England In India

Re: England In India

I see it going one of a few ways. The main ones are that he plays, gets smashed around and it either sets him back for 'x' amount of years or he learns from it and comes back an even better player. Which one happens is going to be down to the type of person he is, hopefully the latter.

He needs to keep on learning no matter what, Monty has become static, he's not really moved on and it's hampering England. Maybe it's down to the early success he had. Personally, I don't think it's down to lack of desire so maybe he's reached his peak? We need to make sure that the same doesn't happen to Rashid or whoever is the next big spin sensation to turn up.

We should just play every test at Old Trafford to help Monty.

He is of course hampered by the fact he is a finger spinner in the modern age and he is unable or unwilling to chuck a wrong un.

Rashid is the way to go if we want to be number one I think.

Vettori has done well. But remember he offers fielding and batting too. Had he not been from New Zealand he may well not be playing now as his batting has only developed in the second half of his career. Monty has a comparable bowling career to him (indeed his career at this stage compares very well to some greats of the game). Its just I feel he wont develop the same way.

Indian batsman will thrash these England spinners . THe only spinner which troubled India was Mendis .

Cook
Strauss
Bell
Pietersen
Collingwood
Flintoff
Prior
Swann
Harmison
Anderson
Panesar

Not sure how bad Collingwood's form has to be before he gets dropped for Shah.

England won the toss and elected to bat first ... England have a good oppurtunity to win this match ........

India
Sehwag
Gambhir
Dravid
Tendulkar
Laxman
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Harbhajan
Khan
Mishra
Sharma

England
Cook
Strauss
Bell
Pietersen
Flintoff
Collingwood
Prior
Swann
Harmison
Anderson
Panesar

England 0/42 off 18 overs.
Strauss 14*
Cook 27*

Great start from England so far, albeit a little slow.

The more they get without losing wickets, the more impressive the collapse will be.

I can see it going from 160-1 to 250 all out.

3/190 at the moment, England are doing okay. Pietersen out for 4 about ten minutes ago to Zaheer Khan, caught and bowled. He has two wickets but has been involved in all three dismissals, taking the catch to get rid of Alistair Cook.

Strauss has batted well and is 107 not out, he has more than half of England's total. Collingwood is on 7.

Collingwood caught at short leg despite not hitting it. He's out for nine and Harbhajan has two wickets now.

4/200, Flintoff on five and Strauss is 109 not out.

at 204/4 anything can happen

Strauss really is batting well, he can play anywhere that man.

I still think they'll hit the collapse button shortly, Flintoff will hang around, but he'll get out to Harbhajan and then it'll collapse.

India should win this match, if they don't then the matches against Australia mean nothing to anyone anymore.

Just think that a year ago Strauss couldnt get a game for England, was struggling for his county and thought his international career was over. Wasnt he one of the fastest to 1000 runs or 2000 for England or ever?

Strauss out for 123, Mishra got the important breakthrough.

So, at 5 down, Anderson is sent in as a night watchman. :rolleyes:

One of the craziest decisions sending in Anderson at 5 down with 7 overs left.

Back