DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Player movements and rumours

The Wizz;403035 said:
Research what, AJ going to Rivergum? Or the club not paying thier bills??:confused:

no research required champ aj will be playing at rivergum, as for the other matter pm me your email and id be more then happy to discuss this so your not so confused!!!
mite find you've been feed a little pork pie or 2.

paul collingwood;403038 said:
no research required champ aj will be playing at rivergum, as for the other matter pm me your email and id be more then happy to discuss this so your not so confused!!!
mite find you've been feed a little pork pie or 2.

I reckon this forum in the off season is only that......:)

100% BULL;402992 said:
Is this confirmation of my June 1st rumor? CC can you shed any light?

I wouldn't have a clue Craig. Wherever Alex ends up, would probably determine where Paul plays. They are good buddies. Paul had quite a good year. A decent new ball bowler on the bouncey wickets. He would possibly be in the top 5 worst batsmen ever though.:D

I am fairly sure AJ can't play the first 3 games due to International Indoor Cricket duties.

100% BULL;402991 said:
Competition would be better off without them, never achieved much, barely treading water, get rid of them and give thier ground to someone else, maybe the frangers.

Could say the same about Bundoora

Wattle Glenn 2010;350733 said:
Can anyone clarify that C grade gun Ryan Mclaughlin from NEW, is he going to Northcote or not. I herd Richard Clifton got him a deal ther to play 1s. The kids a freak at cricket and wil go far.
No chance, northcote do not guarantee games to anyone that isn't already established.

johnniewalker;404503 said:
What about Soly ?

Anyone heard anything about the whereabouts of Gutto??

Rumour is def not playing with the 'merge' and is on the open market....biggest offer will land him.

Will he go to Barclay and try his luck, or stay in the small pond that is Money..

WanderingUnity;404672 said:
Anyone heard anything about the whereabouts of Gutto??

Rumour is def not playing with the 'merge' and is on the open market....biggest offer will land him.

Will he go to Barclay and try his luck, or stay in the small pond that is Money..

Small pond me thinks! I heard St. Francis

turtz31;404710 said:
Small pond me thinks! I heard St. Francis

Would think that a few other clubs would be in front of the Franks....have they got the money to compete...hearing that his hand is well and truly out for some cash, sign on and incentive based.

He would be a good signing for anyone, plenty to offer, seemed like he was pretty much out of favour at College last season. 3rd change bowler and batting 8 is not playing to his strengths.....

WanderingUnity;404788 said:
Would think that a few other clubs would be in front of the Franks....have they got the money to compete...hearing that his hand is well and truly out for some cash, sign on and incentive based.

He would be a good signing for anyone, plenty to offer, seemed like he was pretty much out of favour at College last season. 3rd change bowler and batting 8 is not playing to his strengths.....

Last I heard, had comitted to playing with the new entity. Was happy with terms! No one has informed me otherwise, so will stick with that.

brutal;404793 said:
Last I heard, had comitted to playing with the new entity. Was happy with terms! No one has informed me otherwise, so will stick with that.

With a few of the current Research players heading out, maybe they have made room in their cap for him.

Could be a couple of the young kids off to play with the DJ?

In their cap? They wouldn't want to breach the salary cap and miss out on a number one draft pick.

What kids are leaving Research and where are they going?

they seem to be doing there best to buy other young guys in to replace the ones that are leaving....

brutal;404793 said:
We have tried to get him to Bundoora using the family history as an incentive ( his Grand Father played with us) but we have been informed he is staying at Research.

THE PREZ;405059 said:
We have tried to get him to Bundoora using the family history as an incentive ( his Grand Father played with us) but we have been informed he is staying at Research.

Talking about Bundoora I happened to be going past Yulong yesterday only to notice their new coach looking much lighter than last year. Seeing some of his mates running around it's not contagious:D

fresh face;404853 said:
they seem to be doing there best to buy other young guys in to replace the ones that are leaving....

this is obviously about tom gilmore...research have always had a great kid base over the past ten years..always very strong juniors but not the biggest cash at bank figure these days..very different club from five years ago..tom gilmore was a junior there from ealry under 12 days tho..not going to be enough to cover what theyve lost...suggest theyl be down to money next year and stewie sutcliffe left pulling out what hair he has left :D

Another player to fall under the "big fish/small pond" banner is Conlan Gunn.

May have his reasons for going back to his old club, ala' Matt George going back to TU, but I can't see the sense in a proven Barclay Shield player going back to play Money Shield.

Maybe he's a massive softy (of the sentimental kind :rolleyes:) and just wanted to round out his career back where it all began?

Anyone from the club able to shed some light on this and his reasons for dropping back?

WanderingUnity;404808 said:
With a few of the current Research players heading out, maybe they have made room in their cap for him.

Could be a couple of the young kids off to play with the DJ?

A few? I suggest you stick to your own clubs affairs. Leigh McTaggart is the only player to leave. And on top of the 6k NEW are paying him, along with the 10k for your coach, plus the money you will spend on the Sri Lankan James Devine enquired to us about, not to mention whatever money your paying elsewhere! I would suggest you have your hands full!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back