Eca 2011/2012

That is a great acquisition! I wonder what his first impressions of their pitch will be! ;)

Don't get to excited, he is in his mid forties these days! Struggled towards the end of the season at his old club Research in the DVCA last season. As a mater of fact I think he went for about 1/200 odd in last 3 games. Although still took 28 @ about 17 and came second in comp medal.

A turf will be very competitive this year with Bulleen and City licking their wounds. Burwood has new captain coach and no "trouble maker". Do not rate Surrey's chances of staying up in Dunstan. Hear Ashwood are in termoil with Wilkinson appointed coach of Hawthorne. Congratulations to Fitzy from STC on his life membership of ECA. it will be interesting seeing two swing bowlers operating at Zerbees. Both not young or quick but both smart. Hear Canterbury have a new coach from Mont Albert.

A turf will be very competitive this year with Bulleen and City licking their wounds. Burwood has new captain coach and no "trouble maker". Do not rate Surrey's chances of staying up in Dunstan. Hear Ashwood are in termoil with Wilkinson appointed coach of Hawthorne. Congratulations to Fitzy from STC on his life membership of ECA. it will be interesting seeing two swing bowlers operating at Zerbees. Both not young or quick but both smart. Hear Canterbury have a new coach from Mont Albert.
Been busy Freddie! Who are Canterbury and Burwood new coaches? Imports or locals?

Been busy Freddie! Who are Canterbury and Burwood new coaches? Imports or locals?
Mayor I am full of information and rumour.
Jon Kerr from Balwyn as Captain /Coach of Burwood. Dave Power ex Mont Albert to Canterbury as non playing coach I believe.
May see clubs from Southern Churches opt to join ECA next season as a result of merger falling over. ECA should of sought the previous merger managers to handle this one. Last merger went very smoothly under their guidance. I think only one of them would have been available. He is a tough person to deal with but gets the job done and well

lover and Mayor.
Obviously our footy teams are out of the finals race as no one else is providing any news. I hear the trouble maker from Burwood is joining Hawthorn Monash. Hope the Uni has been advised to let the student union know he will be on site.

lover and Mayor.
Obviously our footy teams are out of the finals race as no one else is providing any news. I hear the trouble maker from Burwood is joining Hawthorn Monash. Hope the Uni has been advised to let the student union know he will be on site.

Refer to new thread. ECA 2012/13
* Disclaimer: Not much news in there yet...

Mayor I am full of information and rumour.
Jon Kerr from Balwyn as Captain /Coach of Burwood. Dave Power ex Mont Albert to Canterbury as non playing coach I believe.
May see clubs from Southern Churches opt to join ECA next season as a result of merger falling over. ECA should of sought the previous merger managers to handle this one. Last merger went very smoothly under their guidance. I think only one of them would have been available. He is a tough person to deal with but gets the job done and well
Never heard of those blokes!

The South Barwon Cricket Club is hosting two of the all time greatest opening bowling combination in Courtney Walsh and Curtly Ambrose on Sunday 9th December at Buckley's Entertainment Centre in Geelong. The afternoon starts at 12:30pm and includes a 2 course meal plus a 3 hour drinks package (beer/wine/soft drink). The guys will be interviewed by the MC Justin Karcher during the afternoon and there will also be time for some questions plus a signing table on the day. There are tables of 12 so get your table together or you can sit in smaller groups if needed. We only have 300 tickets available so it will be first in best dressed. Tickets are starting to sell now so get in and avoid the disappointment of missing out on this unique opportunity. Tickets are $110 per person, so start organising your mini bus now for a day in Geelong !!
For tickets please see the link to an order form. Tickets are available from the club in Geelong, or details on the order form.

Order Form

http://southbarwon.vic.cricket.com.au/files/2108/files/Ambrose Walsh Flyer_Order Form Final.pdf

Club website

http://southbarwon.vic.cricket.com.au/home.aspx?

Back