DVCA Off-Season 2023

The following items have now been ratified by the DVCA Executives and are effective for the 2023-24 season and onwards.

Coloured clothing for Shield Grade 1 day cricket

• Coloured playing pants may be worn for Shield Grade 1 day cricket.
  • Coloured clothing (tops/pants) is not compulsory for Shield Grade 1 day cricket. Clubs may continue to wear traditional white tops and pants.
  • All coloured clothing designs must be as per the guidelines set out in SA9 of the DVCA Rule Book and be approved by the DVCA Executive prior to manufacturing.
  • Clubs planning to wear their existing T20 coloured playing clothing must ensure that they are as per the guidelines set out in the DVCA Rule Book and must have a collar.
Note, teams may wear the following:

• White playing tops & white playing pants
  • Coloured playing tops & white pants
  • Coloured playing tops & coloured pants
  • White playing tops & coloured pants
* All Players within teams must wear the same attire. E.g. All wearing the same coloured tops, or same coloured pants.

Ball specifications for Shield Grade 1 day cricket

• It is compulsory for all Shield Grade 1 day cricket to be played with a 4 piece pink ball
  • Clubs must ensure that they have a season's supply
Electronic scoring compulsory for all Shield Grade matches

Clubs were given 12 months notice at the beginning of the 2022-23 season to transition to electronic scoring for all Shield Grades. For the 2023-24 season and onwards, electronic scoring will be compulsory for all Shield Grades. Note, home side to do electronic scoring & away side to paper score.

The following items have now been ratified by the DVCA Executives and are effective for the 2023-24 season and onwards.

Coloured clothing for Shield Grade 1 day cricket

• Coloured playing pants may be worn for Shield Grade 1 day cricket.
  • Coloured clothing (tops/pants) is not compulsory for Shield Grade 1 day cricket. Clubs may continue to wear traditional white tops and pants.
  • All coloured clothing designs must be as per the guidelines set out in SA9 of the DVCA Rule Book and be approved by the DVCA Executive prior to manufacturing.
  • Clubs planning to wear their existing T20 coloured playing clothing must ensure that they are as per the guidelines set out in the DVCA Rule Book and must have a collar.
Note, teams may wear the following:

• White playing tops & white playing pants
  • Coloured playing tops & white pants
  • Coloured playing tops & coloured pants
  • White playing tops & coloured pants
* All Players within teams must wear the same attire. E.g. All wearing the same coloured tops, or same coloured pants.

Ball specifications for Shield Grade 1 day cricket

• It is compulsory for all Shield Grade 1 day cricket to be played with a 4 piece pink ball
  • Clubs must ensure that they have a season's supply
Electronic scoring compulsory for all Shield Grade matches

Clubs were given 12 months notice at the beginning of the 2022-23 season to transition to electronic scoring for all Shield Grades. For the 2023-24 season and onwards, electronic scoring will be compulsory for all Shield Grades. Note, home side to do electronic scoring & away side to paper score.
Surely being this far out from seasons start, clubs all go with full coloured clothing.
going to look like proper Sunday league if one team is wearing colours & one is wearing whites.

Surely being this far out from seasons start, clubs all go with full coloured clothing.
going to look like proper Sunday league if one team is wearing colours & one is wearing whites.
You’d hope so. Some clubs will say “we can’t afford it” but they’re the same clubs that will see no issue parting ways with their $$ for a mercenary to score them 385 runs in Money Shield

You’d hope so. Some clubs will say “we can’t afford it” but they’re the same clubs that will see no issue parting ways with their $$ for a mercenary to score them 385 runs in Money Shield
I don’t get the fascination of playing in colours and playing with a pink ball.

Doesn’t make the cricket a better spectacle nor doesn’t make players play better cricket.

What would I know, I’m closer to my grave than playing a Shield game.

It costs about $30-$40 to have a shirt made up, plus much the same for pants. About $90 for pants and top combo, at a maximum.
Players to pay, or get a sponsor to fix up, and it's about $1,500 cost.

To argue it's cost prohibitive for clubs to deck out their 1st XI in a kit which reflects well on the club and competition as a whole is a fallacy.

It looked so, so bad this season having clubs wear whites vs colours/whites combo.. The NMCA grand final presented really well with both clubs playing in coloured kits.

Doesn’t make the cricket a better spectacle nor doesn’t make players play better cricket.

Look at what local cricketers wore 10-15 years ago, mixed matched of everything and looked horrible. Players, at least in the higher grades, enjoy feeling professional and wearing kit which represents their club well. Ask the majority of local first grade cricketers/footballers, they all love a good looking kit. No one is asking the lower grades to be decked out head to toe in club apparel, it's about portraying a professional and sharp brand for the first XI team which is representing your club.

Agreed. All 1 day cricket Shield sides should be fully coloured and leave it at that. Mixing whites with colours is a crap look for the comp. Committee sitting on the fence again to appease all it seems.

I think it’s also time for the league to take a step up in the way it looks and presents itself. We have already been a laughing stock in previous years for multiple reasons.

although it won’t improve the actual cricket of those playing, but at least from a viewing point it will look 10 times more professional.

I remember being a young fella and I use to drive past and see blokes playing with white balls, coloured clothing and pads and always wanted to be apart of that.

As much as we hate to say it or see it, the world is a completely different place these days and the young ones love all the flashy colours and alternative kits.
It’s just apart of the game and our league evolving, and our club is all for it

Ri
I think it’s also time for the league to take a step up in the way it looks and presents itself. We have already been a laughing stock in previous years for multiple reasons.

although it won’t improve the actual cricket of those playing, but at least from a viewing point it will look 10 times more professional.

I remember being a young fella and I use to drive past and see blokes playing with white balls, coloured clothing and pads and always wanted to be apart of that.

As much as we hate to say it or see it, the world is a completely different place these days and the young ones love all the flashy colours and alternative kits.
It’s just apart of the game and our league evolving, and our club is all for it
Ripper point this. I think we’ve (dvca) spent too much time on this topic, should’ve been done last year, but hopefully now common sense prevails and it is adopted by all.

Mitch Macaulay
Him and Gardiner have about 10 each. Going off MyCricket anyway. Rowe has 4, fair discrepancy

However Singh would be a massive loss if true, struggle to see Bundoora lasting long in Barclay if he goes. Where do Rosebank get this money????

Back