Dvca - Money Shield - Season 2011/12

Guys don't want to play Sunday's due to work on a Monday. Can anyone else tell me why they don't want to play on a sunday?
Go field on Lalor's ground for 80 overs when it has no grass on it, rock hard because it hasn't been watered for 2 months, no rain and then you tell me the difference between that and 100 overs on carpet at the Junction that has been perfectly manicured every day of the week.

Bit harsh on Lalors ground - played there twice after Christmas this year ( in 2 separate grades) and whilst far from ideal, certianly not the worst.
Agree several years ago during the drought it was ordinary - but so to was our ground and many others...

Have to agree though, the district grounds cannot be compared to even the best DVCA or local grounds. Bowling greens most of them.

Why do existing Money Shield clubs need to make way for these new comers (rosanna, heidelburg, banyule) IMO they should all start in the 3rd division and make there way up the grades and prove their worth in our comp. Its not fair on existing clubs to battle these teams unless they have already proven their worth in a lower grade. I dont care who they are or what they have done previously they are coming into our comp you play by our rules; besides if they think its gonna be easy in money they have another thing coming

Why do existing Money Shield clubs need to make way for these new comers (rosanna, heidelburg, banyule) IMO they should all start in the 3rd division and make there way up the grades and prove their worth in our comp. Its not fair on existing clubs to battle these teams unless they have already proven their worth in a lower grade. I dont care who they are or what they have done previously they are coming into our comp you play by our rules; besides if they think its gonna be easy in money they have another thing coming

Whilst i agree with what you're saying 100%, I am lead to believe that there will NOT be 3 grades. So all the talk about who will/should be in the "three" grades is useless.

I didn't know the DV was run through this Forum

Do the people on the HDCA thread think you're a goose as much as what we do? Is that why you post here? Maybe you could spend some more time on the running of your comp then on here posting. Then they might not fold ASWELL.

Agree 100%. Its more than just 3 teams coming here though it could be 12-15 teams. Thats an extra grade so will all the lower grades have to be restructured too?
Not just affects Money shield teams but also clubs lower teams and where they are graded which we havent mentioned yet

Do you know, then, how it will be organised?
I had a discussion around possibilities, but there are too many what if's at this stage:

Will:
* Mill Park stay Relegated or stay up?
* Riverside also get relegated or stay up?
* Bundoora come up (they might not want to)?
* Hurstbridge also come up (If Bundoora don't want to)?
* Who actually comes across to the DVCA from HDCA?
* What will be the total 1st XI team numbers?

Until ALL of those answers are had, then it is impossible to try to imagine what the draw will look like.

Agree 100%. Its more than just 3 teams coming here though it could be 12-15 teams. Thats an extra grade so will all the lower grades have to be restructured too?
Not just affects Money shield teams but also clubs lower teams and where they are graded which we havent mentioned yet

Exactly. If each of the 1,2,3 or 4 or more clubs come across and they each have between 3-5 senior teams then the reshuffle down the grades will impact many.

In theory - assume it is 4 clubs as rumoured, then 4 to come out of MS (?), (Riv & MP are 2) pushes four down to B grade, which in turn pushes 4 to C grade...
But then where do you slot the HDCA clubs 2's into - assume C grade - which pushes a total of 8 clubs down to D grade etc...

A pretty big snowball effect on the lower grades. :eek:

But I am a supporter of the move if it happens.

Exactly. If each of the 1,2,3 or 4 or more clubs come across and they each have between 3-5 senior teams then the reshuffle down the grades will impact many.

In theory - assume it is 4 clubs as rumoured, then 4 to come out of MS (?), (Riv & MP are 2) pushes four down to B grade, which in turn pushes 4 to C grade...
But then where do you slot the HDCA clubs 2's into - assume C grade - which pushes a total of 8 clubs down to D grade etc...

A pretty big snowball effect on the lower grades. :eek:

But I am a supporter of the move if it happens.

Start all the new clubs in H Grade and let them work their way up....:D

Enjoying not being the worst bloke on here Tongs?

Do the people on the HDCA thread think you're a goose as much as what we do? Is that why you post here? Maybe you could spend some more time on the running of your comp then on here posting. Then they might not fold ASWELL.

Didn't I read on here that the Plenty and Mill Park appeals were to be heard last night? Does anyone know if this is correct, and what the outcomes were?

Obviously the main point to any appeal must include new evidence, which Plenty bought to the table.

Plenty had their appeal upheld and all sides will start on zero points next year like everyone else. Independent witness reports cleared Plenty players and parents of any wrong doing in the incident.

Mill Park had their points reinstated, however their 1st XI are still relegated to B grade and fine still apply. Was not a first offense for Mill Park this season

because it is a known fact that the DVCA want these 3 big clubs. can you imagine if they start in 'C' grade what that would do to their respective clubs? It would be a lottery for opposing clubs to pick up players

Back