DVCA Off-Season 202021

How long until the whole NMCA just decide to merge with us?

Having been involved in the hdca, nmca and currently dvca ,I can safely say that wouldn't be on there radar at all. Pretty sure after the failed Northern cricket league 10-15 years ago?
(Which I reckon would've been a great setup for all) they're happy to go it alone.

Anyway thats enough nmca garbage , how do we see them fitting in? From all accounts they have an aging list ,if they don't get the job done this season they may be stuck for many years to come. History says I wouldn't be banking on a sustained junior program.

Last edited:
Having been involved in the hdca, nmca and currently dvca ,I can safely say that wouldn't be on there radar at all. Pretty sure after the failed Northern cricket league 10-15 years ago?
(Which I reckon would've been a great setup for all) they're happy to go it alone.

Anyway thats enough nmca garbage , how do we see them fitting in? From all accounts they have an aging list ,if they don't get the job done this season they may be stuck for many years to come. History says I wouldn't be banking on a sustained junior program.
My thought is they will be calling a bunch of players from either JIKA or DVCA that they can throw some cash at that’s under 30 and who they can build a team around or even go higher to get some subbies/district guns with the goal to be in the top flight in 3 years.

My thought is they will be calling a bunch of players from either JIKA or DVCA that they can throw some cash at that’s under 30 and who they can build a team around or even go higher to get some subbies/district guns with the goal to be in the top flight in 3 years.
So business as usual if we are to believe the rumours

What’s done is done I suppose

do we think that the few clubs with international players will struggle to get those players back with this vivid stuff do you think that will effect the strength of those clubs and the comp as a whole?

What’s done is done I suppose

do we think that the few clubs with international players will struggle to get those players back with this vivid stuff do you think that will effect the strength of those clubs and the comp as a whole?

Some clubs will feel the effects harder than others.
Mill Park as an example were seriously strengthened off the back of two recruits, who proved to be match winners for them. If they don’t have those two back this season, they will struggle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some clubs will feel the effects harder than others.
Mill Park as an example were seriously strengthened off the back of two recruits, who proved to be match winners for them. If they don’t have those two back this season, they will struggle.

The Mill Park boys, North Elthams bloke, Sharman from Mont are the ones that made team of the year in their grades, Lower Eltham had a couple... Will have an impact on them for sure. I'll conclude this by saying I'm not sure if they live in Australia full time or not, so apologies if they are full time residents.

Yeah I thought that as well I know some would but there would be a fair few who don’t might save some clubs some money or we could see some talent from other comps coming to ours hopefully none of our quality players get pouched by other clubs looking to fill holes left by international players

From what I remember the Mill Park players didn’t have permanent residency, they were here for the summer. Unsure about Shaman or any others

Other problem could be clubs unable to pay players the amount they were before I’m tipping most clubs will lose sponsors dollars one way or another might be an interesting season in that regard

Back