DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the common thread? none of those clubs one the barclay grand final, so clearly it is not helping those clubs, name your young kids that will come through and fill 1's spots? or guys playing representative cricket? Cause i can tell you mernda, research and epping have some great young kids, and you guys dont! Your time will come when Skips retires and you will be playing at Cracknell, Redleap and the Lakes.

Mate ill tell ya now, i dont play in the DVCA anymore, have played there for 9 years (3 years as senior) and now i have moved off to play Sub District Cricket, so mate ill be happy to talk about my own club but i dont think this is the right thread, would you agree?

Now hit the nets mate, makes some runs and take wickets to keep your club out of Money

As someone has already pointed out merna won the season before last. So many people line up to have a crack at Eltham about being a one man team.. I assume its out of frustration that that one man is just that good that he has managed to keep them up in Barclay by winning many games off his own bat. Every club would love him but they don't.. i don't think it's tongs fault or the ECC fault if the kids comming through aren't really up to scratch, im sure they're doing there best to get as many kids down the club as possible but it's not easy.. demographics shift over time and within 5-10 minute drive of ECC is NEWCC, LECC, RCC, MCC, and LPCC all pulling from the same talent pool. Give it 15-20 years and i'd imagine clubs in growth corridors like South Morang, Mernda, Epping, Yarrambat will have it all over the old firm.

The other point is like Tongs pointed out most clubs are in a similar mould. They'll pay a captain/coach whose played higher level cricket plus maybe one more then fill the side with guys that are bit part players at best... there aren't many/any sides with 11 guns (plenty at times excepted). In truth, with Camrea comming up Eltham will probably struggle to stay up despite Minney's efforts and whose to say its a bad thing... If Eltham are good enough and deserve to play barclay they'll win their way back up. I'm sure eltham will be hoping to have Mash back before Minney retires there's no reason why Minney should slow down with the bat anytime soon... especially at this level.

Whats the common thread? none of those clubs one the barclay grand final, so clearly it is not helping those clubs, name your young kids that will come through and fill 1's spots? or guys playing representative cricket? Cause i can tell you mernda, research and epping have some great young kids, and you guys dont! Your time will come when Skips retires and you will be playing at Cracknell, Redleap and the Lakes.

Mate ill tell ya now, i dont play in the DVCA anymore, have played there for 9 years (3 years as senior) and now i have moved off to play Sub District Cricket, so mate ill be happy to talk about my own club but i dont think this is the right thread, would you agree?

Now hit the nets mate, makes some runs and take wickets to keep your club out of Money

You have no credibility on this board, or in any DVCA thread!
09/10 Plenty Barclay Shield Winners
08/09 MERNDA Barclay Shield Winners (beat Lalor stars)
07/08 EPPING Barclay Shield Winners

Get your facts right or moronic toss bag!

So you want me to name the young kids that are half reasonable at cricket, so you peasant try hard district clubs can go down and try to poach these kids by telling them how good sub district cricket is. When reality is, you're just a pack of hacks who think you're playing at the "elite" leave, when really you're just a glorified local comp? I couldn't give a rats fat teste if you played 6 years of juniors. You played 3 of seniors, probably whilst you will still juniors. So pipe down, and go back to your better than state level, called sub standard. I mean sub district.

So you want me to name the young kids that are half reasonable at cricket, so you peasant try hard district clubs can go down and try to poach these kids by telling them how good sub district cricket is. When reality is, you're just a pack of hacks who think you're playing at the "elite" leave, when really you're just a glorified local comp? I couldn't give a rats fat teste if you played 6 years of juniors. You played 3 of seniors, probably whilst you will still juniors. So pipe down, and go back to your better than state level, called sub standard. I mean sub district.

Do you do anything besides bigcricket and cricket?

Do you do anything besides bigcricket and cricket?

I like also like poetry, knitting, long walks along the beach, baths and cuddling.

If you have a look at my posts, it is usually me defending my club. Sorry that i am passionate about my club, and will defend them till the cows come home. It would be a pretty boring website if the whole site was full of Eltham bashing without someone defending us.

I like also like poetry, knitting, long walks along the beach, baths and cuddling.

