DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaron found a couple of Anonymous letters in he's pigeon hole this morning.

NEWCC have indeed succeeded in signing an english import. He's name is Chris Russell- the chap played two List A games for Worcestershire 2 years ago. He was coaxed over by a young North Eltham player studying at university over there with Chris.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2012/content/player/369813.html

The second is from Epping, trying to stave of relegation last season have added the batting prowess of Justin Crowe from Hurstbridge, to try and bolster there batting attack. Justin did play in the Grand Final for B grade last season.

Thirdly the young Nathan Chrimes, not many Eltham players know that he has in fact been speaking with Lower Eltham on terms of a one, possibly two year deal. The negotiations have been kept well under wraps. It was a suprise for even Aaron Nonymous to find these out from a reliable source.
Only time will tell whether he will stay on with the club or leave, which could be catastrophic for the club

Out and out shlt post.

I told you about NEW signing an import almost a week ago.

Epping weren't far off finals last year.

And the Nath Chrimes rumour is complete rubbish. But thanks for your attempt to provide us with something of worth.

before you go jumping the gun accusing someone of being someone there not, why not find out the truth behind his appointment but wait you cant, as you have no knowledge. yes give the young bloke ago as the stats and records show all before him he has conquered!!!

Sorry greatone may have got it wrong, but nobody on this site jumps the gun.
Happy Birthday for yesterday as your profile lists! Strange Dylan Cunningham's Birthday is on the same day, was not aware he had a twin! ;)

Socca staying at banyule tongs?

Didn't want to play against eltham and gone back like tongs mentioned.

We don't have a coach as yet. Don't think Heidelberg do either

Occa always was far from leaving and good to see him staying. Like i mentioned he was one of the main people at the club pushing us to go dvca.

Beergarden, with Occa, rowdy and Joffa all playing im guessing you will retract your prediction of us finishing bottom 3 :D

Didn't want to play against eltham and gone back like tongs mentioned.

We don't have a coach as yet. Don't think Heidelberg do either

Occa always was far from leaving and good to see him staying. Like i mentioned he was one of the main people at the club pushing us to go dvca.

Beergarden, with Occa, rowdy and Joffa all playing im guessing you will retract your prediction of us finishing bottom 3 :D
Yes I will! Also heard Glenn butterworth will be coaching. Looks like money shield will be very tough this season.

Sorry greatone may have got it wrong, but nobody on this site jumps the gun.
Happy Birthday for yesterday as your profile lists! Strange Dylan Cunningham's Birthday is on the same day, was not aware he had a twin! ;)
Thats hilarious Dadsy you have blown your cover Ha Ha Ha. But i should have known it was you by your user name, you always have big wraps on yourself. lol

Yes I will! Also heard Glenn butterworth will be coaching. Looks like money shield will be very tough this season.
Not sure if its been confirmed. Your right Money shield could be very tough this season, coming from hdca will be interesting to see the standard and how competitive Rosanna,Heidelberg and us are.

Going to be a cracking money shield this year. Lower Plenty, Greensborough, Montmorency and Eltham will all expect to play finals this year. Throw in Heidelberg and Rosanna and you have 6 very reasonable outfits. There will be some disappointed clubs come finals time! Seems a shame there isn't 3 divisions yet. Seems inevitable.

Going to be a cracking money shield this year. Lower Plenty, Greensborough, Montmorency and Eltham will all expect to play finals this year. Throw in Heidelberg and Rosanna and you have 6 very reasonable outfits. There will be some disappointed clubs come finals time! Seems a shame there isn't 3 divisions yet. Seems inevitable.

Are you discounting the rest?? Are there any of the minnows that might shine this year??
South Morang?
Whittlesea?
Panton Hill?
Thommo United?
Bundoora United?
Lalor?
Never get a mention these clubs.....who will step up this year??

M.I.A SannaB2B. Has he finally realised that his club have been accepted into a division 5 of a Comp and decided to keep his mouth shut.
Hey Tongs how's your club travelling are you guys any chance against these HDCA clubs???
Has your club got a realistic chance of making it to the so called "Big League" any time soon???

