Future International Stars?

Sorry for the late reply, hes a Right-arm fast-medium and plays for England under 15's. Very young but looks very good from what I hear. Won player of the month foir Lancashire and plays for their under 15's

No worries. Wow that's young! I guess it's too early to tell but exciting stuff anyway. :)

No worries. Wow that's young! I guess it's too early to tell but exciting stuff anyway. :)

Yeah it will be interesting to see if he continues and shapes up to be what many hope, or falls by the wayside by getting involved in the ladies and taking his eye off his sport....it happens alot.

Yeah it will be interesting to see if he continues and shapes up to be what many hope, or falls by the wayside by getting involved in the ladies and taking his eye off his sport....it happens alot.

I suppose so haha. There are plenty more reasons for him not succeeding like he could though.

Adam Zampa. Bowls good leg breaks for the Sydney Thunder in the BBL and is only 20 years old. Looking the goods at the moment.

Chiteshwar Pujara looks most promising to me. He is technically correct and has good temperament. I also like bhuvneshwar kumar he can be the best bowler of India in times to come.

Agreed. Ashton looks promising, appears to have picked off some handy techniques from Michael Beer but certainly bowling his own style. Does alot with the ball. Good to see he gets an opportunity in a warm-up match with the Australians in India.

Sam Whiteman is another up and comer through WACA. Exceptional keeper and talented with the bat. Still inconsistent but he will get better with experience.

I see that Agar's stay in India has been extended through to the main warm up match this weekend.

Interesting.

I reckon the Blackcaps have found a great quickie in Mitch McClenaghan. I'd love to see him play in the Test series against England.

The problem with the up-and-coming Aussie stars is that the selectors seem to be desperate to find the "next big star" and are prematurely fast-tracking a lot of players to the first XI and Development teams without them having played a lot of First Class cricket. It's a little troubling.

I reckon the Blackcaps have found a great quickie in Mitch McClenaghan. I'd love to see him play in the Test series against against England.

Yeah he looks the goods but I don't see why he needs to be rushed into the Test side when NZ's bowling stocks are strong. Hope his injury isn't to bad!

Hope his injury isn't to (sic) bad!
ugh, yeah. Just got home and read the Cricinfo comms. Hopefully he won't have to bat tonight.

Yeah he looks the goods but I don't see why he needs to be rushed into the Test side when NZ's bowling stocks are strong.
Perhaps, but Marto (sadly) won't be around for much longer, and the left-arm McClenaghan (are all fast bowlers named 'Mitch' left-armers?! Johnson, Starc, McClenaghan.) adds valuable variation and handy pace. He might not have to be fast-tracked, but it's great knowing he's in the arsenal.

Edit: I also notice that Kane Williamson is only 22 years old! I can also see him staying around for a long time and making a big name for himself.

ugh, yeah. Just got home and read the Cricinfo comms. Hopefully he won't have to bat tonight.

Perhaps, but Marto (sadly) won't be around for much longer, and the left-arm McClenaghan (are all fast bowlers named 'Mitch' left-armers?! Johnson, Starc, McClenaghan.) adds valuable variation and handy pace. He might not have to be fast-tracked, but it's great knowing he's in the arsenal.

Edit: I also notice that Kane Williamson is only 22 years old! I can also see him staying around for a long time and making a big name for himself.

Yeah McClenaghan is certainly one for the future but at the moment NZ has Southee, Bracewell, Boult and Wagner who are all in form in Plunket Shield cricket who have also proven themselves at an international level in the whites. That's why I think he shouldn't be rushed but it looks like the injury is going to take it out of the question for now anyway.

Sad for Marto...he doesn't get much credit for being the spearhead for NZ's bowling attack for so many years.

Edit: Wagner hasn't proven himself yet but he is in form at domestic level.

Yeah he looks the goods but I don't see why he needs to be rushed into the Test side when NZ's bowling stocks are strong. Hope his injury isn't to bad!

I agree, sometimes its about nurturing talent and giving them time to grow before throwing them into an international. Whilst NZ have strong options, why put him in to see how he fares, it could knock his confidence and cause issues in the long run.

I agree, sometimes its about nurturing talent and giving them time to grow before throwing them into an international. Whilst NZ have strong options, why put him in to see how he fares, it could knock his confidence and cause issues in the long run.

Agreed. He's picked up a decent injury to take him out of contention anyway. A shame for someone who's peaking right from the start of his international career.

Back