If you have a look at my posts, it is usually me defending my club. Sorry that i am passionate about my club, and will defend them till the cows come home. It would be a pretty boring website if the whole site was full of Eltham bashing without someone defending us.

Fair call. The site definately has lost excitement since its peak around 2009. Not enough controversy anymore

Keep Wandering: mate wasting ur time. Tell Tongs some facts and he comes back with insults and "get your facts right" when anyone can check the averages and see. First game and 3, who's career averages (in not only Barclay but B grade as well) are pretty poor failed again and then there were 2 .. well......

Keep Wondering I am sure was not talking about Minney leaving, just I think how long will he keep playing before he can get some support besides Davidson. Young Chrimes I see top scored. My point is that why keep playing guys who fail year after year. Look at the averages. Surely there are young players at Eltham who could do better (hard to do worse) if given a game.

What does Minney think? Am sure he would be rapt to see another youngster come in than see the same ones back time after time. Yeah is too early to drop heaps and look towards 2011, but sadly 2 rounds in. Minney can look at Davidson and Chrimes and smile. Maybe another new youngest may just make that inner smile much bigger and see Eltham stay in Barclay. Would be sad for DVCA if Eltham went down considering their long history in Barclay.

Maybe Tongs may even say that he agrees that new blood may do his club good. Forgets 50's as Tongs quotes. Double figures who be ok. Maybe he will agree... ahhh maybe not

Mernda have played in the last 2 Barclay Shield Grand Finals. They also won one of them, the one they lost, they were as close to winning as you can get. You're either a tad naive, or completely clueless.

Here are the main points from you two peanuts. You say that i insult you and tell you to get your facts right, well i have every right to with comments like these:

BESTIE:

Eltham seem to have play the same blokes who have failed in the past: Eltham played 2 players with 2 games experience each, another with about 8 games, another with 15 games, So therefore thats blooding at least 4 guys. You can't have a team of kids.

Keep Wondering I am sure was not talking about Minney leaving, : I quote Keep Wandering "you lose Minney and your club will be in a rabble!"

Anyway, have nothing against Eltham : Really??

KEEP WANDERING

Whats the common thread? none of those clubs one the barclay grand final, : WRONG AND PROVEN

Mernda i disagree as a one man team cause of baker, chesto etc etc. : Who is etc etc?? And take Baker out, and Mernda don't go close to finals. Last year Mernda took 148 wickets. Baker and Chesto took 90 of them!

So seeing as you two seem to know oh so much about, DVCA, Barclay Shield, ECC and just life in general, I want either of you to either go through the ECC scorecards and tell me who YOU would pick in A grade this week. Based on your such wisdom. If you can't or won't do it. How about you move on to another club, because its getting boring, and you have not given anything of worth to the discussion.

So seeing as you two seem to know oh so much about, DVCA, Barclay Shield, ECC and just life in general, I want either of you to either go through the ECC scorecards and tell me who YOU would pick in A grade this week. Based on your such wisdom. If you can't or won't do it. How about you move on to another club, because its getting boring, and you have not given anything of worth to the discussion.[/quote]

In:
Pearsell this year ave 39 in B
Luckman this year 16.00 in B

Out:
Quinlan (all A grade aver)2004 ave 10.83 05 12.33 06 3.00 07 14.00 (which included a great 74) 08 5.00 09 X
10 7.67 11 8.50
O'Loughlin 2008 3.50 09 10.40 10 6.00 11 0.50

Have a look also at Partnerships as well. both outs not great at them.

Luckman is young and worth a punt

Others to be considered in the future as young but have not been given the chances some others who have failed each time are
S.Oakley, Vanden Drisden, Sheehan (bowls well for MP 17's), M.Chrimes and Lamont (if you can get him back in Seniors)

" you can't have a team of kids" true. but is it worth overlooking the kids for others who keep failing, can't bowl etc. Is it about mates or ego's?? Who would be happy making stuff all runs year in and out?

Are you saying if you asked Minney he would keep the same guys? Am sure he would say play a few more kids.

No again, nothing against Eltham. Just you Tong go on and on. "get you facts right" but whenever I have provided facts and questions you seem to skip them.

