Dvca - Money Shield - Season 2011/12

Are you the full bag? We won 6 flags in the last 9 seasons.... And there was only 3 blokes that played in all 6 flags. So I would have thought that basic mathematics says we must have recruited new players in that time. I know for a mater of fact that people came to us in some instances because they wanted to play for plenty.... Seriously mate your making a dil of yourself

Anybody who knows the first thing about the DVCA knows that Plenty has an unparalleled record over the last 10-15 years of recruiting top players from (Premier/District, DVCA and other) clubs.
Of course, it may not be known to the ignorant.

This is a quote from yourself,
"Barclay Shield = Division 1
1 = Top
Its not like BS players are trying to get to MS?????"
Tell us why a Barclay player wouldn't go to Money shield. Is it because its hard to recruit top players into a 2nd or 3rd division side or is it that every single team in Money does not have a decent plan. You aren't exactly a deep thinker are you.

If you where a thinker, or even had an IQ you could se that what I was saying was players do not play to go DOWN a grade...However, many a Barclay Shield player has gone to Money Shield. One of the most revered player in recent times (one of the better I have seen) went to MS and last season won a Premiership.....how???? HIS CLUB DID NOT GET ON A FORUM AND COMPLAIN THAT IT WAS NOT FAIR LIKE THE ************** GIRL YOU ARE SOUNDING LIKE!!!!! They recruited, used their talent and WON? There are many players on MS that would tear it apart in BS (probably one of the best batsman in years is in MS and trust me will stay there trying to get his club to BS)....why are they staying? Maybe they like it at their Club and believe in their plan.

Complaining and its not fair and it cannot be done will obviously keep what ever rabble you belong to where they are.

No, maybe I am not a thinker.....but trust me tosser....I do not sook and complain and want want want.:rolleyes:

Goose:)

I am not sure why the discussion about 3 divisions.

Currently 12 teams in MS. Riverside out (relegated and want out), Mill Park banished to C grade, Bundoora ( B grade premier) happy to stay in B, leaves 10 teams.

Add in the rumoured 4 teams - Rosanna, Heidelberg, Banyule & 1 yet to be named local NMCA club which I recently heard about = 14 teams.
Plays 13 matches - 7 x 2 day & 6 x 1 day. Not ideal to play so many 1 day matches but only way to get to play every one once.

To be determined but maybe bottom 3 to go down...?

To have 2 MS divisons - need minimum of 16 teams, so 2 of Bundoora, Riverside or Hurstrbidge need to come/stay up.
They then play 7 teams twice in a one day & 2 day format (like HDCA). This is an extra day of cricket though and need to allow for finals as well and and overall grand final between 2 divisions... not enough time in the season unlessy you play about 4 Sat/sun...

1 divison by 14 teams for me.

I am not sure why the discussion about 3 divisions.

Currently 12 teams in MS. Riverside out (relegated and want out), Mill Park banished to C grade, Bundoora ( B grade premier) happy to stay in B, leaves 10 teams.

Add in the rumoured 4 teams - Rosanna, Heidelberg, Banyule & 1 yet to be named local NMCA club which I recently heard about = 14 teams.
Plays 13 matches - 7 x 2 day & 6 x 1 day. Not ideal to play so many 1 day matches but only way to get to play every one once.

To be determined but maybe bottom 3 to go down...?

To have 2 MS divisons - need minimum of 16 teams, so 2 of Bundoora, Riverside or Hurstrbidge need to come/stay up.
They then play 7 teams twice in a one day & 2 day format (like HDCA). This is an extra day of cricket though and need to allow for finals as well and and overall grand final between 2 divisions... not enough time in the season unlessy you play about 4 Sat/sun...

1 divison by 14 teams for me.

Not trying to throw the cat amongst the pidgeons or cause issues on here, but why not do it like the amateur footy. Two up (being the two GF winners from MS) - two down. Creates a lot of interest.

