DVCA Off-Season 202021

CV agreed to delay the season at all levels to accommodate senior AND junior footy. We will not be playing until local footy has finished at every level. In 2020, October will be footy finals and races. And for what its worth, I do not think pushing cricket finals into April will work at all, not with the AFL up and going, nobody will have any interest in cricket come Round 5 of the AFL. Need a shorter season or Sunday games to complete in March as usual. In the Shield grades, what's wrong with removing the double up rounds so each team plays each other once?

CV agreed to delay the season at all levels to accommodate senior AND junior footy. We will not be playing until local footy has finished at every level. In 2020, October will be footy finals and races. And for what its worth, I do not think pushing cricket finals into April will work at all, not with the AFL up and going, nobody will have any interest in cricket come Round 5 of the AFL. Need a shorter season or Sunday games to complete in March as usual. In the Shield grades, what's wrong with removing the double up rounds so each team plays each other once?
Watching some of the fittest play a 2 day game over a Saturday / Sunday would be highly entertaining.

Agree, IMO the season has to end at the same time as usual. The season was always going to start a week after the AFL Granny as usual, which would have been the Saturday the 3rd of October.

All you'll need to do is play one Sat/Sun fixture to make up for the delayed start, in the same format as the semi.

Season kicks off Saturday 17th October?

Agree, IMO the season has to end at the same time as usual. The season was always going to start a week after the AFL Granny as usual, which would have been the Saturday the 3rd of October.

All you'll need to do is play one Sat/Sun fixture to make up for the delayed start, in the same format as the semi.

Season kicks off Saturday 17th October?
Like it. Can sit back and watch the AFL Prelim after the days play.

AFL grandfinal looking like being a Sunday night, cricket the day before shouldn’t be too much of a issue
I know the DVCA are backward with moving forward, but I guess it is an opportunity to get creative and catch up to all the other comps.
9 X 2 = 18 weeks for Shield points.
2 X back to back t20’s. On the remaining 2 weeks to go toward a seperate ladder, played on weekends when there are more commonly less people who are available (Cup weekend/ Australia Day/ week before Chrissy)
Have the best 6 teams from NMCA make it a 36 team comp, hard thing will be trying to get teams to agree to playing Saturdays as they only have 8 team shields and their fixturing is a lot easier.
Play your regular Tuesday night T20 comp X 4
= 8 games
Use the model of Subbies where you just play clubs via location (North, East, South, West) not shields
Top 2 qualify from each region, similar to how it is now. 8 - 4 - Grand Final.
All of a sudden we can have 17- 20 hits in a season and not loose credibility of the shields of having to play 2 1 day games against random teams.

Just thinking out loud.

I know the DVCA are backward with moving forward, but I guess it is an opportunity to get creative and catch up to all the other comps.
2 X back to back t20’s. On the remaining 2 weeks to go toward a seperate ladder, played on weekends when there are more commonly less people who are available (Cup weekend/ Australia Day/ week before Chrissy)
Have the best 6 teams from NMCA make it a 36 team comp, hard thing will be trying to get teams to agree to playing Saturdays as they only have 8 team shields and their fixturing is a lot easier.
= 8 games
Use the model of Subbies where you just play clubs via location (North, East, South, West) not shields
All of a sudden we can have 17- 20 hits in a season and not loose credibility of the shields of having to play 2 1 day games against random teams.

Just thinking out loud.
Personally I’m of the belief that we don’t need to change anything?? And I hope that the exec see to it that nothing changes. It ain’t broke so don’t .....

= 8 games

Just thinking out loud.
Don’t think you’ll find too many teams keen to play in a T20 comp.

Personally I’m of the belief that we don’t need to change anything?? And I hope that the exec see to it that nothing changes. It ain’t broke so don’t .....
Fair enough. Playing 2 teams twice and 7 teams once is a very broken system for mine. Especially in only an 11 game season. Don’t know how you justify that one. It’s not just finals but also relegation. If I finish 5th and have beaten 4th through the year but I have to play 1’s and 2nd twice and 4th have playing 8th and 9th twice I find that broken.

Fair enough. Playing 2 teams twice and 7 teams once is a very broken system for mine. Especially in only an 11 game season. Don’t know how you justify that one. It’s not just finals but also relegation. If I finish 5th and have beaten 4th through the year but I have to play 1’s and 2nd twice and 4th have playing 8th and 9th twice I find that broken.
If you base that off just last year for example. I think Heidelberg and Epping both played Diamond Creek twice and they played each other twice... would think the best teams want to play against the best each week. Need to beat the best to win at the end of the day.

If you base that off just last year for example. I think Heidelberg and Epping both played Diamond Creek twice and they played each other twice... would think the best teams want to play against the best each week. Need to beat the best to win at the end of the day.
A coincidence more so than anything. You do not know who the best team is until the end of the season. It’s just inequity. Great outcome for this season though.

Yeah I get that, but I also think that is a reflection of the ageing DVCA. So much white ball cricket around us, but many of us old boys don’t find pleasure in the non- traditional game. Each to their own.
I understand what you are saying completely. However albeit “the ageing dvca” has about 10-12 very successful clubs, and the NMCA has about 3.. I think I know where I’d rather be

I understand what you are saying completely. However albeit “the ageing dvca” has about 10-12 very successful clubs, and the NMCA has about 3.. I think I know where I’d rather be

Not sure what it's got to do with the NMCA? always trying to sink the boots in hey bricky, they must of really upset you in a previous life

Back