And believe it or not I hope that if you are in this week you make runs. But if they play the 2 I mentioned, well done Eltham.

In:
Pearsell : Will be in the mix, but has health concerns.
Luckman : Will be in the mix come the two day games.

Out:
Quinlan : Advised the coach I would be happy to start in the 2s or lower, and earn my spot. He picks me, not much i can do about it???

O'Loughlin : Can bat, has had a terrible year last year, and start to this year. But there are little things you don't know. He trains the house down, has extra hits on a Friday night with about 5-10 other blokes with the bowling machine. Just can't take a trick!

S.Oakley, Been tried and failed. 3 innings for 3 ducks i think. But i believe is coming from a non cricket background, and will get better.

Vanden Drisden, As above.

Sheehan Very rarely trains due to circumstances outside his control. Did NO preseason.

M.Chrimes: Will be a good cricketer, but has only played 2 B Grade games. Will be there in the future. Still young. You don't want to burn the kid straight away

Lamont : Plays at a different club numb nuts!

Are you saying if you asked Minney he would keep the same guys?
Am sure he would say play a few more kids. Ask him yourself, I am sure he would back 90% of the selections.

No again, nothing against Eltham. Just you Tong go on and on. "get you facts right" but whenever I have provided facts and questions you seem to skip them.
What facts have you provided other than who should be out? Other than this message?

In:
Pearsell : Will be in the mix, but has health concerns.
Luckman : Will be in the mix come the two day games.

Out:
Quinlan : Advised the coach I would be happy to start in the 2s or lower, and earn my spot. He picks me, not much i can do about it???

O'Loughlin : Can bat, has had a terrible year last year, and start to this year. But there are little things you don't know. He trains the house down, has extra hits on a Friday night with about 5-10 other blokes with the bowling machine. Just can't take a trick!

S.Oakley, Been tried and failed. 3 innings for 3 ducks i think. But i believe is coming from a non cricket background, and will get better.

Vanden Drisden, As above.

Sheehan Very rarely trains due to circumstances outside his control. Did NO preseason.

M.Chrimes: Will be a good cricketer, but has only played 2 B Grade games. Will be there in the future. Still young. You don't want to burn the kid straight away

Lamont : Plays at a different club numb nuts!

Are you saying if you asked Minney he would keep the same guys?
Am sure he would say play a few more kids. Ask him yourself, I am sure he would back 90% of the selections.

What facts have you provided other than who should be out? Other than this message?

Hey Tongs, any idea what the reason for M Reeves' defection to lower eltham?

Hey Tongs, any idea what the reason for M Reeves' defection to lower eltham?

Look, I'm not in a position to make comment as I was not there for the second half of last year due to being overseas. But I know that Reevesy was upset that he was dropped from A grade earlier in the year.

I have had many personal conversations with Reevesy, who i am good mates with, and it would be unfair to air them on a public forum! I guess we all have our own reasons as to why we make decisions, but I know that he felt it would give him a better opportunity. Gutted he left, but best of luck to him.

Look, I'm not in a position to make comment as I was not there for the second half of last year due to being overseas. But I know that Reevesy was upset that he was dropped from A grade earlier in the year.

I have had many personal conversations with Reevesy, who i am good mates with, and it would be unfair to air them on a public forum! I guess we all have our own reasons as to why we make decisions, but I know that he felt it would give him a better opportunity. Gutted he left, but best of luck to him.
Yeah, i only make mention of the fact because i saw him bowl last year and he looks like he'll develop into a really good bowler. Which, despite everyone's focus on elthams batting is what i reckon eltham really need.

if you would open your eyes, i said mernda are not a one man team but we will be honest bakes and chesto have hardly anything left in them and who knows how baker will go with a four piece, the deans, delaney, owens-draper, david and andrew chesto is the future of their club (no suprises), i dont know epping much....read what i actually bloody say you moronic toss bag

and mate i know the kids who have left your club and none of them wanted to play there! we offer them opportunities to play on turf, and i do laugh at they way you describe subbies cricket, clearly you are jealous

Bestie: yeah, i said when Minney was finished the club will be in a rabble, not Minney IS leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back