Not trying to throw the cat amongst the pidgeons or cause issues on here, but why not do it like the amateur footy. Two up (being the two GF winners from MS) - two down. Creates a lot of interest.
With you there. With/without the divisions. If MS is extending from 12 to 14 wouldn't it be more satisfying for the 2 clubs who have done all that work all year and been the best 2 out of the 14. As for BS bottom 2 teams and the others that are in the divison are concerned. Well what about if the 2nd bottom team have to reach a certain amount of wins or points to not get relegated. Lets say 3/4 wins or if its rain interrupted season over 20 points???

Is it confirmed yet that Bundoora Park, Heidelberg and Banyule have applied?

Heard nothing official.
Rumoured that Heid are meeting DVCA next Wed to discuss, have also heard that the other 2 clubs mentioned are applying, but have heard nothing official from DVCA.

Bund Park - technically do not fit the mould - from Darebin council - although geographically not an issue, the council boundary might be.

What news of the other HDCA clubs that reside within Banyule - Nth Heid, West heid, Old & West ivanhoe, Viewbank, Bellfield etc...

Heard nothing official.
Rumoured that Heid are meeting DVCA next Wed to discuss, have also heard that the other 2 clubs mentioned are applying, but have heard nothing official from DVCA.

Bund Park - technically do not fit the mould - from Darebin council - although geographically not an issue, the council boundary might be.

What news of the other HDCA clubs that reside within Banyule - Nth Heid, West heid, Old & West ivanhoe, Viewbank, Bellfield etc...
majority are going to NMCA

If you where a thinker, or even had an IQ you could se that what I was saying was players do not play to go DOWN a grade...However, many a Barclay Shield player has gone to Money Shield. One of the most revered player in recent times (one of the better I have seen) went to MS and last season won a Premiership.....how???? HIS CLUB DID NOT GET ON A FORUM AND COMPLAIN THAT IT WAS NOT FAIR LIKE THE ************** GIRL YOU ARE SOUNDING LIKE!!!!! They recruited, used their talent and WON? There are many players on MS that would tear it apart in BS (probably one of the best batsman in years is in MS and trust me will stay there trying to get his club to BS)....why are they staying? Maybe they like it at their Club and believe in their plan.

Complaining and its not fair and it cannot be done will obviously keep what ever rabble you belong to where they are.

No, maybe I am not a thinker.....but trust me tosser....I do not sook and complain and want want want.:rolleyes:

Goose:)
Couple of points:
1. You love contradicting yourself. You tell us that "Any Club that cannot get players as they are in a lower division are not approaching players with a decent plan." Then you kill this statement by telling us "what I was saying was players do not play to go DOWN a grade." Then you go on with how many Barclay shield players have dropped down to Money. Make up your mind.
2. For someone that likes telling Money shield teams to form 2 divisions then relegate teams to a 3rd you leave yourself wide open to be called a hypocrite as you don't want Barclay to do the same.
3. When I mention decreasing lower div teams ability to recruit top players and improving the comp I'm talking about Premier or ex-Premier players coming to DVCA. Not Barclay. If you only recruited from Barclay as many have dropped down in the past (Ha) your recruiting from your own comp. Duh!
4. Keep up with the name calling as after reading your posts it looks like thats all you got. Cheers.

Are you the full bag? We won 6 flags in the last 9 seasons.... And there was only 3 blokes that played in all 6 flags. So I would have thought that basic mathematics says we must have recruited new players in that time. I know for a mater of fact that people came to us in some instances because they wanted to play for plenty.... Seriously mate your making a dil of yourself
No need to take it so personal mate.6 flags in 8 seasons is a great effort but as last year proves when you finished 4th bottom that sometimes you can work your arse off recruiting but get nowhere. If you can't recruit last year in Barclay how do you expect to do it in 2nd and 3rd div. That is what I am saying. Just because a team is in a lower grade also doesn't mean its crap and isn't trying just as hard as anyone else. They have to work harder. If you have 2 top divisions you will have more teams attracting more high profile talented players therefore building the standard of your comp.

