DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are Matt Walsh, Lawrence Martin and Paul Wilson........... no-one gives a sh*t anyway. If they were worth talking about, they'd be known- so if you blokes are on the forum- no one knows and/or cares who you are.

So- Tongs, can we have a summary of movements so far? You seem to be in the know most out of anybody.

None of the Banyule boys should have any ill feeling towards the O'Connor boys at all. Brent gave a brilliant length of service to the club, and is a quality bloke of the highest order. He has put a lot into the club and should be thanked for his service over the years. You can't blame a guy in the twlight of his career wanting to play at the highest level possible. It's what we all want to do. In relation to Shaun, he said to Eltham that he was leaving to play a couple of years with his brother before the end of his career, but said that he will be back at Panther place to finish his career with us and his good mate Skips.

The question I would be asking myself (if I was from Banyule) is did I do enough to secure them both? By the sounds of things, the powers to be thought they were both "locks" and had little or no contact. Any angst from the players and supporters about the situation should be directed at the committee and exec, not the players.

I wish Brent the best of luck and hope he has a great year, and look forward to hearing Shaun's stupid comments again.

I agree, that our batting line up will look great with the inclusion of Soca and possibly Tommy Gilmore.

None of the Banyule boys should have any ill feeling towards the O'Connor boys at all. Brent gave a brilliant length of service to the club, and is a quality bloke of the highest order. He has put a lot into the club and should be thanked for his service over the years. You can't blame a guy in the twlight of his career wanting to play at the highest level possible. It's what we all want to do. In relation to Shaun, he said to Eltham that he was leaving to play a couple of years with his brother before the end of his career, but said that he will be back at Panther place to finish his career with us and his good mate Skips.

The question I would be asking myself (if I was from Banyule) is did I do enough to secure them both? By the sounds of things, the powers to be thought they were both "locks" and had little or no contact. Any angst from the players and supporters about the situation should be directed at the committee and exec, not the players.

I wish Brent the best of luck and hope he has a great year, and look forward to hearing Shaun's stupid comments again.

I agree, that our batting line up will look great with the inclusion of Soca and possibly Tommy Gilmore.

Cant speak on behalf of everyone but as a player its more feeling of disappointment if our exec did not do everything in its power to keep them at the club. Both are terrific people and will be missed. Riverside and Eltham well done on securing quality blokes and players, and to Brent and Soc good luck.

Time to move on for us as it just opens the door for someone else to step up now.

Hanz, Gogerly will be a handy pick up but hope your not resting your laurels on him as a spinner or big recruit. Did Anand go to district?

Cant speak on behalf of everyone but as a player its more feeling of disappointment if our exec did not do everything in its power to keep them at the club. Both are terrific people and will be missed. Riverside and Eltham well done on securing quality blokes and players, and to Brent and Soc good luck.

Time to move on for us as it just opens the door for someone else to step up now.

Hanz, Gogerly will be a handy pick up but hope your not resting your laurels on him as a spinner or big recruit. Did Anand go to district?

Negative, anand went back to rosebank

Definitely happy with him as a spinner, hard to replace lasith but Callum will be a very handy inclusion, and we won't be spruiking him as a big recruit he is just another talented younger bloke to add to the list

Negative, anand went back to rosebank
That's surprising. When I heard he had left I assumed it would be to go to district cricket. Has lots of talent and always impressed against us in 1st grade taking wickets. Not sure why he would move to Rosebank when he would of become the number one spinner with Lasith not returning.
I hope by saying you have 'signed' Gogerly this does not mean he is on money. You wouldn't want to resort to paying players from HDCA 2nd Grade

That's surprising. When I heard he had left I assumed it would be to go to district cricket. Has lots of talent and always impressed against us in 1st grade taking wickets. Not sure why he would move to Rosebank when he would of become the number one spinner with Lasith not returning.
I hope by saying you have 'signed' Gogerly this does not mean he is on money. You wouldn't want to resort to paying players from HDCA 2nd Grade
No body really understands why he left perhaps it was because he knew he would be playing second fiddle to Gogerly. By signed I meant signed the clearance, not a contract should have been more specific.

100% on the money Tongs

Interesting situation. I heard that a Banyule Exec had no idea that he was even thinking of leaving until someone told them that they read my post on BC that he was gone to Riverside. If that is true, that is extremely concerning that they haven't even spoken to all of their senior players to confirm what they are doing. Let alone such a pivotal player.

One of the better blokes you will find around the traps, but you're right nutter is a bit generous.

His best mate is on the exec so they new. Wasn't a matter of money or not liking the club, just wanted to give Barclay shield another go. So with that being the case not much the exec could do. He still is having some input in to the search for a new playing coach for the club so no ill will from either party. Great pick up for Riverside. Any truth to the noise that the brother of his best mate might be following him to Riverside from Greensborough? Now that the pig has gone that seems a reasonable possibility??

So what else will Banyule do? pick up who from were and for how muck??
if young gun Henry leaves(please) and they have no bowlers, they will have 300 made against them evey week.
neeed to spend another 30k to be comprtative in money. sannas will smash everyone.
don't start about their juniors, they are cardboard cutouts!!!

So what else will Banyule do? pick up who from were and for how muck??
if young gun Henry leaves(please) and they have no bowlers, they will have 300 made against them evey week.
neeed to spend another 30k to be comprtative in money. sannas will smash everyone.
don't start about their juniors, they are cardboard cutouts!!!

30K ??? Any side that spends that much on local talent would want no less than a flag otherwise serious fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back