Josh Sandford
Dean Crockett
Thomas Emmins
Matt Van Bael
Ben Russell
Joe Langford
Daniel Preston
Sam James

There is no doubt in my mind that teh TEAL league would win but both sides have good teams.

2 very quality sides there, the TEAL team would just be to classy for the BLUE outfit

Re: DVCA:Under 16'1 banter 2009/10

the under 16 trials are up, will there be the 2 teams like there was last year?
or will it just be the single side?
a few handy names among the list.

ill have a crack at the first team for dvca

1. lewis taylor
2. tom searle
3. ben russell
4. matt van bael
5. josh sandford
6. darcey vallance
7. louis hayden (wk)
8. steve tsonas
9. jai robinson
10. luke dark
11. nick Vlastuin

wanders09/10;373846 said:

1. lewis taylor
2. tom searle
3. ben russell
4. matt van bael
5. josh sandford
6. darcey vallance
7. louis hayden (wk)
8. steve tsonas
9. jai robinson
10. luke dark
11. nick Vlastuin

fairly good team there, lukey dark and jai robbo are freaks mate

1. lewis taylor
2. tom searle
3. ben russell
4. matt van bael
5. josh sandford
6. darcey vallance
7. louis hayden (wk)
8. steve tsonas
9. jai robinson
10. luke dark
11. nick Vlastuin

luke dark ahead of trent groom or nathan andrews?

1. lewis taylor
2. tom searle
3. ben russell
4. matt van bael
5. josh sandford
6. darcey vallance
7. louis hayden (wk)
8. steve tsonas
9. jai robinson
10. luke dark
11. nick Vlastuin

yeah not a bad side there, R.Tinsely from epping would be a close selection as a bowler in this side.

MPS4L, whats with you and justin stealing my tigerland signature ?
i know you boys look up to me and stuff but now its getting out of hand ;)

1. lewis taylor
2. tom searle
3. ben russell
4. matt van bael
5. josh sandford
6. darcey vallance
7. louis hayden (wk)
8. steve tsonas
9. jai robinson
10. luke dark
11. nick Vlastuin

who's jai robinson ? :confused:

tonned up;373859 said:
yeah not a bad side there, R.Tinsely from epping would be a close selection as a bowler in this side.

yeah pretty good side good bowling attack with Luke Dark and Jai Robinson ;);)

Goliath;373292 said:
A few points as well: Leigh Weeks was at Greensborough but is now at Preston subbies 2s and would have counted as a DVCA player however Tom Goulding (along with 3/4 of the gun Macleod 14s from 2008) made the smart move playing HDCA juniors on Friday nights so does that make him a HDCA player LOL. Out of the other HDCA Falcons Harkin is at Ivanhoe subbies, Powick at Preston subbies and the others are all involved at district clubs. Because it is a Dowling type set up if you are not at a district or subbies club forget it. I don't agree that there is that much difference between DVCA and HDCA either because of 2 facts. One is you have 5 Falcons from Heidelbergs gun 17s plus Wayman Zema Anand etc. who beat Monts champion DVCA side. Two is the kids who would have been in Greensboroughs U16s but play in the 17s on Fridays have been doing quite well in the DVCA senior ranks. Despite that I think that there are some unlucky boys out there but if you didn't make it I hope you show the selectors they were wrong and stick it up em.

Ok, enlightening Goliath.

However I feel it still does not detract from the basic theme of my original line of questioning. Considering that we are at the business end of the junior age groups and the DVCA has a far greater pool of junior players than HDCA, why is the HDCA so over represented in the 2009/10 Nth East Falcons U16 side. Also the question is posed based on where the players originated from rather than where they are playing this particular season, and also where they essentially played all their junior cricket. This should bring into focus where the players developed their skills and abilities and the competitive environment they have participated in. Along with of course the player numbers involved.

There may be nothing in this and it is just how it has turned out on this one occasion, but then again, is there something to it? I don't think HDCA numbers have ever exceeded DVCA numbers before, hence my interest!

onemoreover;373970 said:
Ok, enlightening Goliath.

However I feel it still does not detract from the basic theme of my original line of questioning. Considering that we are at the business end of the junior age groups and the DVCA has a far greater pool of junior players than HDCA, why is the HDCA so over represented in the 2009/10 Nth East Falcons U16 side. Also the question is posed based on where the players originated from rather than where they are playing this particular season, and also where they essentially played all their junior cricket. This should bring into focus where the players developed their skills and abilities and the competitive environment they have participated in. Along with of course the player numbers involved.

There may be nothing in this and it is just how it has turned out on this one occasion, but then again, is there something to it? I don't think HDCA numbers have ever exceeded DVCA numbers before, hence my interest!
I think that it is just the way it has turned out on this occasion.Numbers generally should make a difference but maybe not this time. Most of the HDCA picks are gun players and even though they play in a smaller comp you can't change their ability. They would be guns in any comp in any state. Sure you could pick 1 or 2 positions differently in this years team but there are a lot of good players around in the DVCA that are on an even keel with these boys and not everyone fits into 13 places. For instance from the players I have seen I think Harkin and Ryder are similar types but on this occasion Harkin got the nod.

Goliath;374011 said:
I think that it is just the way it has turned out on this occasion.Numbers generally should make a difference but maybe not this time. Most of the HDCA picks are gun players and even though they play in a smaller comp you can't change their ability. They would be guns in any comp in any state. Sure you could pick 1 or 2 positions differently in this years team but there are a lot of good players around in the DVCA that are on an even keel with these boys and not everyone fits into 13 places. For instance from the players I have seen I think Harkin and Ryder are similar types but on this occasion Harkin got the nod.

Couldn't really argue with any of that. Your comparison/example of A Harkin and T Ryder is spot on and as I have alluded to in the past, all juniors whether selected or not should keep this all in perspective. There are other various opportunities that exist to participate at rep level cricket.

NA*MP;373874 said:
MPS4L, whats with you and justin stealing my tigerland signature ?
i know you boys look up to me and stuff but now its getting out of hand ;)

i had the tigerland part, but not the RARWW, lol, i copied it from the one and only ;)

MPS4L;374138 said:
i had the tigerland part, but not the RARWW, lol, i copied it from the one and only ;)
This Mill Park self-love reminds me only too much of the Bundoora/South Morang pests we had on here last year. There will come a time when you realise your ability isn't as prestigious as your ego, and that noone wants to hear your trash.

NEWCC (L);374180 said:
This Mill Park self-love reminds me only too much of the Bundoora/South Morang pests we had on here last year. There will come a time when you realise your ability isn't as prestigious as your ego, and that noone wants to hear your trash.

its our pre-match routine buddy. ;);)

NEWCC (L);374180 said:

Good point, and even with all their self love both sides didn't win the premiership. I wonder why? :confused:

NEWCC (L);374180 said:

Ryan don't you talk about pests when your 1 of the biggest 1s on here.

Whittlesea beat Mill Park by 4 wickets just simply too good on the day, just smashed all our shit bowling. Dylan Cole belting everyone around the field with about 70 and jordy komen was solid with 40 odd i think, after being 4-19 won the game with 4 wickets and 17 overs to spare

The Wizz;374225 said:
Ryan don't you talk about pests when your 1 of the biggest 1s on here.

Aren't you meant to be a moderator mate? You tell everyone else not to jaw off then you go calling other posters pests. Bit hipocritical don't you think? Now im not asking for a yellow card for this im just proving a point.

I think its disapointing how you can boss people around on forum (and yes it is only a forum) and then do the sme thing yourself. Thats poor form imo.

Back