Eca

Could be disruptive to next season then. I played a game of footy at Balwyns ground once but I can't remember if it was large or small.

Never heard anything of this...I believe that Deepdene Park is going to become synthetic soon (and kept as a junior ground only) due to complaints from residents adjoining the ground.. but never anything about a move of the deck to Balwyn

Sorry, had heard that Canterbury had been floated to move to Balwyn, with Deepdene just keeping Stradbroke, and maybe getting a turf wicket on that bottom area.
A lot of these discussions have been hypothetical, Camberwell Magpies also thrown up to move at one stage to somewhere less likely to have balls on the road.

Who are the likely clubs to play off in Dunstan and A Turf? Who are shaping up as the ones to be relegated?
We should know where it sits after this Round? Any predictions?

North Balwyn and Deepdene look to be the ones to beat this year in Dunstan. Despite them loosing to NB earlier in the year Cashdeen look the ones to beat

Massive weekend with 2 games being played. Burwood need to win and be in the game. My prediction is heathmont and Marcellin on the bottom after Sunday. East Doncaster could sneak into 4th if Bulleen lose. Relegation the big weekend with the bottom 5 playing against each other. Mulgrave would be desperate for a win or they get relegated.

Will have to wait till Sunday night to know

A turf must be very ordinary this season looking at the ladder. Could play finals when should be low on the ladder (not many wins) compared to years gone by

What an enormous weekend. Mulgrave getting the win they needed, East Donny getting up into the four and Ashy knocking off North Balwyn. Marcellin look in strife.

Looks like my prediction is correct. Heathmont struggling, skobs easily unless Morris plays a blinder!!!! Will the pitch get watered?
Why didn't the old boys try to get a few more runs and look for an early win and a chance of outright against ma?

Would have been a nervous wait for the scores to come through down at rathmines. Hawks look to be safe, just.
St kevs could be very unlucky if North Melbourne can manage to roll through mont albert twice.

Looks like my prediction is correct. Heathmont struggling, skobs easily unless Morris plays a blinder!!!! Will the pitch get watered?
Why didn't the old boys try to get a few more runs and look for an early win and a chance of outright against ma?
Morris is capable but needs support. The big guy Cook can also score big but do they have any other major contributors?

Can Burwood defend 150 on that little ground? Very nervous times ahead for Heathmont and Burwood. marcellin in strife too.

Concerns with the wicket at North Balwyn?

Will Bulleen pulverise M.A. Enough?

What do you guys think of Cricket Victoria's turf cricket zones proposal bringing Subbies in with us?

Morris is capable but needs support. The big guy Cook can also score big but do they have any other major contributors?

Can Burwood defend 150 on that little ground? Very nervous times ahead for Heathmont and Burwood. marcellin in strife too.

Concerns with the wicket at North Balwyn?

Will Bulleen pulverise M.A. Enough?

What do you guys think of Cricket Victoria's turf cricket zones proposal bringing Subbies in with us?

If I was a part of a Dunstan or A Turf club I would be saying Preston and Plenty Valley out before I would get on board. They are not Eastern suburbs and travelling there would be a nightmare on gameday. According to the Subbies Forum, 23 out of 28 Subbies clubs are against the change and the other 5 are undecided...

If I was a part of a Dunstan or A Turf club I would be saying Preston and Plenty Valley out before I would get on board. They are not Eastern suburbs and travelling there would be a nightmare on gameday. According to the Subbies Forum, 23 out of 28 Subbies clubs are against the change and the other 5 are undecided...

JUst out of curiosity how does the general standard in ECA compare to Subbies or diamond valley CA in northern suburbs?

Does the depth drop off after A grade?

JUst out of curiosity how does the general standard in ECA compare to Subbies or diamond valley CA in northern suburbs?

Does the depth drop off after A grade?

I have no idea about DVCA, couldn't comment. Subbies 1st XI's, and each XI after that, play each other, there is no promotion or relegation, just 1s, 2s, 3s and 4s. Everyone has 4 teams, compulsory. There are stronger clubs and weaker clubs. The stronger clubs have multiple ex Premier 1s players and I am talking ex Captains, ex Ryder Medallists, Scholes Medallists, top Premier 1s players. I don't think many Dunstan clubs would be finals chances in Subbies but others might disagree. That being said, I don't think it is particularly good for ECA cricket to have 8 subbies clubs lobbed into top flight and only two Dunstan clubs get a crack. Preston and Plenty Valley don't belong geographically, Plenty will probably get the Premier vacancy so that will solve that. Get rid of Preston too, 6/4 split, probably fair if that is what ECA want to do.

Back