DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well over the last 8 years and 6 Barclay Shield flags I can say we have only ever paid 1 player the captain / coach, and everyone else has been incientive based. If players performed they were looked after, 50's & 100's for the bats and 4 wickets and more for the bowlers.

Like iv said before paying blokes lump sums does nothing for local cricket clubs, we have built a culture at our club where blokes want to play for the lure of success and improving as cricketers. In that 8 years we have had 1 bloke come and go after he has won a flag. Probably another 10 others have come in that time from other clubs and won premierships and never left.

Absolute rubbish, I know for a fact about 5 different guys over the last 3 to 4 years at Plenty having base payments, and house renovations are a handy addition to a package as well. Don't be naive and think that even your players don't talk, as much as they are told not to, when they've had a 6 pots down at the Lower on a Sunday they chat just the same as the rest of us.

Absolute rubbish, I know for a fact about 5 different guys over the last 3 to 4 years at Plenty having base payments, and house renovations are a handy addition to a package as well. Don't be naive and think that even your players don't talk, as much as they are told not to, when they've had a 6 pots down at the Lower on a Sunday they chat just the same as the rest of us.
Funny that, when I was secretary (last 3 years) I think I have had a pretty good idea about what goes in and out of the place. I know it's hard for people to comprehend but $$$$$ does not = success.

People it ain't brain surgery get quality people to your clubs an not money hungry pigs.

Funny that, when I was secretary (last 3 years) I think I have had a pretty good idea about what goes in and out of the place. I know it's hard for people to comprehend but $$$$$ does not = success.

People it ain't brain surgery get quality people to your clubs an not money hungry pigs.

PA - not disputing your role or knowledge of your club at all, but having been Secretary of BCC for 9 years, and then President for another 4, the Secretary doesnt always get involved in the nitty gritty negotiations between Presidents, Coaches and players.
There may well have been some deals done by your senior executive that you did not know about. Maybe not...??

I can confirm Paves has left us on a big money contract developing Lower Plenty's younger senior players....

PA, surely with Paves departing quite a substantial amount of your available salary cap can now be used on the other players that have previously been shunned by the payroll at the club to keep Graeme happy?

PA - not disputing your role or knowledge of your club at all, but having been Secretary of BCC for 9 years, and then President for another 4, the Secretary doesnt always get involved in the nitty gritty negotiations between Presidents, Coaches and players.
There may well have been some deals done by your senior executive that you did not know about. Maybe not...??
I understand that mate, however myself, Lovie and our treasurer decided when we all started that everything agreed to by previous committees was thrown out the window and we were starting fresh. Although there was not much anyway

I understand that mate, however myself, Lovie and our treasurer decided when we all started that everything agreed to by previous committees was thrown out the window and we were starting fresh. Although there was not much anyway

I have no issue with Plenty at all, they are an outstanding Club that have been the benchmark for all of us for many years, and have done so while also losing many of the better players to District Clubs, making it even more remarkable the success they have had.

The only issue I have is the continual denial that players are receiving decent sums of money at Plenty, I have many mates in and around the traps and know that this not true. For instance a certain player had renovations to his house paid for - fact. I don't know why Clubs are so keen to prove to everyone that they don't need to pay players, we all know that Clubs are paying 10k plus for players/coaches every year, even the poor teams.

I have no issue with Plenty at all, they are an outstanding Club that have been the benchmark for all of us for many years, and have done so while also losing many of the better players to District Clubs, making it even more remarkable the success they have had.

The only issue I have is the continual denial that players are receiving decent sums of money at Plenty, I have many mates in and around the traps and know that this not true. For instance a certain player had renovations to his house paid for - fact. I don't know why Clubs are so keen to prove to everyone that they don't need to pay players, we all know that Clubs are paying 10k plus for players/coaches every year, even the poor teams.
Whatever mate, believe what you want to believe.... At the end of the day go get a copy of our anual report and there is a section which has a total of player payments. The coach gets paid and a grade players were paid incentives.

I can't even think who has had renovations at there house in recent times.... Name names then

Whatever mate, believe what you want to believe.... At the end of the day go get a copy of our anual report and there is a section which has a total of player payments. The coach gets paid and a grade players were paid incentives.

I can't even think who has had renovations at there house in recent times.... Name names then

Hmmmm. House renovations done by club..? lucky we dont have salary cap or you might get done for 3rd party payments, which obviously dont go thru the books :D

I always find it amusing that people take pot shots at clubs about how much money they do or don't pay. The clubs are run by people who are elected by the members of those clubs. It is up to the members of those clubs to decide whether they are satisfied with the decisions made by the elected representatives and definitely not "outsiders". If a clubs board can generate the income (do the hard work) then it us up to that clubs board to decide how they spend it.
Clubs pay players it is a fact of life. Boards decide who gets what and the members decide if the board is doing a good job. The rest of you can piss off.

I always find it amusing that people take pot shots at clubs about how much money they do or don't pay. The clubs are run by people who are elected by the members of those clubs. It is up to the members of those clubs to decide whether they are satisfied with the decisions made by the elected representatives and definitely not "outsiders". If a clubs board can generate the income (do the hard work) then it us up to that clubs board to decide how they spend it.
Clubs pay players it is a fact of life. Boards decide who gets what and the members decide if the board is doing a good job. The rest of you can piss off.

Snake... Please... I dont think we are taking pot shots at anyone here. It was suggested that Plenty paid their players and was denied. Yes we find it hard to beleive that, but if they have got away with not paying substantial money and won 5 or 6 or so flags inthe process then well done to them.
Every club pays players - including ours - some more than others - as you said whatever the club can offord and how badly it needs to get players to the club.

The fun part of this forum is to throw out lines and see how many bites you get... fair to say you swallowed the hook, line, sinker and the fisherman too...
I think you are taking this forum waaay too seriously.:eek:

Cant
so is epping hey?? care to elaborate on these blokes?? bramich is rivergum?? toull plays olympic colts 2's and 3's, the others???

that is laughable[/quot

Like to see you face draper and Toull... Toull is a ones player at any club well payed and well respected....

Is everyone else sick of premeirsagain looking down his nose at everyone???
I mean fair crack of the whip mate. Good on you blokes 6 out of 8, you have the runs on the board, anyone would love that record. But you have an opinion on everything and you think your always right to boot. And you always back it up by saying that youve won 6 flags out of the last 8!! Get your head out of your own arse its not the plenty cricket associatoon

Is everyone else sick of premeirsagain looking down his nose at everyone???
I mean fair crack of the whip mate. Good on you blokes 6 out of 8, you have the runs on the board, anyone would love that record. But you have an opinion on everything and you think your always right to boot. And you always back it up by saying that youve won 6 flags out of the last 8!! Get your head out of your own arse its not the plenty cricket associatoon
Where you from beef head???

Eh really can't be be bothered at the moment with ignoramus'....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back