Eca

Ash v HM - Ashy way too strong. harsh welcome to the newcomers, but HM are suited to 1 dayers.
Bull v DD - think Parsons will get the job done for the bears.
GI v SH - Glen Iris batting too strong for SH. Armstrong will tear up the bowling
Mar v Mul - Mulg too strong, should run over them easily
Haw v MA - good game, think MA will be too strong though.
StK v NB - StKevvs to get up in a close one.

Dunstan Medal - local player hopefully, Armstrong (GI) or Arnberger (Mulg).

Ash v HM - Ashy way too strong. harsh welcome to the newcomers, but HM are suited to 1 dayers.
Bull v DD - think Parsons will get the job done for the bears.
GI v SH - Glen Iris batting too strong for SH. Armstrong will tear up the bowling
Mar v Mul - Mulg too strong, should run over them easily
Haw v MA - good game, think MA will be too strong though.
StK v NB - StKevvs to get up in a close one.

Dunstan Medal - local player hopefully, Armstrong (GI) or Arnberger (Mulg).
Harsh but true??? Ever 1 is tipping bulleen but every1 forget Heathmont smashed them in the first game they played. I like tipping roughies so as much as I dislike The the hill billys I think they will win this week.

Bit quiet here today...must be a few licking their weekend wounds...

Will Surrey Hills be at all competitive this season?? Look like they could be the whipping boys...

Good win for the Bulleen boys, could almost be the team to beat this season I reckon..

Biggest surprise was north Boring!! Told you Heathmont would loss!

I didn't tip NB but I did say earlier they would be better than last season.

GI won without C Armstrong. Had it been a two dayer an outright almost would have been a certainty.

No T Yeo for Ashy Willows but F Yeo did OK. Rob Cooper starting with some runs.

It's a long season inside!! I think the correct spelling is couper not COOPER!

Silly me! He only played 200 odd games at Melbourne CC using the C O O P E R version. Ashy Willows web site also must be wrong too!

From now on I will refer to him as Rob Couper just to keep Unsavoury happy.

It's a long season inside!! I think the correct spelling is couper not COOPER!

Unsavoury, can you cast your eye over this list to make sure everything is as it should be.

Paul Cooper, played five seasons with Hawthorn FC in 1990s. Wore number 26.

Winnie Cooper, played by Danica McKellar in the Wonder Years who was Kevin Arnold's off again on again girlfriend.

Mr. Cooper, as in 'Hangin with Mr Cooper' a slightly amusing 1990s sitcom about a former NBA player who becomes a substitute teacher.

Bradley Cooper, shot to fame from The Hangover Trilogy as well as Face in the A Team movie (panned by the critics but I still rated it). Also voted sexiest man alive in 2011.

Coopers Beer, a semi decent South Australian beer that is much more drinkable than West End.

Alice Cooper, despite having a girls name this shock rocker is referred to as 'Price of Darkness'. Has released 19 solo studio albums with biggest hit Poisson, which peaked at number three on the ARIA charts in 1989.

Mini Cooper, as in the compact car. Dating back to the 1960s present day models have a certain retro charm.

I
Unsavoury, can you cast your eye over this list to make sure everything is as it should be.

Paul Cooper, played five seasons with Hawthorn FC in 1990s. Wore number 26.

Winnie Cooper, played by Danica McKellar in the Wonder Years who was Kevin Arnold's off again on again girlfriend.

Mr. Cooper, as in 'Hangin with Mr Cooper' a slightly amusing 1990s sitcom about a former NBA player who becomes a substitute teacher.

Bradley Cooper, shot to fame from The Hangover Trilogy as well as Face in the A Team movie (panned by the critics but I still rated it). Also voted sexiest man alive in 2011.

Coopers Beer, a semi decent South Australian beer that is much more drinkable than West End.

Alice Cooper, despite having a girls name this shock rocker is referred to as 'Price of Darkness'. Has released 19 solo studio albums with biggest hit Poisson, which peaked at number three on the ARIA charts in 1989.

Mini Cooper, as in the compact car. Dating back to the 1960s present day models have a certain retro charm.
I should make sure I'm right b4 posting something, hey outsider?

27c on Saturday. If you cannot play in those conditions you cannot play.
With a cut in allocation of money for Sub district clubs and Premier clubs from cricket Victoria for this season and into future we may be able to attract local players without the absurd money they ask.
My little bird tells me that Deepdene may be offered the Balwyn ground for their 1/2s instead of Deepdene park. Balwyn will set up new base at their current Balwyn road base where their 3/4 play.
This will require an upgrade and turf wickets installation on the top oval of Gordon Barnard.
Nth Balwyn Combined will be found a new home which maybe on the ground below Deepdene Burke road ground.

With a cut in allocation of money for Sub district clubs and Premier clubs from cricket Victoria for this season and into future we may be able to attract local players without the absurd money they ask.

I always thought the grant sub district clubs get from Cricket Victoria was strange ( for those not in the know a five figure amount starting with 2 per club). Basically CV are giving subbies clubs money to take a player away from CVs own competition, Premier Cricket.

Nothing against subbies clubs as most are well run but too me they are just a community association played over a larger geographical area. ECA Dunstan Shield best teams would be competitive with the middle and lower standard subbies clubs.

Throw in $700k each of the last two seasons that the Melbourne Renegades have lost ( yet would have made a profit if based in Geelong) club cricket is missing out.

That's just my 2 cents.

I always thought the grant sub district clubs get from Cricket Victoria was strange ( for those not in the know a five figure amount starting with 2 per club). Basically CV are giving subbies clubs money to take a player away from CVs own competition, Premier Cricket.

Nothing against subbies clubs as most are well run but too me they are just a community association played over a larger geographical area. ECA Dunstan Shield best teams would be competitive with the middle and lower standard subbies clubs.

Throw in $700k each of the last two seasons that the Melbourne Renegades have lost ( yet would have made a profit if based in Geelong) club cricket is missing out.

That's just my 2 cents.

You guys would compete with the top of the Subbies teams mate. I played in to VTCA SOUTH so not even the highest division and am now playing for a Subbies club that made the top 6 last year and no offense to my new club but on paper I think my old club would flog them. Like you said though very well ran have heaps of people around the club helping out and a great atmosphere in the rooms after training and games.

of the south and eastern subbies clubs Mont albert would only be a competitive or beat Box Hill, Balwyn, Mt Waverley. They would get flogged by the moneyed clubs in the games I have seen.
Cannot comment on the west/north clubs but wonder how many ECA bowlers would like to face Allen from Melton or Ayers from out west

I've never seen a subbies game. Is the standard close to Dunstan is it? IMO a lot of ECA sides would be competitive talent wise with some district sides, but the fitness and fielding would be heaps better at district and that might be the difference.

I've played and watched plenty of both, and no Dunstan team would get near any subbies team in the top half of either of their ladders. No doubt there are plenty of good players, and good clubs, in the ECA, but the depth at the better subbies clubs would just be too strong.

Back