DVCA Off-Season 2023

Spoke to teacher and drunken antics of OPs at college were minor. Security guard was a little precious when members were yelling and singing in a Druken manner
Siren going all night long not really minor to the local an won’t talk on the security guard part because it’s all rumours with happened to him an if true absolutely gutless

Just reading some comments from those in Adelaide forced into PlayHQ, this doesn't sound good at all. Not a single positive comment came from it. It seems the system is both unreliable and unnecessarily convoluted. If that's the case, god knows how we are going to go with live scoring.

OPs are scoping out options close but not at the College. They like the look of St Damiens ground Bundoora and Norris Banks Primary. We will start small with 2 teams only. The name will include OPs as part of a longer term strategy to return to the school. The actual name will be Old Paradians Bundy Bowls Amatuer Cricket Club (OPBB for short) with a relationship as described below.

Social room base is tipped to be Bundoora bowls club with a card kick back system. That is, OP affiliated people will have a card they swipe at the venue which gives 20% back (of sale price) to the OPs (not including happy hour beers). The bowls club will provide a room for specific club functions, limited to but not exceeding 3. Following the poor behaviour at Garvey Oval in the past, there is a warning system in place including a staged 1, 2 and 3 level discipline scheme. Any level 3 indiscretions, lead to immediate eviction from the venue.
Good to hear .. Which comp ? DVCA or NMCA

OPs are scoping out options close but not at the College. They like the look of St Damiens ground Bundoora and Norris Banks Primary. We will start small with 2 teams only. The name will include OPs as part of a longer term strategy to return to the school. The actual name will be Old Paradians Bundy Bowls Amatuer Cricket Club (OPBB for short) with a relationship as described below.

Social room base is tipped to be Bundoora bowls club with a card kick back system. That is, OP affiliated people will have a card they swipe at the venue which gives 20% back (of sale price) to the OPs (not including happy hour beers). The bowls club will provide a room for specific club functions, limited to but not exceeding 3. Following the poor behaviour at Garvey Oval in the past, there is a warning system in place including a staged 1, 2 and 3 level discipline scheme. Any level 3 indiscretions, lead to immediate eviction from the venue.
Isn't the Bundy bowls club sponsors of Bundoora Cricket Club?

Some comments from a Leader post saying the Cricket Aus promises a smooth transition to PlayHQ for next summer.

" From someone who had to deal with the transition last season here in SA, that comment might be the single biggest lie in the history of the word. PlayHQ is terrible and has next to no functionality, impossible to track stats in any meaningful way. The transition has been and continues to be a complete and unmitigated disaster."

" There is nothing amooth about playhq. It's been a disaster in NSW. A lot of us have gone back to book scoring "

" PlayHQ is about 3 years off being reliable and ready in my opinion. I urge all Victorian and Queensland associations to contact numerous associations in South Australia and take this to your governing bodies before accepting it. "

" After dealing with it last year in NSW all I can say is good luck to all the amateur cricketers in Victoria and Queensland, you'll need it. "

Doesn't fill me with that much confidence that this is going to end well. It's worrying, other than a bit of lagging on a Saturday arvo, I felt mycricket was in career best this season with the app. Really enjoy on a Sunday morning going over the games and the stats, from all reviews, this is going to be a nightmare.

I never had an issue with mycricket, why would we get rid of it ? Yeah it wasn't ideal Saturday night but if you really wanted could just chrome the scorecards. If it ain't broke why fix it.

They should've stayed with my cricket it is spot on for cricket.
For me what I want to know is when are we going to start having salary/points caps just like local footy an force clubs to develop there youth an not just try to buy success

They should've stayed with my cricket it is spot on for cricket.
For me what I want to know is when are we going to start having salary/points caps just like local footy an force clubs to develop there youth an not just try to buy success
This upcoming season.

Type
Category (Player)
Description

Base

2nd Tier VMCU Affiliate​
  • Played juniors (regardless of higher level history) or only ever played seniors at the Club
  • Played in other equivalent associations below 1st X1 only
1​
2​

Lapsed

3rd Tier Premier
2nd Tier VSDCA​
  • Has not played cricket in the past 3 seasons. (excludes Type 1 player)

• Played Premier or other State equivalent 3rd X1

• Played VSDCA or other State equivalent 2nd XI.
2​
3​
DVCA
2nd Tier Premier
1st Tier VSDCA
1st Tier VMCU Affiliate​
  • Played at another DVCA Club Shield X1.

• Played Premier 2nd X1 or other State equivalent 2nd XI.

• Played VSDCA 1st X1 or other State equivalent 1st XI.

• Played 1st X1 in other equivalent associations
3​
4​
1st Tier Premier

Overseas​
  • Played Premier 1st X1 or other State equivalent 1st X1

• Overseas Player
4​
5​
First Class​
  • First Class player
5​