Eca

Are Bulleen over the line? Can NB click as a team and go all the way? Who will win the Dunstan medal?
Judging by the A turf standard, you would think GI and Surrey would come straight back up as I am not sure which of the A turf sides would end up playing off in a grade that has GI in it. Surrey run a little hot and cold.

Unbelievable that Skevies have been relegated with that team. On paper it is a top 6 side. Just shows that the paper doesn't play!

Yea, I'm sure Skevs are kicking themselves to finish second bottom of F Turf! In an 8 team competition you would hope to finish in at least Top 6. ;)

Although Skevs can take heart from last season. North Balwyn just avoided relegation in 2012/13 and 12 months later they are playing Finals. Bulleen were in A Turf last season and look to have one hand on Dunstan Shield but finals can produce upsets. Also many thought Heathmont would be straight back to A Turf but showed plenty in Dunstan this season.

East Doncaster look most likely to return to Dunstan Shield after just one season in A Turf. Boronia who were also relegated last season missed finals so no guarantees that clubs bounce back in just one season.

At least forecast for weekend looks reasonable at this stage.

Agree outsider. Burwood are a dark horse for the semi. Do not seem to have any stars just an even team who depending on who turns up could beat Donvale at home.
Burwood beat ED at ED I thought during the year but could not beat the Barnies this round.
Canterbury will be looking for a cameo from Greg Powick and hope they can restrict ED.
Cannot see Bulleen loosing unless a couple of players have a day out. Bulleen will play smart cricket especially at home in the semi.
My ECA insider tells me some news brewing about personnel change for next season.
I have been away but seems not everybody has performed well lately. Stay tuned.

Tipping Bulleen just over Mulgrave, Arnberger a potential thorn in Bulleen's side. I reckon Deepdene should account for Nth Balwyn.

In light of the Oscars I would like to nominate a few players/clubs in the following catagories:

(Feel Free to add nominations or categories)

Best/Loudest/most convincing Appeal: J Binney
Fastest ball: Mont Albert's young West Indian whose name escapes me
Fastest Gloves: Surrey's Wicket Keeper is a Ninja
Best Rooms: Glen Iris
Best Afternoon tea: Bulleen/Heathmont

Nicest Bloke: Most of St. Kevins and Marcellin are nice and but can't think of a particular individual
Hardest Hitter: ?
Best Arm: ?
Best outfield: Bulleen/Donvale
Best Wicket: Donvale

Biggest Mouth: J Binney
Biggest Opinion of Self: J Binney/ Frank Clarke
Best Clubrooms: Glen Iris/Burwood( had an ECA meeting there last week)
Best Afternoon tea: Used to be at the Darling RSL club for the team in LOC who play on Darling Park
Best bloke: Agreed is a tie between Marcellin and SKEVS( pity about rooms at Olney)

Best/Loudest/most convincing Appeal: Binney
Fastest ball: Ben Morris. Sharpest I've seen in quite a few years at Dunstan level.
Worst batsman to bowl to: Nitesh - very, very good hands
Best rooms: Glen Iris
Best afternoon tea: Heathmont
Best pitch: Donvale
Best outfield: Bulleen
Best blokes: Heathmont - really enjoyed their company, though closely followed by SKevs. Unlike a few others, I've always thought the Marcellin boys were stinkers.

Bulleen and North Balwyn, both relatively comfortably this weekend.

Best/most convincing appeal: Binney
Fast ball: Benny Morris
Hardest hitter: Benny Morris
Worst batsmen to bowl too: any batsmen since I don't bowl
Best rooms: Donvale or Zerbes
Best pitch: Bulleen
Best afternoon tea: Bulleen or Heathmont
Best blokes: North Balwyn, Skevies and Mont Albert

Last edited by a moderator:
If Dunstan Shield team were movies in 2013/14

Bulleen: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Deepdene Bears: Million Dollar Baby

North Balwyn: Lone Ranger

Mulgrave: The Lucky One

Hawthorn: Groundhog Day

Heathmont: The Hobbit: An unexpected journey

Ashburton Willows: anything by Micahel Bay, lots of promotion, noise and full of big bangs but left you disappointed

Mont Albert: The Hangover

Marcellin OC: Survive & Advance (ESPN 30 for 30)

St Kevin's OC: The Great Escape

Glen Iris: Falling Down

Surrey Hills: The Departed

Anybody know the details of the glen iris vs hawthorn game?
To me it looks like GI had more overs up their sleeve to bat for percentage.

Has there been a monumental stuff up?

Dunstan medal, potentially a race between

Patel 700 @ 70 and 6 wkts @ 23
Parsons 508 @ 63 and 15 wkts @ 16
Morris 423 @ 47 and 24 wkts @15

Pretty handy contributions from all 3....

Best/most convincing appeal: Binney
Fast ball: MA west indian
Worst batsmen to bowl too: Patel
Best rooms: Mulgrave or NB
Best pitch: Bulleen
Best afternoon tea: Heathmont
Best blokes: Heathmont, Skevs

Tipping Bulleen and Deepdene in a close one!

Good luck to all on the weekend!

Burwood - 5/199 vs Donvale AO 84. So 1 side now known for next season going up. As a long time player (now past player and follower) very happy with the result. I suspect other Dunstan sides will appreciate the new facilities and ground next season-second to none.

Burwood - 5/199 vs Donvale AO 84. So 1 side now known for next season going up. As a long time player (now past player and follower) very happy with the result. I suspect other Dunstan sides will appreciate the new facilities and ground next season-second to none.

Haven't been to Donvale's ground have you mate?

If Burwood and Canterbury come into Dunstan for Surrey and Glen Iris then the average ground size doesn't change much!

Heathmont and Bulleen for Boronia and East Doncaster would have upped the average a little.

Donvale's ground is lovely but I've always enjoyed batting at Burwood.

Bulleen and Deepdene Bears get through to Grand Final fairly comfortably. Who was the last club to win A Turf and Dunstan Shield in consecutive seasons?

East Doncaster and Burwood promoted to Dunstan.

Forecast for next weekend not looking good.

Back