Eca

Just going through the scores and some interesting results. Marc already lost which will be great for Bulleen if it pours all week. SH go from all out for 48 to making 244. GI had MA on toast but it looks like they got away from them. NB's Patel makes 139 out of 260 - don't know him but whatever he's earning, double it. I hear the Mully wicket was a little sub par, but Skevs weren't great. It'll be an interesting run chase on a wet one. Runs on the board this week look like it'll be the key.

Very interesting...
Looks like some great recoveries from MA and NB with recruits Joslin and Patel standing up when they are needed. Also, Campbell from Mulgrave, word is that stewards have called for an inquiry after his 7/40. He's almost taken more wickets than last year and that was in LOC and B turf!
Interesting that most of the home sides batted first (especially Heathmont) and with showers around could be interesting to see what wickets are prepared! Amazing how often the local showers hit Heathmont!
Also on a quirky note, in perfect weather, funny how Bulleen have already beaten Marcellin in Dunstan but in B turf Marcellin have already beaten Bulleen...And with Dinneen taking wickets in B, one wonders if the ECA will investigate them for tanking in Dunstan...

Weather could make this week very interesting. Couple of teams will be hoping for the draw, and perhaps their first points of the season.

Bulleen have the points wrapped up, so may hope for a league wide wash out and take the 3 point jump on everyone. Mind you, they may also back themselves to claim the 4 point gap with an outright? Win/Win for them!

St Kevins appear to be the real disappointment to start the season and appear destined for another loss - would be praying for rain. How does a teenager who struggled last year, take 7 for against a finals contender? I believe he was 15 last year? solid performance bowling 21 overs!

Surrey, NB and MA all have 200 plus on the board - always a good platform, especially if the wickets have a little in them this week.

Patel - massive innings, run out too batting with the tail! Could have had 200 in him. North Balwyn appear to be a very solid side this season, could surprise many teams!

Looks like the team I played for last season won't be chasing down the runs this weekend. The flogs still hadn't put the covers down when I drove past this afternoon!

An outright win pushes last year's A turf premiers ahead. Rain ruins much of the round and gives Bulleen a handy buffer.

Dad's army still has a few guns?

Certainly shakes up a few of the preconceived notions as to who can push for the top 4.

Next round becomes very interesting.

Washout was a bad result for the teams who had good scores on the board. NB, MA etc. Shocking result for Ashy - losing badly to SH. Might be an open year this year, bit like last year. Bulleen would be unlucky to miss finals already. 16 points after 2 rds and 7 points clear of 2nd (I think). Playing was a godsend for them.

Great effort by the lad at North Balwyn with 2 100's to his name in three hits and being just short of 300 runs already.

Sound piece of recruiting.

So far there have been three 100's made and a 7 wicket haul. Some very good individual performances to start the year.

Looks like there were both good and sub par batting results this week. An interesting second week awaits!

No shock with result at Heathmont! Covers no doubt were off all day Friday!

Great too see NB doing so well. Many commentators on this forum have slagged them off numerous times. First Skevies, made a good score v DB, now a commanding performance against the Premiers!

No shock with result at Heathmont! Covers no doubt were off all day Friday!

Great too see NB doing so well. Many commentators on this forum have slagged them off numerous times. First Skevies, made a good score v DB, now a commanding performance against the Premiers!

How's your spring carnival going Trump? Enjoying the freedom to get to the races? Got the itch to squeeze into the creams yet?

North Balwyn have done well with their recruiting. Having a batsman with first class experience in local (highly competitive) cricket is a big plus and he has provided the goods thus far. I look forward to seeing him play when we cross paths.

How's your spring carnival going Trump? Enjoying the freedom to get to the races? Got the itch to squeeze into the creams yet?

North Balwyn have done well with their recruiting. Having a batsman with first class experience in local (highly competitive) cricket is a big plus and he has provided the goods thus far. I look forward to seeing him play when we cross paths.

No holding back on the boards today!

I've played against Old Carey in my time and I've not found them any weaker mentally than any other team. Individual players are often susceptible to "mental disintegration" but it would be something for a whole team to fall under such a spell.

I bet you enjoyed playing on the manicured lawns of Old Carey!!!!
I think Bill Lawry is more of a chance of pulling on the creams than me. Apart from winning on the punt, it's amazing what I have missed out on whilst chasing the little red ball around on a hot Saturday arvo!

It's funny seeing a Glen Iris player slagging off another club about being mentally weak, especially after finishing top 2 in the last 3 years in Dunstan and not even making the big dance once!

What are you saying? Old Carey don't offer a lot of competition, or are all the other grounds not up to standard?
Think he meant other grounds not up to standard. Marcellin across the road is very good too.

Personally I think Boroondara do a pretty good job with their grounds. Key is to be allocated a curator on their staff list, not one of the contractors.

Compare grounds in Boroondara to Stonnington and it's Chalk and Cheese.

Back