Eca 2011/2012

Hey Councillor ! Great tip mate !
Your the only one that had the balls to tip Boronia against Mulgrave !!
You must be a psychic???? I think I 'll be putting my money on your tips in the future !
Actually, was a good game that went to the wire !!!
Nice to hear from all the home side pilgrims sledging our boys during the game trying to exert their arrogance upon the "lesser privileged teams" ? Bring it on !!!
They are not a bad team Boronia! Good wins by Skevies and ED too!

Mulgrave sledging? Surely you jest, that doesn't sound like them. The fact is these days they can't back it up like they once did.

Boronia have made a good transition into Dunstan. Tipping their opponents will need to pay them more respect and not drop their guard in future rounds. Scores not on mycricket yet, who got runs/wickets for both sides? Suckling, Stallworthy, Slack, Aldons??

Yeah , Steve Bowen made 62 who top scored for Boronia batting at 4 ! Usually opens the bowling for them. Took 5 fa 30 against East Donnie last match. Suckling had an injury to his calf was serviceable with the bat . Stallworthy got 3 for 15 off his 8. Watch out for a young 16 year old medium/ fast bowler - Connor McIntyre in his second game in the 1st XI took 2 for 18 . The rest were shared around. Aldons made only 26, Slack made 15 or so and a couple of high teens from others for the home side. Morris also took 3 fa as well for Mulgrave.
Tight and very competitive match overall, was a pleasure to watch a really good contest! Must say the fielding by the Boronia boys was very sharp and tidy too !

Since I was the only one who tipped Boronia, I might as well join the tipping comp... given you kids a fair head start!

Bears v GI
Boronia v Marcellin
Willows v City
Skevies v Bulleen
ED v MA
Hawthorn v Mulgrave

Yeah , Steve Bowen made 62 who top scored for Boronia batting at 4 ! Usually opens the bowling for them. Took 5 fa 30 against East Donnie last match. Suckling had an injury to his calf was serviceable with the bat . Stallworthy got 3 for 15 off his 8. Watch out for a young 16 year old medium/ fast bowler - Connor McIntyre in his second game in the 1st XI took 2 for 18 . The rest were shared around. Aldons made only 26, Slack made 15 or so and a couple of high teens from others for the home side. Morris also took 3 fa as well for Mulgrave.
Tight and very competitive match overall, was a pleasure to watch a really good contest! Must say the fielding by the Boronia boys was very sharp and tidy too !
Well done Boronia and all teams who won. Looks like it was a good weekend's cricket

This weeks results:

Rozza 4
Harsh 4
GolfClub 4
Skitso 4
Terry 3
Bob 3
Reg 3
Igniter 3
Prospector 2
Lewis J 2
XXXX 2
Damien 2
Paintball 2
Gravy 2
Council 2
Woodstock 1
Stumpy 1
Bombers 1

Leaderboard:

Rozza 11
Harsh 11
Bob 11
GolfClub 11
Terry 9
Lewis J 9
XXXX 9
Damien 9
Reg 9
Prospector 8
Skitso 8
Paintball 8
Stumpy 6
Bombers 6
Igniter 6
Woodstock 4
Gravy 4
Council 4

Well guys I think Boronia have really stamped themselves that they are no easy beats. "A" grade cricket may not have been that bad of a standard last year or it was just that Boronia were too good. It sounds like they have a young team that never say die.
I'ts great to see a team promoted and perform well early in the season!
Its also good because Boronia's ground is sensational

Well guys I think Boronia have really stamped themselves that they are no easy beats. "A" grade cricket may not have been that bad of a standard last year or it was just that Boronia were too good. It sounds like they have a young team that never say die.
I'ts great to see a team promoted and perform well early in the season!
Its also good because Boronia's ground is sensational

Absolutely, a really positive start from Boronia in season 2011, but we saw last year that side's that start well can capitulate late, as per Glen Iris, so it will be interesting to see how they travel!

Noticed Metcalf didn't play for Ashburton on the weekend, makes me think my mail was good about his knee injury.

However, the above post also provides a ripper conversation that may add a little bit of a spark back to this forum; how far east is too far for the Eastern Cricket Association? I've always held the belief that the executive should have some courage here and make the absolute border Eastlink. Surely once you are crossing there you have left the eastern suburbs (and the protection of the MFB for that matter) and perhaps they would be better suited to the OECA (outer eastern cricket associatation), if for no other reason than saving the planet. Given the imminent arrival of a carbon tax someone needs to take responsibility for the petrol bills of the young players in the ECA!

Absolutely, a really positive start from Boronia in season 2011, but we saw last year that side's that start well can capitulate late, as per Glen Iris, so it will be interesting to see how they travel!

Noticed Metcalf didn't play for Ashburton on the weekend, makes me think my mail was good about his knee injury.

However, the above post also provides a ripper conversation that may add a little bit of a spark back to this forum; how far east is too far for the Eastern Cricket Association? I've always held the belief that the executive should have some courage here and make the absolute border Eastlink. Surely once you are crossing there you have left the eastern suburbs (and the protection of the MFB for that matter) and perhaps they would be better suited to the OECA (outer eastern cricket associatation), if for no other reason than saving the planet. Given the imminent arrival of a carbon tax someone needs to take responsibility for the petrol bills of the young players in the ECA!

I think your missing the positives of playing in the outer east - It's normally a two or three beer ride home! But really, that's more of an issue for the Heathmont/Boronia players, if they are happy to travel for their away games then there should be no issue, on average every other team should only have to travel out one in every two years. And as Woodstock said, Boronias ground is sensational, beautiful outfield and played with the Dandenongs in the background, you don't get that kind of setting in the inner east.

You blokes are lucky you don't play in country WA.

I don't agree at all. Like Wood Chopper said, teams would usually only have to travel out to play these teams once every two years so I don't really see any issue. And when I say "travel out", it is really only an extra 15 mins or so than you would have to travel to play any other side in the comp. Bit precious I think... It's not like most blokes have anything better to do with that 15 mins on a Saturday morning besides reading the form guide! If blokes are whiging about "travelling" they really need to take a long hard look at themselves and their spoilt inner city lives.

My tips for this weekend Terry:

Bears v GIen Iris - GI bowling attack monstered by Parsons/Steele
Boronia v Marcellin - Boronia on a high and will continue their good form at home
Willows v Richmond City - Willow stars to shine in the longer format
Skevies v Bulleen - Tough one. Bulleen still struggling with injuries???
ED v Mont Albert - MA have to come good at some stage don't they?
Hawthorn v Mulgrave - The match of the round for mine. Mulgrave in a tight one.

My tips Terry:

Bears v GIen Iris - bears too strong, will belt GI bowling attack, parso tonne
Boronia v Marcellin - boronia in the best form, winning form
Willows v Richmond City - ashy have started their campaign, cox for another big score
Skevies v Bulleen - skevs easily
ED v Mont Albert - UPSET
Hawthorn v Mulgrave - mulgrave in a tight one, aldons and lawton for scores

Bears v GIen Iris - Bears to reaffirm the flag favouritism
Boronia v Marcellin - Really don't know
Willows v Richmond City - Should just win, especially at home
Skevies v Bulleen - They can't be this bad
ED v Mont Albert - without any confidence
Hawthorn v Mulgrave - I give Hawthorn a great chance at home. Tonguey to ton up and take 7

Back