Best Afternoon tea: Marcellin/Heathmont
Nicest Bloke: St Kevs skip
Hardest Hitter: Tantis-Hall from Marc by the length of a street
Best Arm:
Best outfield: Bulleen/Donvale
Best Wicket: Donvale

Most ferocious douchebag: Old Balls Keeper at Mont Albert - Devine

Bulleen should win quite easily - Clint Hillas to win the medal

And in A Grade, if Cam Crowley plays he could be the difference. Cutter due for a big one! He's been economical as always, but only 1 5fa and 15 for the season!

Deepdene 1/76 at tea. Solid platform but Parsons the man out (caught behind off Hillas). Strong breeze from the top end will impact bowlers used i would think.

the wicket looks pretty lifeless.

They'd want 250 plus from here.

Deepdene in trouble now at 5/94 off 52 overs.

13 overs after tea have been disastrous for Deepdene but super for Bulleen.

After it is over there are interesting promotion and relegation issues. sides may not go up and sides may go down after not finishing in the bottom 2.
Look forward to seeing the new grades.
Burwood and East Donny will have to recruit to be even competitive in Dunstan.

After it is over there are interesting promotion and relegation issues. sides may not go up and sides may go down after not finishing in the bottom 2.
Look forward to seeing the new grades.
Burwood and East Donny will have to recruit to be even competitive in Dunstan.

History shows at the start of a new season the common (uninformed) opinion is teams promoted to Dunstan Shield struggle. From memory most said Heathmont would be back in A Turf in 14/15. Actually they were in Finals contention till the last round. Oh and Bulleen won Dunstan Shield after being in A Turf.

East Doncaster will at least be competitive. Don't know much about Burwood though. The beauty is everyone starts Round 1 on 0.

B Turf to A Turf will be more interesting and vice versa. Marcellin OC and Burwood would be Second XIs. Maybe A Turf becomes 10 teams, or Dunstan Shield and Dunstan Seconds, similar to how BHRDCA do it in their top grade.

interesting. Senior reserve was how ESCA was at one stage. but it became lopsided as it was ungraded.
Not sure we would want to go down that path. I like A turf to only contain 1st elevens even if it means a smaller grade some years.
Don't think Richmond Union will get themselves back to a strength that they are competitive. Actually City and Union should consider a merge.
Everybody I speak to cannot work out how G I have fallen apart on field this season.
It is interesting how the clubs that rely on Poms have fallen short this season. Ashy would be unhappy with what they have emotional and financially invested of late.

I am warming to Senior Reserve concept again. It was scrapped in the past because it is an ungraded group but I think it is worth a try.
I am totally in favour of restrictions in one day games. The subbies restrictions work well and in fact I would make them 45 over games which seems to get better results. I would also like one Sat/Sun round played in late Jan or late Nov. Any play on a Sunday should start at 12. Not sure about turf rep games.
Think synthetic rep games are fine. Maybe a game between Dunstan premiers and the synthetic.

I am warming to Senior Reserve concept again. It was scrapped in the past because it is an ungraded group but I think it is worth a try.
I am totally in favour of restrictions in one day games. The subbies restrictions work well and in fact I would make them 45 over games which seems to get better results. I would also like one Sat/Sun round played in late Jan or late Nov. Any play on a Sunday should start at 12. Not sure about turf rep games.
Think synthetic rep games are fine. Maybe a game between Dunstan premiers and the synthetic.
I'm a big fan of including sat/sun games throughout the season and with an added couple of 45 over games we might be able to play everyone twice

Back