DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you think Matt hewatt will go in money shield. Anyone Seen him bowl?

In 1992 he was useful. More useful than Beergarden's tweekers.

If you know how he bowled in 1992, then chances are you played Dowling Shield at Collingwood with him that year. That means you are either a blondish opening bowler from LP, a chunky batsman from Edinburgh, the president of HB, or more likely, a keeper batsman who used to have long flowing red hair!

If you know how he bowled in 1992, then chances are you played Dowling Shield at Collingwood with him that year. That means you are either a blondish opening bowler from LP, a chunky batsman from Edinburgh, the president of HB, or more likely, a keeper batsman who used to have long flowing red hair!
Can put a line through th HB Pres, never played Dowling......But did spend some time with all these Guys at the then famous Corben Oval.

Wouldn`t suprise me if Butters goes to banyule there is the family tie there and he won`t be impressed with Butera coaching Boro. Had a poor year last year though by his standards,still the best gloveman in local cricket though.
you're kidding yourself best gloveman in local cricket. banyule surely aren't pinning their hopes on him?

starting to reall get corncerned about who the F..... the DVCA think they are! best this, best that, really
gotta start looking internally and say we aren't the best at everything we do. The hdca did some things alot better then the DVCA ( Don't reply that the comp folded, because what i'm saying hasn't got anything to do with that!) I give you one example,
Rossanna would finish in Barclay top 4 easily, if not win it, why do they have to play money? DVCA should of had a grading
year to sort out who is who in the zoo and let me tell you people are watching and they think we are the zoo! why would'nt you have the best teams playing each other? Ego is a real problem down here, surely there are enough smart people in the comp to see this? Instead we lose top adminastrators because certain (lovely) get it? people don't want "good" change.
WE give local crickrt ten years if things don't change, eg 20/20 cricket in mainstream comps ect. I'm sure the secret
meeting club will decide that????

starting to reall get corncerned about who the F..... the DVCA think they are! best this, best that, really
gotta start looking internally and say we aren't the best at everything we do. The hdca did some things alot better then the DVCA ( Don't reply that the comp folded, because what i'm saying hasn't got anything to do with that!) I give you one example,
Rossanna would finish in Barclay top 4 easily, if not win it, why do they have to play money? DVCA should of had a grading
year to sort out who is who in the zoo and let me tell you people are watching and they think we are the zoo! why would'nt you have the best teams playing each other? Ego is a real problem down here, surely there are enough smart people in the comp to see this? Instead we lose top adminastrators because certain (lovely) get it? people don't want "good" change.
WE give local crickrt ten years if things don't change, eg 20/20 cricket in mainstream comps ect. I'm sure the secret

You are on some pretty solid prescription drugs if you seriously think that the HDCA was anything close to the DVCA, and yes the comp. folded because it was a rubbish competition with 2 decent teams.

Rosanna have to play Money because they applied to come across, it is a previledge not a right so earn your stripes, the teams in Barclay have all had sustained success at one point or another - and no Rosanna would not win Barclay and wouldnt make the top 4, and they are no certainty to win Money with Lower Plenty and a couple of others looking pretty strong. It was an extremely even season last year with probably 6 teams a chance of winning it going in to the last round, however the eventual winners Lower Eltham would give Rosanna a good old fashioned spanking, and they arent necessarily the best team going around, just the best at the right time last season.

So what I am saying is that if you dont like what the DVCA has dished up then wander off to the ECA 3rd division and die a respectful death.

You are on some pretty solid prescription drugs if you seriously think that the HDCA was anything close to the DVCA, and yes the comp. folded because it was a rubbish competition with 2 decent teams.

Rosanna have to play Money because they applied to come across, it is a previledge not a right so earn your stripes, the teams in Barclay have all had sustained success at one point or another - and no Rosanna would not win Barclay and wouldnt make the top 4, and they are no certainty to win Money with Lower Plenty and a couple of others looking pretty strong. It was an extremely even season last year with probably 6 teams a chance of winning it going in to the last round, however the eventual winners Lower Eltham would give Rosanna a good old fashioned spanking, and they arent necessarily the best team going around, just the best at the right time last season.

So what I am saying is that if you dont like what the DVCA has dished up then wander off to the ECA 3rd division and die a respectful death.
sannab2b - you seriously need to pull your head in

absoluteglam - going off your post you seem to be sharing the same 'solid prescription drugs'

my point exactly!! how good you all are! Hey pepper i have a right to my own opnion, I say that the top 4 in
the HDCA were well and truly as good as the top 4 in Barclay. what do you think??? common show some balls
and tell the truth, or your opnion.

