more unfixtured 1-dayers now that we are back to more normal weather conditions).

And, of course, you can't get a fair draw in 14-team grades - either you don't play everyone, or you have far too many fixtured 1-dayers for the highest grade (not to mention probably even more unfixtured 1-dayers now that we are back to more normal weather conditions).
Subbies have 14 and Premier even more so fixtureing is not an issue.

They also use a lot more playing dates, something DVCA clubs and players have consistently rejected.
Because we play park cricket. I think the DVCA is one of the strongest local comps going around state wide, but it is park cricket. No one wants to play Saturday/Sunday games, Sunday/Sunday games, or like Premier cricket - games on public holidays. So that limits the amount of games that we can and will play.

With the grounds that we play on, where the councils don't water or maintain the grounds, we are basically playing on concrete with grass on top of it, and running around on that for 5 hours, and then having to front to work the next day is tough. When you have guys that are tradies, or work on their feet, it proves very tough to play Sunday's. The difference is, Premier Cricket and subbies are playing on the best grounds state wide, and therefore probably wouldn't feel the affects that we all endure.

Because we play park cricket. I think the DVCA is one of the strongest local comps going around state wide, but it is park cricket. No one wants to play Saturday/Sunday games, Sunday/Sunday games, or like Premier cricket - games on public holidays. So that limits the amount of games that we can and will play.

With the grounds that we play on, where the councils don't water or maintain the grounds, we are basically playing on concrete with grass on top of it, and running around on that for 5 hours, and then having to front to work the next day is tough. When you have guys that are tradies, or work on their feet, it proves very tough to play Sunday's. The difference is, Premier Cricket and subbies are playing on the best grounds state wide, and therefore probably wouldn't feel the affects that we all endure.

Tongs, you can't be serious. The reason why we don't play Sundays is because we are not trying to play for Victoria and many tradies play Premier cricket by the way! I can GUARANTEE that 100 overs of Premier cricket on the Junction oval is far more physically draining than 80 overs of anything in the DVCA.

Tongs, you can't be serious. The reason why we don't play Sundays is because we are not trying to play for Victoria and many tradies play Premier cricket by the way! I can GUARANTEE that 100 overs of Premier cricket on the Junction oval is far more physically draining than 80 overs of anything in the DVCA.

Guys don't want to play Sunday's due to work on a Monday. Can anyone else tell me why they don't want to play on a sunday?
Go field on Lalor's ground for 80 overs when it has no grass on it, rock hard because it hasn't been watered for 2 months, no rain and then you tell me the difference between that and 100 overs on carpet at the Junction that has been perfectly manicured every day of the week.

Guys don't want to play Sunday's due to work on a Monday. Can anyone else tell me why they don't want to play on a sunday?
Go field on Lalor's ground for 80 overs when it has no grass on it, rock hard because it hasn't been watered for 2 months, no rain and then you tell me the difference between that and 100 overs on carpet at the Junction that has been perfectly manicured every day of the week.
I thought the grounds and facilities were 1st class within the DVCA

I thought the grounds and facilities were 1st class within the DVCA

The DVCA grounds are by far the best in the region, and for "park cricket" are very good. But you cannot compare our grounds to that of district cricket you snuff.

Welcome to the DVCA DJ, you are now officially the biggest flog in the DVCA. Riverside Strangler is second.

The DVCA grounds are by far the best in the region, and for "park cricket" are very good. But you cannot compare our grounds to that of district cricket you snuff.

Welcome to the DVCA DJ, you are now officially the biggest flog in the DVCA. Riverside Strangler is second.

No need to be modest here, Tongs. You're counted among the top 3, at least. ;)

Didn't you say there was no grass on the ground and it hasn't been watered for 2 months?????

Back