English Premier League

Re: English Premier League

I'm ambivalent toward Reading.
They have a few Yanks, so they can't be
all that bad.

honestly, I don't HATE any clubs. It's usually
the supporters of certain clubs that irritate me.

SouthSwans;174216 said:
Onya Reading. Jens' performance was outstanding.

My boys werent very convincing in their win over Villa... still points are points.
Don't you "hate" soccer South ??

Meh.

Carn my Blue Boy's, well beat Man Yoo in the Derby !!

If there is any region, I guess I cheer for just a little bit
in England, it would be the south/southcoast.

my english ancestors span from cornwall all the way east.

i hope the manchester derby is good. i look forward to seeing
the highlights.

Tottenham got their first win of the year defeatig Derby 4-0. Melbranque got 2 goals in the first 6 minutes with Jenas and Bent getting the other two goals.

Aston Villa and Newcastle played out a nill-all draw.

West Ham defeated Birmingham 1-0 with Mark Noble converting a 70th minute penalty.

Middlesbrough visited Fulham and returned home with a 2-1 win. Fulham's Brian McBride scored after 16 minutes but then Mido scored early in the second half before Lee Cattermole got the 88th minute winner.

Reading got a 1-0 home win against Everton to continue there good run. Stephen Hunt was the scorer, scoring in the 44th minute.

Wigan who just avoided relegation last year smashed newcomers Sunderland 3-0. Emile Heskey scored in the 19th minute and Denny Landzaat and Denny Landzaat both converted penalties.

i'm shattered, united have dominated and city not looking like scoring have scored. Giovanni scoring in the 31st minute

Younginator;174836 said:
Don't you "hate" soccer South ??

Meh.

Carn my Blue Boy's, well beat Man Yoo in the Derby !!
I do, but it's a different kind of hate. It's more of a fearful hate rather than a hateful hate. Where I hate the sport in the fact that it is threatening the other two football codes in Australia, you can't get more passionate than watching it in a bar, and 'sport-related passion' is basically all I do so yeah that's my long-winded explaination.

I think that's kind of stupid. Nothing will head football off in the country, and most likely it will cause the AFL to clean up their act. The A-league isn't on the same level as even the Championship, But it is getting there. Anything that can displace rugby has to be good no ? :D

bad form from united, aresenal had a 1-1 draw with blackburn thanks once again to pathetic keeping from jens lehman of aresenal, chelsea and liverpool also had a 1-1 draw because of a poor refeering decision gifting chelsea a penlty

on the upside my dream team is going along well :)

Younginator;175152 said:
I think that's kind of stupid. Nothing will head football off in the country, and most likely it will cause the AFL to clean up their act. The A-league isn't on the same level as even the Championship, But it is getting there. Anything that can displace rugby has to be good no ? :D
I'm actually a big fan of league. I'm one of those to promote the code down here.

Fair enough, But competition that can actually challenge the two codes will overall make it better IMO. They will have to raise their game, making it better for the fans.

Younginator;175362 said:
Fair enough, But competition that can actually challenge the two codes will overall make it better IMO. They will have to raise their game, making it better for the fans.
Yeah but that's why we have cricket :p. I'm happy to support soccer, just not soccer in Australia. That's just how I feel anyway... :eek:

liverpool ended up winning 2-0 with voronin scoring in the 87th minute.

Chelsea defeated Portsmouth 1-0 with Lampard once again scoring. He scored in the 31st minute.

Arsenal defeat Man City 1-0. Robin Van Persie missed a penalty in the 67th minute before Fabregas goaled in the 80th.

Birmingham defeated Derby 2-1. Jerome got two goals for Birmingham in the 1st and 63rd minutes. The goalscorer for Derby was Oakley in the 51st minute.

Aston Villa beat Fulham 2-1. Dempsey got a 6th minute goal for Fulham before Fulham's Zat Knight scored an own goal in the 51st minute. Then in the 68th minute Baird from Fulham got sent off. In the 90th minute Maloney scored for Aston Villa giving them victory.

West Ham and Wigan had a 1-1 draw. For Wigan Scharner scored in the 78th minute whilst for West Ham Bowyer scored in the 81st minute.

Bolton got their first win of the year defeating Reading 3-0. Speed scored in the 32nd minute, Anelka in the 55th and Braaten in the 90th.

Everton and Blackburn played out a 1-1 draw. Blackburn's Santa Cruz scored in the 15th minute and Everton's McFadden scored in the 78th minute.

Back