DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Player movements and rumours

agree with you legcutter it is park cricket and people do have a right to have a crack but in staying with cold case on 3 seperate occasions this season alone we in the lower grades have had uni students who were unable to attend the second week of a game if they are to do a job then they must do the whole game not half as it could be seen unfair to one side your thoughts

LEGCUTTER;373397 said:
I dont know wether your role as a moderator CC gives you license to offer up this diatribe as a means of just stirring the pot to get a reaction, without really having the conviction of your words, anyway i will have a go
I have always found the umpiring in the DVCA to be generally of a very good standard over a long period of time, sure you always have your shockers but they are generally edged out by means of natural attrition and selection via feedback. Your double standards are truly amazing when you say you are not slinging off at the umps when that is exactly what you have done. Believe it or not every level of cricket has these problems, even test umpires have made some terrible mistakes, but that is the unique nature of our great game.Umpires just have to call it as they see it, nothing more nothing less
The new recruits this year have created debate, some good some bad, but they have a basic right to join up and have a crack, it is not test cricket it is park cricket. You made a good point re: payment scales and this may be implemented if the umps and the DVCA want to vote it in. This may be an incentive for umps to strive higher and improve their performance
Perhaps potential umps who read your garbage would immediately be turned off, and contrary to what you say the more the merrier
In another post you said you do not appeal unless you are sure, oh mate pllleeaasseee!! was all that yelling and screaming into umps faces over the years just an abberation, give us all a break
All of the great unwashed out here in park cricket land can not wait fot the day when you don the black pants and grace us with your presence adjudicating a game of cricket, but then i doubt if that would ever happen as then you would not be the centre of attention, or that in fact Davo could find a white hat to go over your considerable ego
ouch that will sting

LEGCUTTER;373397 said:
I dont know wether your role as a moderator CC gives you license to offer up this diatribe as a means of just stirring the pot to get a reaction, without really having the conviction of your words, anyway i will have a go
I have always found the umpiring in the DVCA to be generally of a very good standard over a long period of time, sure you always have your shockers but they are generally edged out by means of natural attrition and selection via feedback. Your double standards are truly amazing when you say you are not slinging off at the umps when that is exactly what you have done. Believe it or not every level of cricket has these problems, even test umpires have made some terrible mistakes, but that is the unique nature of our great game.Umpires just have to call it as they see it, nothing more nothing less
The new recruits this year have created debate, some good some bad, but they have a basic right to join up and have a crack, it is not test cricket it is park cricket. You made a good point re: payment scales and this may be implemented if the umps and the DVCA want to vote it in. This may be an incentive for umps to strive higher and improve their performance
Perhaps potential umps who read your garbage would immediately be turned off, and contrary to what you say the more the merrier
In another post you said you do not appeal unless you are sure, oh mate pllleeaasseee!! was all that yelling and screaming into umps faces over the years just an abberation, give us all a break
All of the great unwashed out here in park cricket land can not wait fot the day when you don the black pants and grace us with your presence adjudicating a game of cricket, but then i doubt if that would ever happen as then you would not be the centre of attention, or that in fact Davo could find a white hat to go over your considerable ego

Mate there is an issue with umpiring standards, and i`ve been saying it for years. I know of one A grade umpire that comes up after every game we play with him officiating and apologizes for his poor decisions (still gets a game every week). The one problem that seems to be getting more prevelant is that rather than give batsmen the benefit of the doubt, umpires seem more likely to operate on the percentages of probability. IE: if they think that a ball was likely to have a 60 percent chance of hitting the stumps, then they will give it out LBW rather than consider the what may have happened with the 40 percent chance of missing. The amount of decisions where players are being given out caught behind off the pad seems to indicate that benefit of the doubt is no longer in use also. In any case to question umpiring standards should not be seen as a personal attack on all those who officiate, I think the standard of Barclay Shield is of a lesser standard these days but that should not be viewed as a personal attack on all those who play it.

As a matter of interest, what training aides are provided to all these new umpires who have come on board? Is there any? or do they just get asked if they`ve watched a game and handed a rule book to read!

