Eca 2011/2012

I think Skevs, Haw & Deepdene will do enough to make it... The GI/Ashy last round game to decide 4th spot.
Hawthorn seem to be letting slip at the moment and if their not carefull, may find themselves missing finals, especially if GI roll RC twice this week and take another 10 points.

Well only two weeks to go and it looks like it has narrowed to a 5 horse race. Congrats must go out to Deepdene for chasing 260 only 4 down. All others were expected except for Hawthorn who let one drop. Could it be that they may be a little to Tongue dependent. Big round ahead this week so thought I would get the tips in early.

Deepdene v Hawthorn : Deepdene at home
Marcellin v St Kevins : Surely!!!!
Ashburton vs Bulleen : Have a feeling Davidson and Porter are going to have one of those days
MA v Boronia : Lilley to dominate
East Doncaster v Mulgrave : ED only because there home
Richmond V Glen Iris : GI's simply must

And whhat a final round that would leave us with GI v Ashy for potentially the final spot remaining & Mulgrave v Deepdene in a game that Mulgrave might have to win to stay up and Deepdene to make finals. Lets hope the weather holds off!!!

I will get them in early, hopefully I can hold my 3 point lead at the top!

Deepdene
St.Kevins
Ashy
MA
Mulgrave
GI

Also on another note we go on about about the good players in the comp but there has been little mention of Mont Albert's Alex Lilley. For someone who has taken 30 wickets in Dunstan this year and has not been mentioned much. Would be the dunstan medal favourite at the moment

Deepdene
St.Kevins
Ashy
MA
Mulgrave
GI

Also on another note we go on about about the good players in the comp but there has been little mention of Mont Albert's Alex Lilley. For someone who has taken 30 wickets in Dunstan this year and has not been mentioned much. Would be the dunstan medal favourite at the moment
You must be a MA player Bob. I wa in the 2's when my team played them, so haven't seen him. I agree though, that 30+ wickets is a great year by any standards. I can't remember many players getting more than that in Dunstan, however I think that Davidson got around 30 last year.

Deepdene v Hawthorn : Deepdene know how to play their home ground well. Hawthorn just stumbling a little
Marcellin v St Kevins : Skevs to secure a finals spot with a big win
Ashburton vs Bulleen : Both teams have a lot on the line, but Ashy with a bit more to play for
MA v Boronia : MA might be thinking what could have been
East Doncaster v Mulgrave : Who cares!
Richmond V Glen Iris : RC paying 100/1. GI to bat them right out of the game.

Deepdene v Hawthorn : Deepdene easily - will send a scare through the Hawthorn camp, especially after GI already have 6 in the bag on day one!
Marcellin v St Kevins : Skevs to make 300+ batting first and win easy
Ashburton vs Bulleen : Good game, especially after recent meetings between these 2, quite recent rivarly
MA v Boronia : MA easily, unfortunately have just left their run a little late
East Doncaster v Mulgrave : agree with HBF - nothing to play for here - but spider to take 6 against a fragile ED batting line up
Richmond V Glen Iris : GI to get 10 points (can there be a bonus point for picking an outright?make the tipping interesting!)

What tantalising couple of games we have this week. Most notably HAW Vs DEEP. Deep with the edge at home....
In other years the BULL vs ASHY game would be as important as the abovementioned.....although BULL ladder position means it isnt, im sure for ASHY it still is.
Its around this time funny results can occur, teams out of the race can fire up or cool down unpredicably. Teams vying for important spots can get edgy. Its because of this i propose the following (controversial) hypothetical....
RC to surpsrise GI with a spirited and effective showing that runs GI all the way. Still believe GI could be suspect under pressure. This and ASHY strong showing will have GI forced into Qualifying Final next round. Momentum with ASHY and for them to prevail into finals......

What tantalising couple of games we have this week. Most notably HAW Vs DEEP. Deep with the edge at home....
In other years the BULL vs ASHY game would be as important as the abovementioned.....although BULL ladder position means it isnt, im sure for ASHY it still is.
Its around this time funny results can occur, teams out of the race can fire up or cool down unpredicably. Teams vying for important spots can get edgy. Its because of this i propose the following (controversial) hypothetical....
RC to surpsrise GI with a spirited and effective showing that runs GI all the way. Still believe GI could be suspect under pressure. This and ASHY strong showing will have GI forced into Qualifying Final next round. Momentum with ASHY and for them to prevail into finals......

RC to surprise GI... I'll have whatever you're smoking please!

Would love GI to lose, but just can't see it happening.

Deepdene
St.Kevins
Ashy
MA
Mulgrave
GI

Spot on Bobby Boy!

Deepdene
Skevies
Bulleen
MA
Mulgrave
GI

Away teams looking good. I can't tip any worse.
Deepdene v Hawthorn :
Marcellin v St Kevins :
Ashburton vs Bulleen :
MA v Boronia :
East Doncaster v Mulgrave :
Richmond V Glen Iris :​

You must be a MA player Bob. I wa in the 2's when my team played them, so haven't seen him. I agree though, that 30+ wickets is a great year by any standards. I can't remember many players getting more than that in Dunstan, however I think that Davidson got around 30 last year.

Pretty sure Parsons, Gartner & Dino all got 30+ wickets in the same season for Deepdene about 3 seasons back. (Parsons also getting 700 or 800 odd runs).

That is a great effort, but at the end of that season, what did they walk away with? A loss in the semi because their keeper dropped one of the biggest sodas I have ever seen in cricket, was great!

RC to surprise GI... I'll have whatever you're smoking please!

Would love GI to lose, but just can't see it happening.

Ha ha.....no smoking here. Just throwing out a wobbly as history says end of season can be full of surprises....

I expect GI to dominate, but reckon they have a soft underbelly. Their bats have shown more since Xmas but relied on Armstrong for first half. When acid applied they lose wickets in bunches, and its hard to win games that way.

Back