Eca 2011/2012

Fuzzbungle reported? What did he allegedly do? Maybe Lewis_Jetta could give us an update.
What was the result of this?

Also, a ladder update. If I tip 6 - which I haven't gone close to yet - the ladder will finish like this at the end of this week. I haven't given Skevs 10 points, but I think they're a big chance of getting them.

Deep 43
Skevs 39
Hawthorn 39
GI 37
Ashy 33
MA 30
ED 27
Boronia 21
Mulg 21
Bull 18
Marc 15
RC 9

Going through it, I think the match of the Round is Haw v MA. If Hawthorn beat MA (even though I've tipped MA), they really assure themselves of a home final, whereas if MA win (as above) they give themselves an outside chance of still making it. The Deep game is massive against Bulleen. If Bull win (not tipped) they will be safe and Deep realistically can't make it, so Deep have to win, and I think they will. Mulg v Marc relegation dogfight, but as I said yesterday, Mully could really embarrass them, especially at home.

I should also say Boronia v Ashy is big as well - Boronia have put in some big performances this season but seemed bitterly disappointing against GI and if they bounce back, Ashy might struggle. The comp needs a couple of upsets to keep it all tight. If Skevs, GI and Haw win, there becomes only a race for 4th.

What was the result of this?

Also, a ladder update. If I tip 6 - which I haven't gone close to yet - the ladder will finish like this at the end of this week. I haven't given Skevs 10 points, but I think they're a big chance of getting them.

Skevs 39
Hawthorn 39
GI 37
Ashy 33
Deep 33
MA 30
ED 27
Boronia 21
Mulg 21
Bull 18
Marc 15
RC 9

Going through it, I think the match of the Round is Haw v MA. If Hawthorn beat MA (even though I've tipped MA), they really assure themselves of a home final, whereas if MA win (as above) they give themselves an outside chance of still making it. The Deep game is massive against Bulleen. If Bull win (not tipped) they will be safe and Deep realistically can't make it, so Deep have to win, and I think they will. Mulg v Marc relegation dogfight, but as I said yesterday, Mully could really embarrass them, especially at home.
Look at MyCricket Paintball. Whilst RC have been massively disappointing and only won 1 game they have gone nowhere near being done outright and have had their chances in every game. The closest we have been was against MA on the weekend who crawled to a win using up 3/4 of the day then ridiculously put us back in at 4.30 thinking they would bowl us out in a bit over an hour. Our boys had no fear of being done outright and hit up 80 odd off 20 overs. I think this little session off pressure free batting might be the catalyst for us to produce a huge upset on the weekend.

Mycricket hasn't yet given Deepdene their 10 points from the weekend, as it says they have only played 7 games, along with Marcellin.

So the Bears should be on 37 currently, and sitting comfortably in 2nd.

Look at MyCricket Paintball. Whilst RC have been massively disappointing and only won 1 game they have gone nowhere near being done outright and have had their chances in every game. The closest we have been was against MA on the weekend who crawled to a win using up 3/4 of the day then ridiculously put us back in at 4.30 thinking they would bowl us out in a bit over an hour. Our boys had no fear of being done outright and hit up 80 odd off 20 overs. I think this little session off pressure free batting might be the catalyst for us to produce a huge upset on the weekend.
I wish you well Terry and do sincerely hope you win, but I don't think it will happen. How was the wicket at MA, because there didn't seem to be many runs scored? Glad you guys got some runs at the end of the day and yes, it might be the catalyst for a resurgence.

I just had a look at Mycricket and it says that MA beat you 5 down - I'm not sure that's a close game? Maybe I'm wrong. But I wasn't there and there seemed to be a lot of low scores, so maybe you were a chance of running through them?

I just had a look at Mycricket and it says that MA beat you 5 down - I'm not sure that's a close game? Maybe I'm wrong. But I wasn't there and there seemed to be a lot of low scores, so maybe you were a chance of running through them?
No it was not a close game but we were a million miles from getting done outright. MA were talking up an outright before the days play and then collectively batted at about 2 an over until tea. Wrighty was plumb about 3 times but the captain is never given out LBW. Then they slogged for half an hour and put us back in at 4.30. We were never going to get done outright.

No it was not a close game but we were a million miles from getting done outright. MA were talking up an outright before the days play and then collectively batted at about 2 an over until tea. Wrighty was plumb about 3 times but the captain is never given out LBW. Then they slogged for half an hour and put us back in at 4.30. We were never going to get done outright.
OK fair enough. Good luck on the weekend.

All may not be as reported. I rang a player who played in the game and there will be some interesting testomy.
He will be represented by 2 life members. Should the professional umpire be able to over rule a blatant "not out" run out decision from the player standing at square? The run out was not even close to being in and the professional cannot over rule him.
He was replaced but the damage was done. Still think he will miss this round. Our umpires often seem to lack integrity at times and are to quick to comment when it is not their role or place. Talking about tribunal matters by umpires does not help the view that they are impartial. I have often heard umpires speak poorly of certain clubs and captains after games.

Back