LEGCUTTER;373397 said:

Why dont you tell the people what my role as moderator should be. I'll have a go first though. My main role is to keep the DVCA forums reasonably dribble free. You obviously think that I am the driblee from your comments. That is fine as I am a believer in having one's own opinion. The DVCA has many forums ranging from the juniors to the seniors. The junior pages have to be kept in check somewhat, as BigCricket is a PG13 rated forum. The kids do get side tracked sometimes but pretty constructive most of the time. There is also the multiple personality dilemma. Some people like to have dual accounts maybe at the fear of losing their anonymity.
The most important factor for me is to spark some interesting talkback. I always run the risk of backlash and cheap personal attacks from posters like yourself. Yes I have a massive ego. So what? There have been bigger and better men than you before had a dip at me. Everybody on here knows who I am, so I have to face the backlash head on. The bonus of being a moderator is that I get to see who is who. Sometimes I chuckle.
Back to the umpiring saga. Everyone I assume is aware that my father Terry is an umpire. I hear mixed reports about his skills. Mostly via the grapevine of course. In my post I mentioned that an umpire in his 70's may struggle a bit. My old man is 69 and to be honest would think that he would struggle. 1- on his feet all day 2- he has the concentration span of a lampost and 3- wouldn't know the entire LBW rule if it fell on him. Believe me. I've watched a thousand test matches and one dayers with him to know. We argue about it every time a player is hit on the pads. What he does have is people skills. He is a good bloke BUT yes his son of double standards is slinging off at his worth. Thats ok he will give me an elbow to the jaw during the week and all will be forgotten.
Lastly. You may have to wait a while before I officiate in the middle. 20 hours a week moderating on BigCricket, all voluntary of course, 25 hours a week trying to run a club including canteen on friday nights and sundays and yeah I still play. Again free of charge. I am lucky I have a good boss.
A huge ego? Probably. Do I give somethink back to cricket? Definately. What's your week entail LEGCUTTER?

I have to admit, that i have been involved on BC for a fair while and have posted many times in different areas. The DVCA is probably the best area to post in. Why? Cos of the Mods! They clean up the crap, get the young kids to pull their heads in, and allow a little bit of bagging to go on.
Many of the mods will pull you up if there is even the slightest bit of sledging! And if you mention the actual mod, then its Red cards etc. (been there)

Cold Case has copped it a number of times from myself, and has done nothing other than cop it on the (large) chin and give it back. Exactly the way it should be. I have no issues, and would never question him abusing his powers. Go to another board and post, and watch how those mods pull you up for nothing!

As for Keasy, he's a flog of a bloke. Does he have an ego? Yep, but why? Cos he can! He backs it up! The bloke does my head in, purely and simply because he has made me look stupid many times with the bat (i think i played and missed 4 balls in a row, and the closest i got was about 6 inches) and then chasing the leather when he has the stick in his hand. Ill tell you now, if i could bowl like him, i would puff my chest out more than his barrel chest, and tell you all about it!

You can't have a crack at a bloke for bring up a topic, especially on ethat is warrented, and a hot topic at all clubs!

Tongs;373773 said:
I have to admit, that i have been involved on BC for a fair while and have posted many times in different areas. The DVCA is probably the best area to post in. Why? Cos of the Mods! They clean up the crap, get the young kids to pull their heads in, and allow a little bit of bagging to go on.
Many of the mods will pull you up if there is even the slightest bit of sledging! And if you mention the actual mod, then its Red cards etc. (been there)

Cold Case has copped it a number of times from myself, and has done nothing other than cop it on the (large) chin and give it back. Exactly the way it should be. I have no issues, and would never question him abusing his powers. Go to another board and post, and watch how those mods pull you up for nothing!

As for Keasy, he's a flog of a bloke. Does he have an ego? Yep, but why? Cos he can! He backs it up! The bloke does my head in, purely and simply because he has made me look stupid many times with the bat (i think i played and missed 4 balls in a row, and the closest i got was about 6 inches) and then chasing the leather when he has the stick in his hand. Ill tell you now, if i could bowl like him, i would puff my chest out more than his barrel chest, and tell you all about it!

You can't have a crack at a bloke for bring up a topic, especially on ethat is warrented, and a hot topic at all clubs!

I agree. My old man is a bit of a flog.:D Thanks for your honesty. I dont think I smash the leather around too much anymore. Must have been a day out.

cold case;373779 said:
I agree. My old man is a bit of a flog.:D Thanks for your honesty. I dont think I smash the leather around too much anymore. Must have been a day out.

HAHA I only think you're a flog cos of how stupid you have make me look, and the LBW you got against me!! Don't bring your old man into it, i have enough trouble with one of you. I don't need your old man triggering me!