There seems to be too much deliberation on whether what should be happening. There is no total agreement or conclusions out of what is getting put forward. Its best if it is just left the way it is. Clubs that are entering get a chance next season whether there good enough or not in MS. If not then plans can go ahead for them to be in a seperate division. If there is conflict then there should be some sort of ruling as they are new entrants to the comp and have been given leniency to start in MS. So the fact is if they finish in the bottom 4 they should be automatically relegated. This should only apply to the new entrants as there should be a level of expectation if they are allowed straight into MS.

There seems to be too much deliberation on whether what should be happening. There is no total agreement or conclusions out of what is getting put forward. Its best if it is just left the way it is. Clubs that are entering get a chance next season whether there good enough or not in MS. If not then plans can go ahead for them to be in a seperate division. If there is conflict then there should be some sort of ruling as they are new entrants to the comp and have been given leniency to start in MS. So the fact is if they finish in the bottom 4 they should be automatically relegated. This should only apply to the new entrants as there should be a level of expectation if they are allowed straight into MS.
turn it up, people need to pull their head in & remember that this is park cricket not premier cricket

turn it up, people need to pull their head in & remember that this is park cricket not premier cricket
The terminology Park Cricket is slowly diminsihing in this association as the amounts of money that is getting thrown around can be on par of that at a highler level. Hence why the sense of passion is being continuously emphasised on this forum as no club wants to be disadvantaged from what could occur. There might be no choice but to put in implications towards new clubs so that there is no difficulties in place for the existing clubs of this Competition who have been around for many years and have put Pride on this Competition to have taken it to where it is now. This doesn't mean that if the implications were to be put in place that these clubs will still not be given opportunities.

Yes all unofficially confirmed and Viewbank as well. This would mean 5 new teams incl Rosanna for next year. (so far...)

So referring to my earlier post where we have 10 teams in MS at present, another 5 makes 15. Makes it difficult to arrange a single comp in MS with 15. Will need either 1 or 3 teams to come/stay up ( Mill Park, HB, Bund, or Riv) to make an even number. (and split into 2 div) or some teams will need to go into B grade.

My thoughts - current 10 MS sides stay in MS and add Rosanna, Heid to make 12. (both played in GF in HDCA div 1)

Banyule & Viewbank (who finished only 5th & 6th in HDCA) to start in B grade along with Bund Park ( div 2 Jika).
This then pushes 4-5 teams out of B grade ( with Riverside and maybe Mill Park coming down as well) (based on last 5 this year - Diamond Creek, Research, Macleod, Epping & Lalor Stars) but does it really matter quite as much at this level. Decision on C grade premier OPSF another issue. If they come up, does Plenty - who finished 7th go down to C...?

Clubs will need to carefully consider the ramifications for their clubs thru all the grades when voting next week or so.

Yes all unofficially confirmed and Viewbank as well. This would mean 5 new teams incl Rosanna for next year. (so far...)

So referring to my earlier post where we have 10 teams in MS at present, another 5 makes 15. Makes it difficult to arrange a single comp in MS with 15. Will need either 1 or 3 teams to come/stay up ( Mill Park, HB, Bund, or Riv) to make an even number. (and split into 2 div) or some teams will need to go into B grade.

My thoughts - current 10 MS sides stay in MS and add Rosanna, Heid to make 12. (both played in GF in HDCA div 1)

Banyule & Viewbank (who finished only 5th & 6th in HDCA) to start in B grade along with Bund Park ( div 2 Jika).
This then pushes 4-5 teams out of B grade ( with Riverside and maybe Mill Park coming down as well) (based on last 5 this year - Diamond Creek, Research, Macleod, Epping & Lalor Stars) but does it really matter quite as much at this level. Decision on C grade premier OPSF another issue. If they come up, does Plenty - who finished 7th go down to C...?

Clubs will need to carefully consider the ramifications for their clubs thru all the grades when voting next week or so.
has enough thought from the clubs coming into the DVCA been put into calculations & the ramifications it may have on their club, I really don't think so.

Back