Whilst Sannab2b certainly writes as if he has a screw loose, he makes some reasonable points. Not just DVCA, but any of the suburban competitions (can probably include VSDCA and VTCA in here as well) will struggle in the next decade unless they ensure that they embrace progress and don't become caught up in the petty politics that occur when the same people are allowed the latitude to make the the same, often wrong, decisions time after time (I'm not necessarily saying this occurs at the DVCA). None of us (well, I hope none of us!) think T20 is much more than a novelty, but there will be a number of poorly administered competitions that markedly increase the amount of T20 cricket played as players lose engagement with their clubs (hence not committing for every saturday for five months), and the competitions they compete in, unless those competitions embrace change and ensure the most positive outcomes are reached from week to week. This will involve good facilities, healthy/even standards of competition, good umpires and good sportsmanship. If DVCA isn't prepared to be inclusive, then all of these facets will suffer immensely as players get older and move on. Populations move in cycles, and DVCA won't be immune to this.

Whilst I don't agree that Rosanna (or Heidelberg, or Rosebank, or Edinburgh) would win Barclay Shield, I've got no doubt that all four of those clubs would have done well in Barclay Shield last season. You just have to look at the playing lists, and the experience within them, to know that. Personally, I would imagine that the best teams in any of the synthetic competitions in Melbourne would all be comparable to one another, and arguing otherwise is a fruitless exercise. In other words, chill out guys...

I'll be playing in the ECA next season, and will tell you all how amazing the standard is there, and how Deepdene would cream Lower Eltham 10 times out of 10! At this early stage, the impression we've been given is that the standard is comparable to HDCA, but more than likely there will be more depth (which is obviously something that DVCA has in spades). It won't be without regrets though, because I reckon the proposed NCL (which was slapdash at best, admittedly) would have produced a great competition for the northern/north eastern suburbs that would have contributed enormously to the different cricketing communities. Personally, having heard some of the stories from ex teammates regarding the old time rivalries in DVCA cricket, I would have loved to have tested myself in the best standard synthetic competition available. Instead of having ridiculous arguments on here, and pretending as if posters are representative of their respective clubs/competitions (I hope not), I reckon fighting your battles might be better if done on the field.

Everyone will be watching the DVCA very closely next season,on and off the field.

You are a peanut. I can only hope the rest of your club has underestimated the DVCA like you have. You'll probably end up in B Grade you hack.

my point exactly!! how good you all are! Hey pepper i have a right to my own opnion, I say that the top 4 in
the HDCA were well and truly as good as the top 4 in Barclay. what do you think??? common show some balls
and tell the truth, or your opnion.
I agree completely with Moneybank in that ''I would imagine that the best teams in any of the synthetic competitions in Melbourne would all be comparable to one another and arguing otherwise is a fruitless exercise'
As for the top 4 in HDCA compared to the top 4 in DVCA - same as above quote from Moneybank
The only difference in terms of standard of these comps & others in regards to on-field would be depth (again as stated from Moneybank)

To save room on the page I won't quote others, but I will chuck my two cents worth in (how unusual)

Sannab2b: If you HDCA boys want to have a jerk circle about how good your deceased comp is, then that is fine. But please don't do it on here. You do raise some good points about being proactive with change, and keeping up with the times, but you go about it 100% completely the wrong way.

HDCA clubs: Whilst we all have no doubt that there are some very strong clubs in DVCA, with a lot of depth, as do HDCA. But you need to underrate Money shield clubs at your own peril. This will not be a walk in the park for any of the new clubs, like it won't be for the current DVCA clubs. I have no doubt that there would be some MS clubs, that would be competitive in BS but they have to get there first. The best comment is from Pepper the Pig. Being is BS is a privledge, not a right, and something that must be earnt. Hence why the new clubs, like every other new club to come to the DVCA must earn their way up. Just my club must do.

ECA: My best mate has played at Deepdene for the past 5 years, won a couple of flags in their 1sts, and whilst he says they are without doubt a power house as a whole, they would be competitive in DVCA but not do it easy. He said most BS clubs would play finals in ECA. As it is not as strong. But I have no doubt (knowing most of their ones) that almost everyone one of Deepdene's firsts would almost walk into most DVCA clubs.

But really, who cares. Its like comparing the WAFL SANFL and the VFL. We all play the game because we love it. We play in the comp that we are in because we love it. So how about we enjoy the season we have coming, rather than see who has the bigger dick?

SURE I PLAY FOR EAST IVANHOE.
All I know is that we have come over united, I wouldn't say that about other clubs.
Really, what did it take to try and keep Ocka? 10K???? and he's still thinking about moving.
Please don't respond with any loyalty crap.

SURE I PLAY FOR EAST IVANHOE.
All I know is that we have come over united, I wouldn't say that about other clubs.
Really, what did it take to try and keep Ocka? 10K???? and he's still thinking about moving.
Please don't respond with any loyalty crap.

If all you know is that you are united, then stop posting on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back