Eca 2012/13

Ashy must be battling if Cam Skermer is still running around making runs for them! What next, Cam Carey or Brian Keogh making a return?
If he is making runs good luck to him. plenty of good players with grey or no hair mr mayor. We cant all have hair like Trump. should veterans cricket start at 32?​

If he is making runs good luck to him. plenty of good players with grey or no hair mr mayor. We cant all have hair like Trump. should veterans cricket start at 32?​
Not having a go at him, he was one of the better bats in the late 90's/2000's... but he has hardly played over the last few yrs though. Bit like Powick carrying Canterbury still!

Not having a go at him, he was one of the better bats in the late 90's/2000's... but he has hardly played over the last few yrs though. Bit like Powick carrying Canterbury still!
Ah i see. thought with the post above and the one about the Heathmont veterans that you have an issue with men of a certain age squeezing ino the creams! Any word on the st kevs outright of the ladder leader?

Ah i see. thought with the post above and the one about the Heathmont veterans that you have an issue with men of a certain age squeezing ino the creams! Any word on the st kevs outright of the ladder leader?

Not at all Cossy! Just that we don't seem to have many 18-23yrs olds putting on show like they did 10 yrs back. Skevies played out of their skin apparently...

Not at all Cossy! Just that we don't seem to have many 18-23yrs olds putting on show like they did 10 yrs back. Skevies played out of their skin apparently...
That's because they're all off chasing coin thinking they are better than they are. Then they come back at about 26 or 27, 10-15kgs overweight and think they are gods gift to the ECA because they used to get cash.

The youth aren't the same as they were 10 years ago.

Well done to SKOB, turned the final 4 completely on its head!

That's because they're all off chasing coin thinking they are better than they are. Then they come back at about 26 or 27, 10-15kgs overweight and think they are gods gift to the ECA because they used to get cash.

The youth aren't the same as they were 10 years ago.

Well done to SKOB, turned the final 4 completely on its head!

Or they are off playing district cricket

WHAT THE HELL??
Skobs do a job on MA, Ashy, Haw and Mully all lose???? Doesn't anyone want to win except GI??
Have to be a clear pick. I heard Taylor missed out and still GI got the job done. Ashy, Haw and Mully clearly have appointments during the finals that they need to attend. SH chased down 280 against Mully, Haw all out 131?

A week is a long time in cricket. I can't work out finals now, but I reckon there might be a few rockets fired at a few clubs this week and a few clubs desperate for 10 points!

How good is cricket?

WHAT THE HELL??
Skobs do a job on MA, Ashy, Haw and Mully all lose???? Doesn't anyone want to win except GI??
Have to be a clear pick. I heard Taylor missed out and still GI got the job done. Ashy, Haw and Mully clearly have appointments during the finals that they need to attend. SH chased down 280 against Mully, Haw all out 131?

A week is a long time in cricket. I can't work out finals now, but I reckon there might be a few rockets fired at a few clubs this week and a few clubs desperate for 10 points!

How good is cricket?

You missed the best part paintball. What about the relegation race? Boronia's win has made the battle for the bottom 2 very interesting

You missed the best part paintball. What about the relegation race? Boronia's win has made the battle for the bottom 2 very interesting
You;re right, I was so engrossed with the craziness at the top of the table, I forgot about the bottom. ED certain to go down against a Skobs team that literally has everything to play for, GI play Boronia and NB play MA. Surely they both lose and Bor on % head for one umpire cricket? GI and MA will both get a home final (another silly week aside) but they will still want to put in a good show leading into finals.

Mully need 10 points with their % and Haw playing Ashy for the final possy. Mully v Deepdene will be very close but DB on a roll. Is it the one that got away for Mully? Haw v Ashy is simple, the winner plays finals.

HOWEVER could Adam Dale justify the massive coin, take 8 wickets and knock Skobs out at the Olney minefield? The permutations, computations and intrigue is simply enormous in this round.

How good is cricket?

You;re right, I was so engrossed with the craziness at the top of the table, I forgot about the bottom. ED certain to go down against a Skobs team that literally has everything to play for, GI play Boronia and NB play MA. Surely they both lose and Bor on % head for one umpire cricket? GI and MA will both get a home final (another silly week aside) but they will still want to put in a good show leading into finals.

Mully need 10 points with their % and Haw playing Ashy for the final possy. Mully v Deepdene will be very close but DB on a roll. Is it the one that got away for Mully? Haw v Ashy is simple, the winner plays finals.

HOWEVER could Adam Dale justify the massive coin, take 8 wickets and knock Skobs out at the Olney minefield? The permutations, computations and intrigue is simply enormous in this round.

How good is cricket?
I will let you know how good cricket is in a fortnight Paintball hopefully after we survive relegation!

How good is cricket?

Will be a great final round ......
The only real dead rubber is Marc vs SH.

I agree with you PB...... its ED and Boronia headed for A - turf . While Dale is still a very handy cricketer the SKOB's bats will be able to handle him comfortably on the home deck.

Top 4 =
GI
MA
SKEVS
Ashy

I agree with you PB...... its ED and Boronia headed for A - turf . While Dale is still a very handy cricketer the SKOB's bats will be able to handle him comfortably on the home deck.

Top 4 =
GI
MA
SKEVS
Ashy

Marc vs SH is not a dead rubber. Mathematically marcellin can still go down. I know it is a long shot but in cricket anything is possible. I remember last year Mulgrave were certain to go down after the first week of the last round where Bulleen were favourites to win their game and therefore stay up and Marcellin were favourites to win their game too. Cricket is a funny game

Top 4 =
GI
MA
SKEVS
Ashy
I've seen a lot of dodgy ones at Skobs over the years. A good bowler who's accurate can be lethal. It's a longshot but it's possible. What if Crow;ey goes nuts as well? Strange times.

Thats a 'nice' attempted save Rockshow. Great to have you GI boys back on the forum and look forward to you pumping up your own tyres over the coming 5 weeks of cricket !!!

Play in the vtca actually, so unless glen iris are in that comp, I highly doubt I would be playing for them.
You just keep assuming you know best, that's what all great keyboard warriors do!!!

Marc vs SH is not a dead rubber. Mathematically marcellin can still go down. I know it is a long shot but in cricket anything is possible. I remember last year Mulgrave were certain to go down after the first week of the last round where Bulleen were favourites to win their game and therefore stay up and Marcellin were favourites to win their game too. Cricket is a funny game

Fair call BUT a very remote chance . You would need all 3 bottom sides to win PLUS Boronia and/or ED to pick up some % .

In my books the Eagle have done enough to stay up ...... or should i say Chubba Dinneen has done enough for them to stay up ..... again

Back