Eca

I don't think any team in this day and age would try and pull a swifty like that. Probably just an unfortunate oversight that looks bad because of the circumstances and timing. Had it happened between two teams that could neither play finals or be relegated it wouldn't be as big a deal and would have just been sorted out when the second team went to enter their scores?

I wasn't at that game, but hard to know on the fly how much percentage you have and how much you need. when MyCricket Scoring becomes the norm all these types of things will be very clear and simple.

Good knowledge re the dropped chance that went for 6! Yes that would have made a difference, as would countless other incidents at the other games involving the lower teams throughout the year. What if's!!!
I was at delegate meeting and East Donnie were scoring and when east donnie lodged score on mycricket the site rejected score. Burwood delegate was disappoointed but cannot blame this game for relegation. Wash out after making highest score at Mullie was worst. They have a young side with more juniors coming through for their A turf year.

So to clarify, given the home side enters the scores by 7pm, I assume Burwood have done so clipping the ticket by 10 runs. And then ED have disputed result the next day as could not lodge player scores because total was too far out?

If this is true, can someone explain with so much on the line, how could a club accidently enter the wrong scores and then not speak up about it. Surely one of the club members would have realised this was wrong prior to ED raisning the flag.

I smell a rat!

What I was told was that both books had the same score which was entered by home side. When away side entered their players details the system showed an error as nothing balanced. I think it was how the extra were added which caused the problem. Home side had no influence on what happened. Umpire signed of the books which is interesting.

I was at delegate meeting and East Donnie were scoring and when east donnie lodged score on mycricket the site rejected score. Burwood delegate was disappoointed but cannot blame this game for relegation. Wash out after making highest score at Mullie was worst. They have a young side with more juniors coming through for their A turf year.
Yes they have youth coming through, but not much to write home about. More years of pain! Not sure they have enough money to keep hold of their keeper either.

To me it is a big rat!!!!!!

Surely eldridge was paid less than what he should be paid at other clubs. Should get at least 3k a year based on age, previous club and batting from this season.

Youth means nothing if they continue to fail. They end up going to the beach instead!!!!!

What was the youngest side this season as we know bulleen are the oldest?

Yes they were pretty young, as were Marcellin when I played against them. It's great to have youthful players in the mix but you have to have experienced heads to help guide them.

Ok so it's that time of year again - cast your votes on:

Best Afternoon tea

Best appeal

Fastest bowler

Hardest hitter

Nicest bloke.

Luckiest Batsman.

Best Gloveman.

Funniest Sledger.

I'd add the negative catagories too but the forum gods would just delete them.

Last edited:

Best Afternoon tea - Heathmont

Best appeal - Bindog

Fastest bowler - Morris

Hardest hitter - Crowley/Morris

Nicest bloke. - Doggy

Luckiest Batsman. - Tantsis-Hall

Best Gloveman. - Amarith

Funniest Sledger. - Cutter

Nth Balwyn's ground must be hard to bat on?

Nth Balwyn 10/73 vs Ashburton 6/53 after last rounds low scores of Mulgrave 10/122 vs Nth Balwyn 9/123

Seaming wicket? Two paced? Variable bounce?

What's the deal?

Nth Balwyn's ground must be hard to bat on?

Nth Balwyn 10/73 vs Ashburton 6/53 after last rounds low scores of Mulgrave 10/122 vs Nth Balwyn 9/123

Seaming wicket? Two paced? Variable bounce?

What's the deal?
Not sure?
Was it nerves today or bad pitches?

The ground that I was at had a lot of wickets fall with different bounce at each end and really not up to scratch from what I saw.

Best Afternoon tea- heathmont

Best appeal- doesn't matter if out give it if not get on with it

Fastest bowler- sandaradura or morris

Hardest hitter- morris, cook, tsantsis hall

Nicest bloke.- devine (not)

Luckiest Batsman.- Wilkinson

Best Gloveman.eldridge

Funniest Sledger.- who listens

Not sure?
Was it nerves today or bad pitches?

The ground that I was at had a lot of wickets fall with different bounce at each end and really not up to scratch from what I saw.
I wasn't at the Nth Balwyn / Ashburton game, just going off the scores. Nerves can play a part for sure but that's a lot of wickets for not many runs over 3.5 innings.

Poor shot selection, poor shot execution plus good bowling and a touch of bad luck is a recipe for low scores but you don't expect it to happen so frequently.

I reckon the turf had a part to play in this story.

I wasn't at the Nth Balwyn / Ashburton game, just going off the scores. Nerves can play a part for sure but that's a lot of wickets for not many runs over 3.5 innings.

Poor shot selection, poor shot execution plus good bowling and a touch of bad luck is a recipe for low scores but you don't expect it to happen so frequently.

I reckon the turf had a part to play in this story.
I was there. Bloody good day of tough cricket. As always the NB deck offered plenty. But looking at all the scores, looks like the ball controlled play for a change

With not 1 score of 200 in the top 4 grades of turf, what do we put in down to? The vagaries of semi-final cricket, the groundsmen went on strike or gold old fashioned choking. The were some very short priced favourites all who have done it tough yesterday. Looks like 1 upset in Dunstan, both A turf favourites struggled to make 150 and have real battles on their hands, in B turf the shortest priced favourite of the weekend got rolled for 91 and both c turf favourites have work to do to chase down low scores.

Back