DVCA:Under 16'1 banter 2009/10

Re: DVCA:Under 16'1 banter 2009/10

Search;366896 said:
micheal denier definetly at research with cook and ericson. Research should be flag favourites at this stage and premiers!!!

whos micheal denier? and cook and ericson?
bowlers or batsman?
how good are they?

rlzjrz 19;367419 said:
whos micheal denier? and cook and ericson?
bowlers or batsman?
how good are they?

Denier does both very good bowler, Cook is a Wicket Keeper and can bat. Don't Know about Ericson.

Mill Park, Lower Plenty, Diamond Creek, Research, St. Francis, Riverside and Epping should all contend for the sheild.

My tips for the first round in the TEAL league are IN CAPITALS:

LOWER PLENTY vs. lalor stars

DIAMOND CREEK vs. st.francis of assisi

RESEARCH vs. panton hill

MILL PARK vs. epping

whittlesea vs. RIVERSIDE

Lower Plenty batted first against Lalor Stars and put a great score of 4/233 on the board, Staples 64 and Vallance 55 top scored.

I think they should get over the line comfortably although I have never seen Lalor Stars bat but I believe Smith, Mash and Jenkin should get Lower over the line.

Diamond Creek bowled St.Francis out for only 112 with Harley Smith getting and amazing 5/6. Miller 37 and Dempsey 30 were STFA's best bats. Rheece Lewis got 21 but would be dissapointed that he didn't go on with it.

112 Should be easy for Diamo to chase down but you never know if Teague can rip them open. I think The Phelan brothers, Smith and Freeman should get Diamo home with 10 overs to spare.

Research's 7/239 has them off to a great start to the season. Ericson and Burns both got 50's.

Panton Hill just won't be good enough to make 239 although they have two bats that could get 150 between them in Taylor and Searle. Research by 130 runs is my tip.

Mill Park bowled Epping out for 64 with Costas getting 3/5 and have already wrapped this one up. 5/71 Groom got 36.

Mill Park may get outright.

Whittlesea sent Riverside in to bat and the Siders were 1/46 at tea but ended with a reasonable 4/135. Bergman 50 and Potter 39* were the top scorers. D.Cole got 3/24

Slow ground, So don't count Riverside out of it yet. 135 doesn't look a lot but it isn't bad if their bowlers such as Gaylor, Money and Bowman can bowl well.

My Predictions for the BLUE league are:

1. Bundoora
2. Eltham
3. Thomastown United
4. North Eltham Wanderers

-----------------------------
5. Macleod
6. Plenty
7. South Morang
8. Yarrambat

Powerbow5000;369061 said:
So do you blokes reckon Curl will dominate this year? Do you rate him?

No doubt he will have a huge affect on batsmen this year. taking out the comp bowling average last year in the 14's, unlucky not to get a further lookin for the falcons. one to watch this yearpo

batting allrounder;368915 said:
My Predictions for the BLUE league are:

1. Bundoora
2. Eltham
3. Thomastown United
4. North Eltham Wanderers

-----------------------------
5. Macleod
6. Plenty
7. South Morang
8. Yarrambat

Be careful of plenty, all though johnson is to do it all, dont put it pASt him as he can bowl and bat very well, and if donaldson can pick up where he left off last year, they are a team not to be ridden off yet

batting allrounder;368419 said:
Lower Plenty batted first against Lalor Stars and put a great score of 4/233 on the board, Staples 64 and Vallance 55 top scored.

I think they should get over the line comfortably although I have never seen Lalor Stars bat but I believe Smith, Mash and Jenkin should get Lower over the line.

Diamond Creek bowled St.Francis out for only 112 with Harley Smith getting and amazing 5/6. Miller 37 and Dempsey 30 were STFA's best bats. Rheece Lewis got 21 but would be dissapointed that he didn't go on with it.

112 Should be easy for Diamo to chase down but you never know if Teague can rip them open. I think The Phelan brothers, Smith and Freeman should get Diamo home with 10 overs to spare.

Research's 7/239 has them off to a great start to the season. Ericson and Burns both got 50's.

Panton Hill just won't be good enough to make 239 although they have two bats that could get 150 between them in Taylor and Searle. Research by 130 runs is my tip.

