DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Tongs;409533 said:
I think if the kid is going to play 1s all year it may be worth doing so. You keep a young kid who could play for years and you are paying an A grade cricketer. If he is on coin and plays 1s/2s, then its a disgrace.

I also heard a filthy rumour. Camera are forking out $65,000 in player match payments this year. Rumoured to have 3 boat hoppers on the way!

I know for a fact that 1 maybe all of them have been knocked back by Sri Lankan immigration and will not be out here at all

stillahack;409581 said:
I know for a fact that 1 maybe all of them have been knocked back by Sri Lankan immigration and will not be out here at all

What a load of rubbish.

Snake;409841 said:
What a load of rubbish.
The player we have had previosuly and were trying to get again this year has also been held up by Sri Lankan immigration.(not Aust immigration)
S/L Immigration playing hard ball i think.

The player we have had previosuly and were trying to get again this year has also been held up by Sri Lankan immigration.(not Aust immigration)
S/L Immigration playing hard ball i think.

Our guy got here, no probs!

must say congratuations to Mill Park for the way they are handling their Under 17's. DVCA would not go with it so they entered a side in Jika and have picked up a number of very good young players who may well stay and play seniors with them in the future (no doubt the hope of MP). One boy from Lower Plenty hit his 50* pretty quick and bowled pretty fast and an Eltham lad took 4/3 and had the ball going both ways with his left armers. Am sure there are others from the DVCA. No fees, shirt and cap. A loss of (no doubt needed) revenue but it may pay back big time. They murdered their opponents (230 plus in 30 against 23).

Surely LP and Eltham can ill afford to lose quality juniors. Lower seem to have been willing to promote their juniors over the last few years whilst Eltham at least played one this week for a change. Better than the same guys who have failed year in and year out.

Again, full marks to MP.

must say congratuations to Mill Park for the way they are handling their Under 17's. DVCA would not go with it so they entered a side in Jika and have picked up a number of very good young players who may well stay and play seniors with them in the future (no doubt the hope of MP). One boy from Lower Plenty hit his 50* pretty quick and bowled pretty fast and an Eltham lad took 4/3 and had the ball going both ways with his left armers. Am sure there are others from the DVCA. No fees, shirt and cap. A loss of (no doubt needed) revenue but it may pay back big time. They murdered their opponents (230 plus in 30 against 23).

Surely LP and Eltham can ill afford to lose quality juniors. Lower seem to have been willing to promote their juniors over the last few years whilst Eltham at least played one this week for a change. Better than the same guys who have failed year in and year out.

Again, full marks to MP.

Agreed well done MP on vision, :) however I have no doubt they will play a few Money Shield games then drop them all to win a pissy G Grade GF, well done on that as well, real manly and great vision. :confused:

Again, full marks to MP.
Unfortunately for MillPark the top 3 who made 50s are playing seniors with sub district clubs. There are a lot of DVCA juniors playing 17s in NMCA and HDCA as DVCA does not cater for these kids. DVCA,s loss.

am not from Mill Park was just at the game. I am aware that Mill Park last year acted badly by dropping A grade players to win E grade and did themselves and their club no service by carrying on the way they did during the game. Was told by one of the umpires they were a disgrace. DVCA did nothing.

why DVCA still allows this amazes me as it can not happen in NFL senior or junior football (once you play x number of games in a higher division you can not play finals in a lower one). Too hard is a poor excuse.

Against that they have this season done the right thing by the 17's. It is sad that the DVCA did not see the 17's are worthwhile (I hear that Lower Plenty is now having a 17's in Jika and are trying to get their boy back from MP). Eltham North have heaps of juniors. Lower Eltham have none and have been told that it is because parents did/do not like the drinking culture there. Where will they be in a few years.

We have to keep these juniors in the sport and at DVCA. How have club's kept players from their juniors? Plenty are the strongest club. Have they come thru or so they haver cash to go out and buy players.

LP seem to have a great junior program and hopefully it will pay off for them. yes the Under 17's boy at MP from LP is playing at Preston but if he does not make that grade will he go back to LP or decide to play for MP?

Eltham seem to have play the same blokes who have failed in the past and then wonder why their juniors do not come thru. These boys no doubt want to feel wanted and being over looked for guys who's career averages (in all games not just A) are poor may see these guys move away or worse give the game away.

Unless that changes, they will be in Money for some time and sadly some 'A graders' there may be happy with that (get their averages into reasonable figures)

This season sees a loss of players in the DVCA. Why? When was the last time their was anything showing kids playing cricket in the DV in the papers. No promotion, no kids.

Eltham seem to have play the same blokes who have failed in the past and then wonder why their juniors do not come thru. These boys no doubt want to feel wanted and being over looked for guys who's career averages (in all games not just A) are poor may see these guys move away or worse give the game away.

