Favourite ground in NZ

usalion

Favourite ground in NZ

Know we have a lot of aussies on here, and asking your favourite ground in Australia is likely to degenereate into a bun fight...so head across the ditch and tell us your favourite ground in the land of the silver fern.... Carrisbrook, Lancaster Park (whatever they call it now), Eden Park....which one?

For me, it is Basin reserve- love the open feel about it, even with the wind blowing. Never saw a test match there, but saw some domestic and one day international stuff. Great ground, with a nice museum on Kiwi cricket.

Re: Favourite ground in NZ

I am with you on this one usa. Unfortunately I have not venture across to our nearest neighbours but my old man has down a fair bit of travelling around the country and swears its hard to find a place more beautiful then basin reserve.

Eden Park is way too much inclosed

Some pictures:

52311102_d79b28b08d.jpg

52313627_c2427c9eff.jpg

Thanks for the idea usalion might put one of these on the main board but a bit different if thats alright?

I've been to Lancaster Park in Christchurch to see a game of cricket back in 1992! Sat in the sun on the grass iirc, to watch Canterbury & Chris Cairns smack some other side in a one-dayer!

It was good value.

Edit: which became Jade and now AMI Stadium ;)

Haven't been to NZ yet but on tv I like watching games at Eden Park due to the unusual dimensions of the playing field.

all the grounds are about 5 feet wide in NZ aren't they?

Eden Park by a long long way

eden park because it is like a 15 minute walk from my nan's house and the fact that it is the only ground i have actually seen

Back