Mill Park bowled Epping out for 64 with Costas getting 3/5 and have already wrapped this one up. 5/71 Groom got 36.

Mill Park may get outright.

Whittlesea sent Riverside in to bat and the Siders were 1/46 at tea but ended with a reasonable 4/135. Bergman 50 and Potter 39* were the top scorers. D.Cole got 3/24

Slow ground, So don't count Riverside out of it yet. 135 doesn't look a lot but it isn't bad if their bowlers such as Gaylor, Money and Bowman can bowl well.

Good write up mate.

Thanks Breeno,

This week's results in the TEAL Comp were:

Lower Plenty 4/233 Def Lalor Stars 7/101

Lack of class cost Lalor Stars this one and only having 9 players.
Lower Plenty should be a powerhouse team this year with so much depth.

MAN OF MATCH:
Sam Staples (Lower Plenty) 64 and 3/16

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Diamond Creek 3/151 Def St.Francis of Assisi 112

DVCA voted this the "Junior Match of the Round" but Creek were way too strong. STFA just couldn't get enough runs on the board.

MAN OF MATCH
Harley Smith (Diamond Creek) 53* and 5/6

Research 7/239 Def Panton Hill 3/126

Research obviously one of the teams to beat with the likes of Denier, Turner, Lee and Scales running around. Look like a good bowling team but 3/126 off 47 overs isn't good enough.

MAN OF MATCH
Luke Ericson(Research)52* and 0/4

Mill Park 7/121 Def Epping 64 and 4/99

Premiership favourites get their season off to a great start. The team to beat.

MAN OF MATCH
Aaron Mills (Mill Park) 31* and 2/12

Whittlesea 6/143 Def Riverside 4/135

Close game porbably Match of the Round in this comp. The Big bodies of Whittlesea too much for the young Riverside team that has talent and will be competitive but will find it hard to make finals.

MAN OF MATCH
Dylan Cole (Whittlesea)
45 and 3/24

batting allrounder;369749 said:
Thanks Breeno,

This week's results in the TEAL Comp were:

Lower Plenty 4/233 Def Lalor Stars 7/101

Lack of class cost Lalor Stars this one and only having 9 players.
Lower Plenty should be a powerhouse team this year with so much depth.

MAN OF MATCH:
Sam Staples (Lower Plenty) 64 and 3/16

Diamond Creek 3/151 Def St.Francis of Assisi 112

DVCA voted this the "Junior Match of the Round" but Creek were way too strong. STFA just couldn't get enough runs on the board.

MAN OF MATCH
Harley Smith (Diamond Creek) 53* and 5/6

Research 7/239 Def Panton Hill 3/126

Research obviously one of the teams to beat with the likes of Denier, Turner, Lee and Scales running around. Look like a good bowling team but 3/126 off 47 overs isn't good enough.

MAN OF MATCH
Luke Ericson(Research)52* and 0/4

Mill Park 7/121 Def Epping 64 and 4/99

Premiership favourites get their season off to a great start. The team to beat.

MAN OF MATCH
Aaron Mills (Mill Park) 31* and 2/12

Whittlesea 6/143 Def Riverside 4/135

Close game porbably Match of the Round in this comp. The Big bodies of Whittlesea too much for the young Riverside team that has talent and will be competitive but will find it hard to make finals.

MAN OF MATCH
Dylan Cole (Whittlesea)
45 and 3/24

oooh even has man of the match now, lovin ya work mate
catch ya on saturday champ ;)

Bowls Steam;369071 said:
No doubt he will have a huge affect on batsmen this year. taking out the comp bowling average last year in the 14's, unlucky not to get a further lookin for the falcons. one to watch this yearpo
won the league bowling by a mile last year and can hold the stick. Doesn't matter about falcons half the time players get in it because of who they know, or who's son they are.

NEWCC (L);370004 said:
won the league bowling by a mile last year and can hold the stick. Doesn't matter about falcons half the time players get in it because of who they know, or who's son they are.

oh so true but u would like to think that the young talent of the diamond valley would be recognised by at least some one in order for them to move on up in their cricket. but in saying that i noticed ferguson ryder not in the u/18's squad for falcons n he has been playing falcons since he could walk thanks to his dad. n most of the NEWCC boys were cut even tho Dick Clifton is heavily involved in the club suggesting that it is all not so corrupt.

