Eca 2011/2012

GI v ED - GI at home
Bor v Ashy - Ashy have come good and push for finals spot
Mulg v Marc - goodbye to Agrade for loser
Skevs v RC- upset - RC overdue to win a game. Goodluck Terry!!
Bull v Deep - Deep too good
Haw v MA - Hawthorn in this one for me

Ahhhhh well what a round that just passed and how good is it to have a competition that really, on there day, could be won by anyone in the top 6. I think all will agree that it is great for the league not to mention the conversation front. Anyway, here are my tips for the weekend. Lets hope I can get another 6!!!!

GI v ED - GI at home but think this will be closer than people tip
Bor v Ashy - Very close game but think Ashy have that little more to offer
Mulg v Marc - Marcellin to go down
Skevs v RC- St Kevs to keep winning
Bull v Deep - Have a sneaking suspicion Bulleen might surprise and gain a lkittle upset
Haw v MA - Hawthorn simply too good

Have not tipped for a couple of rounds.

My selections are :
GI v ED - GI at home
Bor v Ashy - Boronia to bounce back
Mulg v Marc -
Skevs v RC- St Kevs to keep winning
Bull v Deep - Bulleen to put themselves out of relegation
Haw v MA - Hawthorn at home

Sorry Bob - I had screwed up the leaderboard somehow. I hope this is right now.

Bob 26
Damien 25
GolfClub 25
Terry 24
Harsh 23
Rozza 22
Paintball 22
XXXX 20
Prospector 18
council 18
Skitso 17
Igniter 15
Lewis J 14
Reg 14
Woodstock 13
Stumpy 13
Gravy 12
Bombers 11

Pretty hot yesterday. Ashy would be happy with their score at the big Boronia ground and would be hopeful of holding Boronia out, Skevs did well at Chernobyl against RC, Bulleen finally posted a big score and with 6 points will ruin Deepdene's season, GI should get over ED, you would think, and Mully should have assured themselves of Dunstan next year as they should be able to hold out Marcellin. No Haw v MA score? Anyone know it?

With a favourable forecast for next week, it looks like the teams who bowled yesterday will have had the worst of the conditions. The teams who posted scores in excess of 200 should be confident of giving their games a good shake.

Fuzzknuckle, what a head case.

Must have done something serious to get 9 weeks.

Money well spent at Burwood, but looks like they play better without him!

Well some interesting results on the weekend. Bulleen have definitely thrown a spanner into Deepdene's works. MA scrambled to 220 which with their bowling attack could just be enough. Glen Iris, who have the worst bowling attack in the comp rolled another side for less than 200 and Mulgrave looks like they will be playing Dunstan again next year. Does anyone know who made the runs for Bulleen and I would have to say that St Kevs are premiership favourites at the moment. Any thoughts????

Well some interesting results on the weekend. Bulleen have definitely thrown a spanner into Deepdene's works. MA scrambled to 220 which with their bowling attack could just be enough. Glen Iris, who have the worst bowling attack in the comp rolled another side for less than 200 and Mulgrave looks like they will be playing Dunstan again next year. Does anyone know who made the runs for Bulleen and I would have to say that St Kevs are premiership favourites at the moment. Any thoughts????
Fair point Damien re GI bowling. Wheres Prospector??
Agree that SKEVS are team to beat. As for rest (HAW, GI, DEEP) they would need to rely on having to bring their best to be a chance...

I think it's a race in 5 (down to Ashy on the ladder), but 5 into 4 doesn't go and someone is going to be left VERY dissapointed. The thing that might save Deepdene is that GI & Ashy play each other in the last round (HUGE GAME!). If Haw/Deepdene/Skevs win 1 out of 2 coming home they will be safe, leaving GI & Ashy to play in a virtual QF.

Marcellin can say goodbye to Dunstan unless the hand of god strikes down their opposition over the last 2 rounds. RC fate was determined pre-christmas I feel, but is confirmed now. Nth Balwyn favorites to come up, probably with Surrey Hills. God help us all if Burwood (and fuzz) make it!

Not sure who I fancy for the premiership at the moment... Very even across those top 4/5 sides. Skevs are playing really well, but stumbled against Hawthorn last week. Deepdene seem to fall to bits when the pressure is on. GI can be hot and cold depending on what team turns up on the day. Hawthorn... Just something NQR about them I reckon. Ashy (if they make it) could be VERY dangerous! All that said and done, my pick is Skevs as well.

Back