Geelong Addy Petition (Crap write Ups)

ToThePavilion

Geelong Addy Petition (Crap write Ups)

I thought that if we get this going then maybe we can send them the link and show how bad the cricket sections of the addy are to the cricketers of Geelong..... :mad:

Re: Geelong Addy Petition (Crap write Ups)

ToThePavilion;278840 said:
I thought that if we get this going then maybe we can send them the link and show how bad the cricket sections of the addy are to the cricketers of Geelong..... :mad:
your really bored aren't you???:D....your leggos still love you!!!!

thevetran;278865 said:
your really bored aren't you???:D....your leggos still love you!!!!

Now who is the smart arse, last year was leggo's im now up to macarno. . . failed finger painting at primary school, ended up using a brush. :(

ok, I think we all agree that the Addy cannot get any worse in their local cricket coverage than what they are right now. So they can only go up !! I am not sure what it is about local cricket but they just do not give it a look in. I am pretty sure that more people would play cricket locally across the region compared to football due to most clubs having at least four teams, so you would think we would get the same coverage as local footy, but we get zilch. Local footy has a lift out section, local cricket has a section that if you blink you would miss. Imagine how good it would be with having 3-4 games from each division having a proper right up like the footy, a few more photos in there to be able to fine players with !! All would be good. Even the Geelong News has gone off the boil, and have replaced cricket with some little Ath's column. It is all so disappointing and no wonder everyone hops onto this site to catch up on local action. Maybe we need a thread just for match reports, and maybe even previews for the games. One person can be used to do the match report for their side.

gca_ipl;278895 said:
ok, I think we all agree that the Addy cannot get any worse in their local cricket coverage than what they are right now. So they can only go up !! I am not sure what it is about local cricket but they just do not give it a look in. I am pretty sure that more people would play cricket locally across the region compared to football due to most clubs having at least four teams, so you would think we would get the same coverage as local footy, but we get zilch. Local footy has a lift out section, local cricket has a section that if you blink you would miss. Imagine how good it would be with having 3-4 games from each division having a proper right up like the footy, a few more photos in there to be able to fine players with !! All would be good. Even the Geelong News has gone off the boil, and have replaced cricket with some little Ath's column. It is all so disappointing and no wonder everyone hops onto this site to catch up on local action. Maybe we need a thread just for match reports, and maybe even previews for the games. One person can be used to do the match report for their side.
top idea that!!;)

gca_ipl;278895 said:
Great Idea that!!! Serious previews and match reports!!! Maybe start a thread for GCA 1, one for GCA 2, one for BPCA, and One for GCA 3. The reports will be better than the dribble that used to come out of the Addy anyway!!

If some of you do decide to write up your own match previews/reviews and they are half decent, I'll be happy to put some up on the main site page (if you like).

Would give you guys a bit more exposure as well.

i got sick of hteir crap and rang and spoke to the sports desk last monday. told them what everyone thinks and that they should look at this thread, also that we were all going to tell our clubs massive no buy mondays if they dont lift their game. i dont think the give a shit. if pepeol in hear arent too scared to divulge their identitys and clubs maybe we can have a report on each game. im up for it.

Unfortunatley the journo's that write in the paper are new to the paer aprt from one who is a little bit busier than most because of his commitments to other papers and a national cricket magazine. Was rather excited when he returned but unfortunatley there doesnt seem to be much happening.

I have just written to the editor lets see if anything happens or it gets published

Just writing to view my concerns for local cricket. Every Monday and Friday mornings I look forward to walking out the front door and getting the local Addy to have a look at the cricket section. Unfortunately over the past couple of years local cricket write-ups have dwindled. As much as I love my footy and enjoy reading all the write ups of local football, unfortunately once again 100's of cricketers in the Geelong region get disappointed in what we read. Don’t know what is going on at the Addy or if there is a budget but with the 20 pages on the cats and local footy in winter im sure a liftout of 4-5 pages on local cricket and the Geelong Cricket Club would be great and I know for a fact there would be 100’s of cricketers very happy with the outcome.
Give us a go

Well we know the GA are ready this forum so if they are then read this.

You guys down at the GA need to have a good look at yourselves because the shite you guys are writing deserves to be in the ECHO instead of the GA. Bring back jast years Journo's atleast they new how to do a good local cricket spread. GA just lazy leave the other crap in for 'Around the Grounds' on a wednesday.

No idea. . . .:mad:

also there reports on court cases are complete lies, (i know its not cricket but if you've ever had a write up after a court report you'd know wat im talking about)

tim finnigan;289879 said:
also there reports on court cases are complete lies, (i know its not cricket but if you've ever had a write up after a court report you'd know wat im talking about)

stop your sooking

tim finnigan;289879 said:

do the crime and then pay the big fine

wiseoldman;289902 said:
do the crime and then pay the big fine

didnt commit the crime but now ive finnally had to resort to seeling my body on ackland st st kilda to pay for this unjust fine

but in all seriousness i know that if most blokes are like me, you only buy the addy for the cricket write ups on friday or monday (or footy write ups in winter) and to charge the same price as the herald sun is the biggest joke ive heard for awhile!.

But ive told a few mates who play cricket round the geelong area that if they wanna get good info and match details that they should come on here instead of worrying bout the sh*t they print in the abbletiser.

Seriously this thread is pretty fu**in good it just seems a few blokes might be a little shitty bout not getting a good write up in the addy if they make some runs or take some wickets? i could be wrong tho...

Does anyone know who this Muppet Joel Cresswell is who writes for the Addy? Last week he's quoting comments out of this forum for the paper(what a joke that was how could you take that write up serious) and today he can't even get the name right for the picture in the Addy:confused: surely someone writing on local cricket in Geelong would know who Brad Haunestien is........

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;290478 said:
Does anyone know who this Muppet Joel Cresswell is who writes for the Addy? Last week he's quoting comments out of this forum for the paper(what a joke that was how could you take that write up serious) and today he can't even get the name right for the picture in the Addy:confused: surely someone writing on local cricket in Geelong would know who Brad Haunestien is........

i saw that pic of brad and thought, the crappertiser strikes again. cant even recognize geelongs best and they let him have a column, another joke.:confused::confused:

Was having a look at all the old posts over the past couple of seasons whan i saw this topic. Very interested if the GA make a vast improvement on last years pissy write ups we all loved and hated last year. Just hoping for a good year for the cricketers to have a coffee and a doughnut and a read of the local paper on a monday and friday. . . .

So BPCA get a full page write up on the season ahead in todays addy. Tomorrow is Friday GCA 1, 2 and 3 will most likely only have write ups on the matches ahead this weekend. Can someone please remind the Geelong Advertiser what the number one league of cricket is in Geelong?

EDIT: Forgot to add it, it was a decent write up

Back