M.I.A SannaB2B. Has he finally realised that his club have been accepted into a division 5 of a Comp and decided to keep his mouth shut.
Hey Tongs how's your club travelling are you guys any chance against these HDCA clubs???
Has your club got a realistic chance of making it to the so called "Big League" any time soon???

Please don't tell me that was a serious post? You're as big a pest as Sannab, and those questions are completely ridiculous to which I won't even dignify them with a response.

Are you discounting the rest?? Are there any of the minnows that might shine this year??
South Morang?
Whittlesea?
Panton Hill?
Thommo United?
Bundoora United?
Lalor?

Yep, I'm discounting the rest. Lalor picked a really bad year to go down! I reckon Rosanna, Heidelberg, Lower Plenty and Greensborough will make the finals. Rosanna to win it. Monty/Eltham/Banyule might not have the batting to go with the other 4.

Yep, I'm discounting the rest. Lalor picked a really bad year to go down! I reckon Rosanna, Heidelberg, Lower Plenty and Greensborough will make the finals. Rosanna to win it. Monty/Eltham/Banyule might not have the batting to go with the other 4.
What you think about that Mr Opinionated sorry Mr Tongs??

Worst time to go down for Lalor but wouldn't discount them. Could have 8 strong clubs expecting to play finals fighting for 4 spots.

Any other movements?

where are you from five 80? nmca or dvca?
also you would think heidelbergs batting would struggle with the losses they have had, have they picked up anyone?

South Morang?
Whittlesea?
Panton Hill?
Thommo United?
Bundoora United?
Lalor?
sounds like MS is a deeper version comp than the HDCA. same top teams every year, same bottom teams every year!

If Occa is fit, 20odd overs at rarely more than two an over whilst taking regular wickets will mean Banyule are always dangerous. It is terrific that they have kept him. He's pretty loose with the stick, but scores quickly and if he's seeing them well can go from 20 to 50 in no time at all. As evidenced by him being chased by plenty of clubs, he is as good a suburban cricketer as anyone. Without the pressure of holding the team up, Joffa will do some damage, and Rowdy is an experienced cricketer who will bowl well at any level provided he is fit. As mentioned above, the depth of their batting will be the issue, but they'll definitely bowl some teams out for some low scores.

Of the HDCA clubs, my tip would be for Heidelberg to struggle the most. Losing Lasith, Sticks and Biscontin (if true) whilst not picking up anyone of note will leave them very much back in the pack.

All in all, shaping up to be a competitive and high standard Money Shield. Makes the fact that an NCL wasn't able to get off the ground all the more implausible.

If Occa is fit, 20odd overs at rarely more than two an over whilst taking regular wickets will mean Banyule are always dangerous. It is terrific that they have kept him. He's pretty loose with the stick, but scores quickly and if he's seeing them well can go from 20 to 50 in no time at all. As evidenced by him being chased by plenty of clubs, he is as good a suburban cricketer as anyone. Without the pressure of holding the team up, Joffa will do some damage, and Rowdy is an experienced cricketer who will bowl well at any level provided he is fit. As mentioned above, the depth of their batting will be the issue, but they'll definitely bowl some teams out for some low scores.

Of the HDCA clubs, my tip would be for Heidelberg to struggle the most. Losing Lasith, Sticks and Biscontin (if true) whilst not picking up anyone of note will leave them very much back in the pack.

All in all, shaping up to be a competitive and high standard Money Shield. Makes the fact that an NCL wasn't able to get off the ground all the more implausible.
Biscontin is gone, but Heidelberg were written off last season and managed to almost snare a granny win, never write off Heidelberg

where are you from five 80? nmca or dvca?
also you would think heidelbergs batting would struggle with the losses they have had, have they picked up anyone?

I'm from the DVCA. But I still have respect for the dominant HDCA clubs. The DVCA is taking on clubs that have that winning habit. Good cricket clubs find a way to win, sometimes it's about the lesser known players in a side rather than the 1 or 2 "stars". With a strong Money Shield this year it may just be about the depth in each team rather than one or two individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back