Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11

Any fresh recuiting news out there for Dunstan Sheild?

Fixtures should come out next week and I for one am very interested to see the draw!

Southern Punter;407934 said:
Any fresh recuiting news out there for Dunstan Sheild?

Fixtures should come out next week and I for one am very interested to see the draw!

I know that Mulgrave have lost a couple and North Balwyn have recruited Sachin Tendulkar from the sounds of it, but not too sure about other clubs.

PeterPumpkinEater;407942 said:
I know that Mulgrave have lost a couple and North Balwyn have recruited Sachin Tendulkar from the sounds of it, but not too sure about other clubs.

Yes, by the looks of the previous 50 pages, North Balwyn think they will have a great chance, so good luck to them!

How are peoples grounds looking to be ready, the reserve day will more than likely be used again this year.

Southern Punter;407946 said:
Yes, by the looks of the previous 50 pages, North Balwyn think they will have a great chance, so good luck to them!

How are peoples grounds looking to be ready, the reserve day will more than likely be used again this year.

I think they need to get off to a good start, otherwise it could a long season for them.

Grounds might struggle early on. It's been wet and I think a lot of grounds are still waiting to be started, so time will tell.

GO BEARS

PeterPumpkinEater;407942 said:

Who have mulgrave actually lost ,lots of rumours that they have lost 5 players

bucket head;407955 said:

It's rumoured they've lost Bradley, the Day brothers, Flintoff and Morris. Not sure if it's true though - if it is, that's a big hole to fill.

bucket head;407955 said:

How come no-one talks about the one they picked up, hey Bucket?

PeterPumpkinEater;407987 said:
Who did they pick up?

D. Carter - Wicketkeeper/Batsman from Ormond. Top 5 gloveman in VSDCA 2 years running.
P. McDonald - Off Spinner from Hallam. Also, played at Noble park. I think they have gone as a package. Coach and Assistant Coach.

Puppeteer;408308 said:
D. Carter - Wicketkeeper/Batsman from Ormond. Top 5 gloveman in VSDCA 2 years running.
P. McDonald - Off Spinner from Hallam. Also, played at Noble park. I think they have gone as a package. Coach and Assistant Coach.

Most spinners in the comp are rubbish, so it will be interesting to see how he goes and let's be honest, they just pass the time until the real bowlers come back on!

New topic - if the Gold Coast came into the league, who would they take from each club? My thoughts, from the clubs I know are:

Deepdene - Parsons - 4 yr $4m contract - Ablett equivalent
Mulgrave - Probably Aldens now - 2 yr
Bulleen - Probably Judd - 2 yr
Hawthorn - Tongue - 4 yr $4m
Mont Albert - Indian kid - Bohsle or something - smashed us
North Balwyn - hmmmm - I'll come back to that one
Glen Iris - No idea
East Donny - Annan
Canterbury - Wilson
Richmond City - prob Lawsy

Anyone I'm missing? A few teams would be without captains, but I don't think the ECA/AFL would mind....

chick chick boom;408409 said:
shall be interesting to see how the two go in their first game against hawthorn

Yep, and if it looks as though it's dead - CRANK IT UP AGAIN. I think it will be interesting to see how heaps of teams go this season. Deepdene - very unlucky last year, Bulleen with thir recruits, albeit from a 2nd rate district club and North Balwyn with Sachin performing at the top of the order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back