DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoke to Ocka last night, 50/50 on next year, no money wanted! My tip he'll stay at banyule.
Cant speak on behalf of everyone but as a player its more feeling of disappointment if our exec did not do everything in its power to keep them at the club. Both are terrific people and will be missed. Riverside and Eltham well done on securing quality blokes and players, and to Brent and Soc good luck.

Time to move on for us as it just opens the door for someone else to step up now.

Hanz, Gogerly will be a handy pick up but hope your not resting your laurels on him as a spinner or big recruit. Did Anand go to district?

Another blow? Can you fill me in Tongs?

What more do you want? He won't be at research, and is apparently going to be playing at East Doncaster.

You seem to have keen interest in Research? Be patient:).

This has been drawn out longer than the election. Can I take a stab that you will have Julia Gillard throwing down some thunderbolts from one end. She might need a new job soon.

I also spoke with Trav Gloury's brother last night who wet himself laughing at rumours of him playing in DVCA. He said simply "He will not play anywhere this year" but said that he would contact him to see if any rumours are true.

What more do you want? He won't be at research, and is apparently going to be playing at East Doncaster.

This has been drawn out longer than the election. Can I take a stab that you will have Julia Gillard throwing down some thunderbolts from one end. She might need a new job soon.

I also spoke with Trav Gloury's brother last night who wet himself laughing at rumours of him playing in DVCA. He said simply "He will not play anywhere this year" but said that he would contact him to see if any rumours are true.

When you said "Another blow" I thought there might be something else happening. Obviously not.

I thought Bundoora would have announced their new coach by now !

We have, to our members, bu't i'm sure you got that e-mail;)

For those who have any interest, our new coach is former junior player Benn Taplin. Andrew Fairchild (Spider) is once again Assistant Coach and will be "A" grade captain.

Brutal - Any news on Research?? Everyone else is asking so i may as well join the club:p

When you said "Another blow" I thought there might be something else happening. Obviously not.

I think there was talk earlier of Gilmore leaving (think that's his name). Eltahm was one club mentioned as a possible destination. Maybe Tongs has let the cat out of the bag?

I think there was talk earlier of Gilmore leaving (think that's his name). Eltahm was one club mentioned as a possible destination. Maybe Tongs has let the cat out of the bag?

No, I would have thought it was pretty simple. Talk of Gilmore has left (not from me, just my club being mentioned), and now Adam Dale gone. That makes two people gone, and I simply said yet another blow.

We have, to our members, bu't i'm sure you got that e-mail;)

For those who have any interest, our new coach is former junior player Benn Taplin. Andrew Fairchild (Spider) is once again Assistant Coach and will be "A" grade captain.

Brutal - Any news on Research?? Everyone else is asking so i may as well join the club:p

Is that the Ben Taplin from the old Scott Gilchrist and Ash Reid junior days?? or have I mixed them up.....great Under 14 side that you Bundoora, would have won the flag if Danny Harford hadn't made a ton!!

Have heard that Adam Dale is at East Doncastor this year. Another blow for research...
Tongs,Tongs,Tongs! Adam is retired and as he always said, has finished his career at his junior club Research. East Doncaster indeed wanted him to play but he is not playing. Instead he will be coaching at his first Premier club in Northcote. As a club we have not heard of anything in regards to Tom Gilmore. We are still talking to players re; playing and have a meeting re; the coaching role. As I have previously said, I would expect that if any of the above is confirmed, I will let all on big cricket know. Although I suspect Tongs may beat me to it :)

Is that the Ben Taplin from the old Scott Gilchrist and Ash Reid junior days?? or have I mixed them up.....great Under 14 side that you Bundoora, would have won the flag if Danny Harford hadn't made a ton!!

Yep, same bloke. Good to have another "Bundoora" person in the top job. Back to basics and have 50 odd blokes enjoying their cricket.

Harf always got runs but I reckon it was that big left handed bloke Jeff Aristodou (or similar) that always got hold of us. Glad I was a year younger so only got smashed around once every 2 years!!

Yep, same bloke. Good to have another "Bundoora" person in the top job. Back to basics and have 50 odd blokes enjoying their cricket.

Harf always got runs but I reckon it was that big left handed bloke Jeff Aristodou (or similar) that always got hold of us. Glad I was a year younger so only got smashed around once every 2 years!!
Nice to see some old faces back around.
Remember him well, Jeff was a man child, built and hit like a man, especially straight, as a 13 year old. Actually played a bit of cricket with him outside the DVCA.
Was a good rivalry, pity they got that flag as we had a damn good side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back