Geelong Addy Petition (Crap write Ups)

Re: Geelong Addy Petition (Crap write Ups)

fineleg2fineleg;369375 said:
What a disgrace the Addy is. Who gives a rat’s toss about Bathurst???
The GCA is never going to take over from footy, we all know that, but Bathurst, you have to be kidding me.
Are the teams even in the paper??
Apart from Breenys articles mid week, the whole thing has got worse. Surely this is now up to the GCA to promote its own comp or are they to busy cancelling this week’s games and fighting amongst themselves??

well i think they got it right today...pretty good spread....all the info is there
well done!!!!!!!

Is there any other sporting weekends coming up, if there is im sure Geelong Cricket we get the ass again. . . I think the Australian Ping Pong Championships are coming up in 2 weeks which will have a 5 page spread. . . LOL :)

Watching Closely;369952 said:
Is there any other sporting weekends coming up, if there is im sure Geelong Cricket we get the ass again. . . I think the Australian Ping Pong Championships are coming up in 2 weeks which will have a 5 page spread. . . LOL :)

I dont reckon its even that bad
What do you want? 2 pages on each comp?

Just heard that there will be a 700 page photo liftout of Gary Ablett walking his dog this week

Second XI At Best;370039 said:
I thought it was fairly decent today...making progress...like they actually decided to try a little bit.

I agree, but still a lot of work to do. Remember we have that Bike tour soon, hopefully they have a lift out for that (as they should - world event). and don't go light on our cricket. :rolleyes:

Have to say that the cricket show is good but would like to see as much time on each division as BPCA get. That being said time is a hugh factor in TV land. :D

it seems the donkeys down at the addy are reading our site boys. todays write up was how it used to be if not better, that in my opinion is the minimum standard. bloody god work for once addy, keep it up and you will get no complaints. Maybe you could give a bit more to bpca and div 3 but othe rthan that, bloody first class effort.

crktluva;371184 said:
it seems the donkeys down at the addy are reading our site boys. todays write up was how it used to be if not better, that in my opinion is the minimum standard. bloody god work for once addy, keep it up and you will get no complaints. Maybe you could give a bit more to bpca and div 3 but othe rthan that, bloody first class effort.

Now all they have to worry about is getting the right names to the photos:eek:

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;371212 said:
Now all they have to worry about is getting the right names to the photos:eek:
and right names for the players that there talking about..... shaun kingwell... now stuart kingwell.. well done addy... uve only mentioned his name as 1 of north geelongs up and comers for the past 3 weeks now.. wen he does something good on game day u bring out stuart kingwell

i think st albans are now paying opposition captains as well. what did ya pay him to say that;). as for the name errors boys i think we all need walk bef ore we run,but al in all its the best report in years you would have to say.

crktluva;371221 said:
i think st albans are now paying opposition captains as well. what did ya pay him to say that;). as for the name errors boys i think we all need walk bef ore we run,but al in all its the best report in years you would have to say.

yes, totally agree. Just saw it tonight at the parents place, now it looks like I will have to go back to buying the Addy monday mornings with that sort of coverage !! Now all we need is to get clubs to fill in the results in My Cricket correctly prior to Sunday with who caught the catches and took the wickets, and also just send through a few updated club logo's and all would be right. I actually did laugh at a couple of the logo's that were attempted !! But again nice try by the Addy and I look forward to see the coverage get better as the year goes on !!

crktluva;371221 said:
I think he might of been trying put the mozz on us:D

cheer_cheer;371240 said:
yes, totally agree. Just saw it tonight at the parents place, now it looks like I will have to go back to buying the Addy monday mornings with that sort of coverage !! Now all we need is to get clubs to fill in the results in My Cricket correctly prior to Sunday with who caught the catches and took the wickets, and also just send through a few updated club logo's and all would be right. I actually did laugh at a couple of the logo's that were attempted !! But again nice try by the Addy and I look forward to see the coverage get better as the year goes on !!

I liked the Geelong West logo, and the purple and gold Thomson logo last week:D

I agree the write ups are getting better...although, did we play Thomson on the week end???? not sure as no mention about us (NDCC) other than the match tiltle. :rolleyes:

great preview today, pfft, not. just when ya think they have seen the light. hope mondays review is better.

Hard Hitter;371249 said:
I agree the write ups are getting better...although, did we play Thomson on the week end???? not sure as no mention about us (NDCC) other than the match tiltle. :rolleyes:

so ya have a whinge about the addy and next thing there out to ya club doin full page spreads with photos. could have brushed ya hair at least.:D

crktluva;371849 said:
so ya have a whinge about the addy and next thing there out to ya club doin full page spreads with photos. could have brushed ya hair at least.:D

Ha, thought the article was good and well written. :)

The actual Cricket coverage was pretty ordinary, could have used less space on the Vics loss and more on local cricket. :rolleyes:

Hard Hitter;371861 said:
Ha, thought the article was good and well written. :)

The actual Cricket coverage was pretty ordinary, could have used less space on the Vics loss and more on local cricket. :rolleyes:

If I remember correctly the local football coverage on a Friday was never much more than maybe one or two stories on the match of the round. I think as long as the Monday coverage continues on from last week we would have to be happy.

There's not a whole lot you can write about pre-game, other than generic comments like 'look out for player x to put the pressure on team y with his batting and/or bowling', and so forth. I can see why they choose to omit that in favour of general cricket-related stories (ie: The one about Newcomb today). All the specific match-related stuff is much more suited to Mondays.

Back