DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Player movements and rumours

WanderingUnity;404808 said:
With a few of the current Research players heading out, maybe they have made room in their cap for him.

Could be a couple of the young kids off to play with the DJ?

I think you or someone else may have had GT off playing with the DJ too! I think your a bit of a shit stirrer!!

vinnie bolzano;405087 said:
this is obviously about tom gilmore...research have always had a great kid base over the past ten years..always very strong juniors but not the biggest cash at bank figure these days..very different club from five years ago..tom gilmore was a junior there from ealry under 12 days tho..not going to be enough to cover what theyve lost...suggest theyl be down to money next year and stewie sutcliffe left pulling out what hair he has left :D

I might do a Doug the rug. Seriously I have not spoken to Tom Gilmore for a couple of weeks, so have not been informed of any decisions. His parents are keen for him to stay at Research, but when your a 17yo kid and clubs like Eltham,Lwr Eltham, NEW are throwing coin at you, then perhaps it`s easy to be persuaded. For the record, from last years side we as Research have lost 1 player and 1 player only. We will have Maduranga Soysa back with us, and a slight chance of Shannon Malone returning at some point. All going well, I will once again have a full head of hair come seasons end!

brutal;405122 said:
A few? I suggest you stick to your own clubs affairs. Leigh McTaggart is the only player to leave. And on top of the 6k NEW are paying him, along with the 10k for your coach, plus the money you will spend on the Sri Lankan James Devine enquired to us about, not to mention whatever money your paying elsewhere! I would suggest you have your hands full!!

As I have mentioned previously. It is amazing how NEW have got off their hands this year and done some recruiting, which was the oppostite to last season when they went up to Barclay just to make the numbers. If they win a flag this season they have bought it, if they don't they are the massive underachievers that everyone has always known they are.

brutal;405124 said:
I might do a Doug the rug. Seriously I have not spoken to Tom Gilmore for a couple of weeks, so have not been informed of any decisions. His parents are keen for him to stay at Research, but when your a 17yo kid and clubs like Eltham,Lwr Eltham, NEW are throwing coin at you, then perhaps it`s easy to be persuaded. For the record, from last years side we as Research have lost 1 player and 1 player only. We will have Maduranga Soysa back with us, and a slight chance of Shannon Malone returning at some point. All going well, I will once again have a full head of hair come seasons end!

Dipstick, stick up for your Club and player is fine, throwing Clubs names around that are throwing money around shows you are a insecure ****wit.

I can assure you that Tom CONTACTED our Club (and possibly the others you mentioned) We did speak to him and THAT IS IT. No 'COIN' was thrown at him, he basically was looking to come back to DVCA for a year due to studies (year 12) and was not to sure on returning to Research and that is it. Clubs would be negligible not to speak to a kid of any ability, are you saying that Research would have advised him to return to where he was from, of course ****ing not.

Stop slinging mud moron and get your facts right, maybe he is trying to drive his price up with you tools????????

brutal;405122 said:
A few? I suggest you stick to your own clubs affairs. Leigh McTaggart is the only player to leave. And on top of the 6k NEW are paying him, along with the 10k for your coach, plus the money you will spend on the Sri Lankan James Devine enquired to us about, not to mention whatever money your paying elsewhere! I would suggest you have your hands full!!

Calm down Mr. Brutal; I think you may have me mixed up with another one of your cronies. My club is not in the market for a Sri Lankan, well not one that any Devine force enquired about, and we are definetly not in the wealth of some clubs and are not paying our coach anywhere near $10k.....

Was at the footy last week when a young bloke mentioned that a couple of his mates weren't playing at Research this year, but if all have attended training, I will, as you say it, stop stirring.

Tiny bit harsh on Con, he came over basically to play with his mates for a couple of years. We at Lower Eltham always knew he wouldnt be a long term fixture at our club.

captain cuzz;405101 said:
Another player to fall under the "big fish/small pond" banner is Conlan Gunn.

May have his reasons for going back to his old club, ala' Matt George going back to TU, but I can't see the sense in a proven Barclay Shield player going back to play Money Shield.