Firstly, Whilst I understand what you are saying, there are 25 clubs in the comp and you single out Eltham???

Secondly, I think you need to get your facts right. Are you aware that in the last 3 seasons, Eltham have had 12 guys make their debut in A grade?

Thirdly, our 2nds (full of juniours) have been struggling for a few years now, so if they aren't making runs and taking wickets, its hard to promote a guy.

Fourthly, Our u16 teams have also not set the world alight. BUT the players that are showing talent have and are playing A Grade.

If you're going to slag another club, I think it is only fair that you tell people what club you are from, and most importantly get your facts right!

am not from Mill Park was just at the game. I am aware that Mill Park last year acted badly by dropping A grade players to win E grade and did themselves and their club no service by carrying on the way they did during the game. Was told by one of the umpires they were a disgrace. DVCA did nothing.

why DVCA still allows this amazes me as it can not happen in NFL senior or junior football (once you play x number of games in a higher division you can not play finals in a lower one). Too hard is a poor excuse.

Against that they have this season done the right thing by the 17's. It is sad that the DVCA did not see the 17's are worthwhile (I hear that Lower Plenty is now having a 17's in Jika and are trying to get their boy back from MP). Eltham North have heaps of juniors. Lower Eltham have none and have been told that it is because parents did/do not like the drinking culture there. Where will they be in a few years.

We have to keep these juniors in the sport and at DVCA. How have club's kept players from their juniors? Plenty are the strongest club. Have they come thru or so they haver cash to go out and buy players.

LP seem to have a great junior program and hopefully it will pay off for them. yes the Under 17's boy at MP from LP is playing at Preston but if he does not make that grade will he go back to LP or decide to play for MP?

Unless that changes, they will be in Money for some time and sadly some 'A graders' there may be happy with that (get their averages into reasonable figures)

This season sees a loss of players in the DVCA. Why? When was the last time their was anything showing kids playing cricket in the DV in the papers. No promotion, no kids.

Your reference to MP dropping A Grade players to win a E Grade premiership is way off the mark, there was one regular Money Shield player that was dropped to E Grade at his own discretion, with an average of 16 he’s hardly setting the world on fire. Yourself and CC make it sound like the whole side was loaded with Money Shield players which wasn’t the case at all, 6 X U16 players represented MP in that GF, all of which are still at the club playing either U16s or U17s. As for the umpire saying the players “carried on during the game”, the game was played in very good spirits from all reports and the only disgrace was said umpires presentation speech after the game. Maybe you should get your facts right before putting second hand information on this forum!!

Amazing you give Mill Park a rapt get canned, bag what they did last season, canned and although I mentioned Eltham (did not single them out) another cracks it lol. Little boys club here is it.

My main point was really that a good number of DVCA juniors have decided to play 17's in Jika. DVCA's loss and that is a shame.

Mill Park -"the game was played in very good spirits from all report" 2nd hand it seems (what I was accused of). Did the umpire make it up? Come on, way more than 1player played A then dropped down for the last few games. A grade games -Groom 6, Andrews 8, Soligo 8, McMaster 1, Robinson 2 FACT. Know a Mill Park player who said they did it to get into D grade. Even 3 regular's dropping to E grade should ensure a win against Eltham's side that had none. Is that in the spirit of the game? Again I was defending my comment of well done to Mill Park with their 17's.

Eltham - 3 of the 6 batman's A Grade averages over the last 4 seasons are 11 or less. FACT. Surely not good. Nothing against those guys who have put their hand up whilst some want to make more runs in D or E.

In the past few years haven't Eltham had a stronger C grade side than their B's. Told by an Eltham player last year "it has always been that way".

One 16's player from the past few years was in the A side last week (his 1st game). So are you saying they failed, did not make enough runs, moved to another club or have given the game away?

Anyway, have nothing against Eltham and really hope they can survive this season, those 3 bats prove me wrong and their junior program really gets to match that of NE and LP. With your ex-pres running it things are looking up. Really it's Lower Eltham with the problem of no juniors. Where are they heading?

Wi
Amazing you give Mill Park a rapt get canned, bag what they did last season, canned and although I mentioned Eltham (did not single them out) another cracks it lol. Little boys club here is it.

My main point was really that a good number of DVCA juniors have decided to play 17's in Jika. DVCA's loss and that is a shame.

Mill Park -"the game was played in very good spirits from all report" 2nd hand it seems (what I was accused of). Did the umpire make it up? Come on, way more than 1player played A then dropped down for the last few games. A grade games -Groom 6, Andrews 8, Soligo 8, McMaster 1, Robinson 2 FACT. Know a Mill Park player who said they did it to get into D grade. Even 3 regular's dropping to E grade should ensure a win against Eltham's side that had none. Is that in the spirit of the game? Again I was defending my comment of well done to Mill Park with their 17's.