Just another lazy 31 overs on the weekend big fella? You're getting soft in your old age. What happened to the other 9 overs? Did you go off for a dart?

Noticed there are another 2 LBWs. How many of them were not out??

Tongs;373783 said:
Just another lazy 31 overs on the weekend big fella? You're getting soft in your old age. What happened to the other 9 overs? Did you go off for a dart?

Noticed there are another 2 LBWs. How many of them were not out??

Actually it was the other way. I had Whitch out earlier, absolutely dead. But my ex team mate & Premiership player again decided that making a decision might hamper his chances in the ladder jump in some way shape or form. I look at it this way. If I bowl 31 overs = 186 balls of which 120 of them would be aimed at the middle to the top of the stumps. 2 out of 120 is not a good return. I also have bowled approximately 150 at my ex team mates end of which he has yet to put his finger up once. It must be me!
31 overs

Interesting to see the Mernda game on the weekend.

Mernda all out for 173 (Baker 51)
Research 7 for 117 (4 for 49)

No Baker no Mernda point proven!

Tongs;373790 said:
Interesting to see the Mernda game on the weekend.

Mernda all out for 173 (Baker 51)
Research 7 for 117 (4 for 49)

No Baker no Mernda point proven!

I dont know. He had a good year last year but so did Chesto, who was probably there best in the finals. Bails had a game out against us making 60 odd and taking 4 for. Snowy had a fair year as well.
Bowling patnerships are so important. Chesto is the perfect foil for Bakes as he can keep the pressure on. Bails effort was the icing. Hard times ahead for a lot of clubs when the old farts pull up stumps.

cold case;373793 said:
I dont know. He had a good year last year but so did Chesto, who was probably there best in the finals. Bails had a game out against us making 60 odd and taking 4 for. Snowy had a fair year as well.
Bowling patnerships are so important. Chesto is the perfect foil for Bakes as he can keep the pressure on. Bails effort was the icing. Hard times ahead for a lot of clubs when the old farts pull up stumps.

People need to forget about last year, or previous years! It means Jack sh.....
Melbourne Football Club were good a few years ago too! We are talking about this year, and No baker, No Mernda! Simple as that!

Tongs;373797 said:
People need to forget about last year, or previous years! It means Jack sh.....
Melbourne Football Club were good a few years ago too! We are talking about this year, and No baker, No Mernda! Simple as that!

He should sit it out against the Stars to see if what you say is correct.

cold case;373798 said:
He should sit it out against the Stars to see if what you say is correct.

I'm sure he might do a deal and sit out, if the gun player from Lalor sat out.

Whats his name? Worthington? :D

Tongs;373805 said:
I'm sure he might do a deal and sit out, if the gun player from Lalor sat out.

Whats his name? Worthington? :D

Yes the young bloke has a long career ahead of him. He missed on the weekend due to a fractured toe. Still didn't stop him kicking the footy for 2 hours though. He is a good kid and very easy to coach.

cold case;373787 said:
Actually it was the other way. I had Whitch out earlier, absolutely dead. But my ex team mate & Premiership player again decided that making a decision might hamper his chances in the ladder jump in some way shape or form. I look at it this way. If I bowl 31 overs = 186 balls of which 120 of them would be aimed at the middle to the top of the stumps. 2 out of 120 is not a good return. I also have bowled approximately 150 at my ex team mates end of which he has yet to put his finger up once. It must be me!
31 overs

Moorey (aka Voice of the Valley) has been very quiet of late. Not suprised he didnt put his finger up, he wouldnt even throw his old 'B' grade mates a couple dead set certainties a few years back.

100% BULL;373868 said:
Moorey (aka Voice of the Valley) has been very quiet of late. Not suprised he didnt put his finger up, he wouldnt even throw his old 'B' grade mates a couple dead set certainties a few years back.

He does a great job, but stands out like dogs balls when he umpires ex team
mates. Refuses to go out on a limb. It would be hard I suppose at the fear of
being criticised. Dont know? I think his eyes are gone or he is just loathe to umpire ex mates?

Callum Dean from Mernda has been shopping himself around on the back of a good year.

Not sure exactly how many clubs he's spoken to, but he's looking at the highest bidder. No doubt there will be big pressure on Mernda to keep him next year.

Well if Dale goes to Research and Lewis goes to Riverside at least the Grand Final has been decided early!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back