Bowls Steam;370059 said:
oh so true but u would like to think that the young talent of the diamond valley would be recognised by at least some one in order for them to move on up in their cricket. but in saying that i noticed ferguson ryder not in the u/18's squad for falcons n he has been playing falcons since he could walk thanks to his dad. n most of the NEWCC boys were cut even tho Dick Clifton is heavily involved in the club suggesting that it is all not so corrupt.

Fair analysis Bowls Steam! It is easy to be sceptical of how selection in such carnivals takes place. And maybe from time to time some players are politically in a better position than others. But I think that kind of thing is extremely rare, especially these days! More so maybe 10-20 years back.

Keep in mind the numbers of players that go down to tryout for a spot. The fact is they are all very good cricketers no doubt. The reality is that some are going to miss out, not because they weren't good enough, just because there are limited spots. I do not envy the people who have to make the cuts. I know it is extremely challenging and difficult for them!

cheers

onemoreover;370201 said:
Fair analysis Bowls Steam! It is easy to be sceptical of how selection in such carnivals takes place. And maybe from time to time some players are politically in a better position than others. But I think that kind of thing is extremely rare, especially these days! More so maybe 10-20 years back.

Keep in mind the numbers of players that go down to tryout for a spot. The fact is they are all very good cricketers no doubt. The reality is that some are going to miss out, not because they weren't good enough, just because there are limited spots. I do not envy the people who have to make the cuts. I know it is extremely challenging and difficult for them!

cheers

Yeah, that's a good analysis one would think.

Another thing to add, although some players may be really good on the pitch, if they don't train well during the selection process it can go against them.

breeno;370203 said:
Yeah, that's a good analysis one would think.

Another thing to add, although some players may be really good on the pitch, if they don't train well during the selection process it can go against them.

yep I left that out sorry Breeno. Can be valid at times.

As for Richard Clifton's name appearing, let me be blunt here! This man, I believe, is beyond any corruption in a selection process, in fact corruption full stop. If you got into Richard's team, you did so because he genuinely thought you were the correct pick for the team. Anyone who has come into contact with Richard knows exactly what I mean. I also suspect if he could he would not cut anyone, he loves seeing kids get an opportunity to develop and experience participation to the max.

onemoreover;370215 said:
yep I left that out sorry Breeno. Can be valid at times.

As for Richard Clifton's name appearing, let me be blunt here! This man, I believe, is beyond any corruption in a selection process, in fact corruption full stop. If you got into Richard's team, you did so because he genuinely thought you were the correct pick for the team. Anyone who has come into contact with Richard knows exactly what I mean. I also suspect if he could he would not cut anyone, he loves seeing kids get an opportunity to develop and experience participation to the max.
Agree, doubt he's ever said a bad thing.

And to Bowls Steam, I think Reid and Smith made it though Dizza was the only one to miss out, don't know about Cisek? Did you make it man?

we will discuss this over economics (if you decide to rock up)

NEWCC (L);370241 said:
Agree, doubt he's ever said a bad thing.

And to Bowls Steam, I think Reid and Smith made it though Dizza was the only one to miss out, don't know about Cisek? Did you make it man?

we will discuss this over economics (if you decide to rock up)

Yes i don't think chisek made it in which personally i think is a bit stiff cause he can move it both ways. As for Richard, if u would kindly look at my last post i suggested that the man was not corrupt in his selection process but rather fair. To all those you thought i was against the man, i think you should get ur facts right.

Bowls Steam;370328 said:
Yes i don't think chisek made it in which personally i think is a bit stiff cause he can move it both ways. As for Richard, if u would kindly look at my last post i suggested that the man was not corrupt in his selection process but rather fair. To all those you thought i was against the man, i think you should get ur facts right.

It's a bit dissapointing to see riverside in for a tough year after making teh finals two years in a row.
Research are looking teh goods, like to highlight Harrison Burns who made a 70 or somthing in Barclay Researve the kid can bat and will be a talent.
Also watch out for a kid named Joe Bergman from riverside, very good bowler and Bat

Back