Eltham - 3 of the 6 batman's A Grade averages over the last 4 seasons are 11 or less. FACT. Surely not good. Nothing against those guys who have put their hand up whilst some want to make more runs in D or E.

In the past few years haven't Eltham had a stronger C grade side than their B's. Told by an Eltham player last year "it has always been that way".

One 16's player from the past few years was in the A side last week (his 1st game). So are you saying they failed, did not make enough runs, moved to another club or have given the game away?

Anyway, have nothing against Eltham and really hope they can survive this season, those 3 bats prove me wrong and their junior program really gets to match that of NE and LP. With your ex-pres running it things are looking up. Really it's Lower Eltham with the problem of no juniors. Where are they heading?
You seem to be spending so much time worrying about everyone else's club?? Maybe you should put in a bit more at your club? Which again you failed to tell us where you were from?

You can't put gun players who all average 50 in A grade if you simple do not have them. Again, get your facts right before you talk about other clubs!

Spot on Tongs, obviously Bestie is from a Money Shield club playing inferior cricket to the Clubs he is bagging.

Lower Eltham as per the website have 5 junior teams but no 16's which I would think means that there are a few slim years ahead but assuming they build from the base (ie. U12's) should be OK. As for the drinking culture down there I've had a beer with the Lower Eltham blokes every game I've played against them and they are great blokes (not really on the field though!!)

So Bestie - which Clubare you from champ???

Bestie FYI I am actively involved in the Lower Eltham junior setup so I have some 'first hand' information to share with you..

- Firstly, LECC had four junior sides plus Milo last season. All under 12s though.
- One of our u12 sides last season won the premiership
- This season we have held at four junior sides plus Milo but the flag winning side have gone through to u14s now
- LECC has been proactive in seeking feedback from parents about the club and the junior program and not one parent has suggested anything about any sort of so called 'drinking culture'
- As your claims (I know, I know..you only hear these things 'second hand') are actually baseless and devoid of any sort of credibility I would kindly request that you refrain from making these kinds of unfounded allegations about our club on a public forum in future. PM me if you wish to disuss..I'm more than happy to help with any further queries

Best of luck to you and your club in 2010/2011

Think you might find that the new grading system may have somethinmg to do with this type of behaviour. In future a club like mill park may find their MS team playing B grade if they drop players down to get lower teams into the finals.

Wi
You seem to be spending so much time worrying about everyone else's club?? Maybe you should put in a bit more at your club? Which again you failed to tell us where you were from?

You can't put gun players who all average 50 in A grade if you simple do not have them. Again, get your facts right before you talk about other clubs!

you lose Minney and your club will be in a rabble! :D

Heard it before Tongs? People talk about Skips like he is a set of car keys... Hard to LOSE a 35 year old.

Every year I have heard:
"Eltham will get relegated"
"Eltham are rubbish"
"Only Skips makes runs"
"Skips is changing clubs"
"If Skips goes we have nothing".

All from two bit flogs who are all too precious to discuss matters concerning their own clubs, purely because they are too gutless to either tell us what club they are from, or because they are from a second rate MS team. FACTS are, skips has never left, never will, and in the 18 years i have played at Eltham we have never been relegated. So maybe time for some new material!

Skips is to Eltham, what Keasy is to the Stars. Baker is to Mernda, the Hursts are to Epping, Turner is to Research. And whats the common thread? They are all guns, who their teams rely heavily on. But to say lose them and the retrospective clubs will be "a rabble" is nothing short of disrespectful and down right rude.

Every year I have heard:
"Eltham will get relegated"
"Eltham are rubbish"
"Only Skips makes runs"
"Skips is changing clubs"
"If Skips goes we have nothing".

All from two bit flogs who are all too precious to discuss matters concerning their own clubs, purely because they are too gutless to either tell us what club they are from, or because they are from a second rate MS team. FACTS are, skips has never left, never will, and in the 18 years i have played at Eltham we have never been relegated. So maybe time for some new material!

Skips is to Eltham, what Keasy is to the Stars. Baker is to Mernda, the Hursts are to Epping, Turner is to Research. And whats the common thread? They are all guns, who their teams rely heavily on. But to say lose them and the retrospective clubs will be "a rabble" is nothing short of disrespectful and down right rude.

Whats the common thread? none of those clubs one the barclay grand final, so clearly it is not helping those clubs, name your young kids that will come through and fill 1's spots? or guys playing representative cricket? Cause i can tell you mernda, research and epping have some great young kids, and you guys dont! Your time will come when Skips retires and you will be playing at Cracknell, Redleap and the Lakes.

Mate ill tell ya now, i dont play in the DVCA anymore, have played there for 9 years (3 years as senior) and now i have moved off to play Sub District Cricket, so mate ill be happy to talk about my own club but i dont think this is the right thread, would you agree?

Now hit the nets mate, makes some runs and take wickets to keep your club out of Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back