Maybe he's a massive softy (of the sentimental kind :rolleyes:) and just wanted to round out his career back where it all began?

Anyone from the club able to shed some light on this and his reasons for dropping back?

May have his reasons for going back to his old club, ala' Matt George going back to TU, but I can't see the sense in a proven Barclay Shield player going back to play Money Shield.

Maybe he's a massive softy (of the sentimental kind :rolleyes:) and just wanted to round out his career back where it all began?

Anyone from the club able to shed some light on this and his reasons for dropping back?

Why did he leave in the first place???

brutal;405124 said:

shannon will be alarge boost..but in rleation to ur comments ie tom gilmore...North eltham turned him away as soon as he said he was being offered money..the kid is chasing it himself and we as a club expressed our strong beliefs that as a young cricketer we were happy to have him but not for an amount of money..we dont believe paying a kid is going about it the right way but would still have him

vinnie bolzano;405159 said:
shannon will be alarge boost..but in rleation to ur comments ie tom gilmore...North eltham turned him away as soon as he said he was being offered money..the kid is chasing it himself and we as a club expressed our strong beliefs that as a young cricketer we were happy to have him but not for an amount of money..we dont believe paying a kid is going about it the right way but would still have him

So now that's two Clubs that you named where 'chasing' this kid have provided you with facts. Might be time Brutless get some facts from the kid.

CowCorner;405173 said:
So now that's two Clubs that you named where 'chasing' this kid have provided you with facts. Might be time Brutless get some facts from the kid.

Mr. Brut....anything to say, two clubs have come out now and stated facts for you.

Maybe it is time to ask a few of your own some questions about staying / leaving and where these 'rumours' of cash throwing are coming from,....seems to me they are coming straight from the horses mouth!!!

vinnie bolzano;405159 said:

You are kidding fella. You guys have been tring to coax juniors from other clubs for years. With the money you blokes are splashing around this year anything less than a flag will be a massive underachievement.

Would love to hear where these figures that i see are getting thrown around come from!

Can someone please enlighten me to the source of them?

Does this mean he is going back to Bundoora United where he played juniors?

I believe a few Diamond Valley Clubs had a fair crack at luring Adam Dale back to the DVCA, one club in particular was very close I hear.
Can anyone confirm the rumour?

Also Old Paradian's Bundoora have now changed their name to "Plenty Valley" I believe. Hopefully a name change may stop them from trying to pinch everyones junior players, somehow I doubt it.

Centre to Leg;405229 said:
I believe a few Diamond Valley Clubs had a fair crack at luring Adam Dale back to the DVCA, one club in particular was very close I hear.
Can anyone confirm the rumour?

Also Old Paradian's Bundoora have now changed their name to "Plenty Valley" I believe. Hopefully a name change may stop them from trying to pinch everyones junior players, somehow I doubt it.

They might attract a few disgruntled soccer enthusiasts that frequent the shopping plaza.

cold case;405232 said:
They might attract a few disgruntled soccer enthusiasts that frequent the shopping plaza.

Ha ha ha...I like it. I believe they are trying to set themselves up to enter Premier Cricket. Lots of rumours at premier level that a District / Premier Club will base itself in the heart of the Northern suburbs.

riversider;405158 said:
Why did he leave in the first place???

Believe he went to play with mates - didn't work out and returned to Lower who have lost Arberger if the rumours are true. Doveton paying $10k+

fresh face;405207 said:
Would love to hear where these figures that i see are getting thrown around come from!

Can someone please enlighten me to the source of them?

exactly right..im a wanderer and the prices are no where near what has been stated by these people who have no idea..real figures dont even reach half of what is claimed by these peassants

Centre to Leg;405233 said:
Ha ha ha...I like it. I believe they are trying to set themselves up to enter Premier Cricket. Lots of rumours at premier level that a District / Premier Club will base itself in the heart of the Northern suburbs.

Last i heard it could possibly be North Melbourne CC, will rename themselves Plenty Valley Kangaroos. unconfirmed at this stage/

Centre to Leg;405233 said:

Last i heard it could possibly be North Melbourne CC, will rename themselves Plenty Valley Kangaroos if they move, unconfirmed at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back