DVCA Off-Season 2021

Has been very quiet now for a while. Any news anywhere?
I’m sure we’ll be seeing the new recruits soon out at pre seasons shortly. Our boys were 2 weeks into there’s, albeit a fitness pre season.. any other clubs in that same boat?

Not sure if this has been done before but have some spare time at the moment and was curious how the numbers stacked up for guys over the decade compared to what I had in my head. Some guys were stiff to play too long in Money and Barclay over the decade that probably ruled them out of both. For reference, my criteria was mainly numbers based, so longevity over the decade trumped a couple of big seasons. There were one or two contentious spots but most guys pick themselves once you look at the numbers, I only had to make a call on a couple and that was down to my preference. The order could be rearranged to suit preference but everyone has batted the position they're in. No shortage of bowling options -

Rob Wise
Tom Mclean (wk) (C)
Time Wise
Justin Whitcher
Glen Turner
Shannon Malone
John Lever
Chris Salm
Luke Campitelli
Michael Hansen
Luke Burgoyne

Not sure if this has been done before but have some spare time at the moment and was curious how the numbers stacked up for guys over the decade compared to what I had in my head. Some guys were stiff to play too long in Money and Barclay over the decade that probably ruled them out of both. For reference, my criteria was mainly numbers based, so longevity over the decade trumped a couple of big seasons. There were one or two contentious spots but most guys pick themselves once you look at the numbers, I only had to make a call on a couple and that was down to my preference. The order could be rearranged to suit preference but everyone has batted the position they're in. No shortage of bowling options -

Rob Wise
Tom Mclean (wk) (C)
Time Wise
Justin Whitcher
Glen Turner
Shannon Malone
John Lever
Chris Salm
Luke Campitelli
Michael Hansen
Luke Burgoyne
Could probably make a case for a M.Minney

Bored during lockdown and having a look at the socials/clearances.

Fill the gaps.

Bundoora the biggest mover and shaker in the off-season. Banyule some big outs.

NEW - gained handy bat/keeper from Ferntree Gulley Jayden Bradbury
Riverside - Luke Money coming back from stints at Subbies/District
Banyule - New coach pybus, lost Tyler, Lewis, most importantly Occa
Rosanna - seems quiet so far
Heidelberg - Gained Ben Rowe, Sean mortell from Eltham/Lower Eltham
Epping - new coach Bubis, wonder if the money men will be playing?
Macleod - seems quiet so far
Diamond Creek - new co-coach set up, Mcellen from Hursty, rumours of Lloyd Mash playing yet to be confirmed?
Lower Eltham - new playing coach from Sydenham-Hillside CC
Plenty - seems quiet so far

Bundoora Park - Lost Riley Hillyear to Mill Park
Research - quiet so far
Montmorency - quiet so far
Lalor Stars - quiet so far
BU- glenn turner playing
Eltham - lost rowe, no new coach announced after advertising
Bundoora - Taggar, sharman plus others playing, biggest movers of the off-season so far
Mernda- quiet so far
OP - Wegener x 2 returning, plus others
MP - Gained Hillyear from Mill Park keeper bat

Rosebank - gained a couple handy cricketers from subbies
Panton hill -
Whittlesea - seems to have kept core bunch of young players plus gained a couple
Laurimar - new coach, few recruits on the older side with experience in money shield
Lower Plenty - Quiet
Thomastown United - quiet
South Morang - quiet
Thomastown - quiet
Hurstbridge - quiet
Greensborough - few pick ups from uni it seems.

Last edited:
Back