Geelong Addy Petition (Crap write Ups)

Re: Geelong Addy Petition (Crap write Ups)

ants14;367645 said:
So BPCA get a full page write up on the season ahead in todays addy. Tomorrow is Friday GCA 1, 2 and 3 will most likely only have write ups on the matches ahead this weekend. Can someone please remind the Geelong Advertiser what the number one league of cricket is in Geelong?

EDIT: Forgot to add it, it was a decent write up

Agree ants, if they dont follow up the GCA 1 with at least the same, they are a joke. Mind you, in typical crappertiser fashion, they got plenty of it wrong, again.

they should have a page each for gca 1,2 & 3 and a seperate page for bpca

I like how they had two different match reports with two different scores for Waurn Ponds v Highton

waynewayne;368727 said:
What did everyone think of the articles in todays addy?
Better than last year imo

I'm going to flat be honest. I don't understand why they write articles which are three quarters quotes from one of the captains, rather than explaining how the game actually went. Instead of getting that many quotes from someone, why not simply write the same amount for each game, which at least gets across the point about what happened, rather than just looking at the scorebook and picking someone out who top scored, yet might not have even batted well. Know what I mean? Having said that, it is already better than last year, I just hope they keep improving week after week.

Just this quote "There was no play in the matches between South Barwon v Geelong West and Newtown & Chilwell v Grovedale due to the home clubs being unable to have a wicket ready by Saturday.
At this stage the points between these clubs will be shared, although some reports suggest there is a possibility the GCA will be looking further into the circumstances surrounding both cancelled fixtures."

Not sure what the some reports suggesting ....... is but other than a couch square not getting the warmer September weather on it as per other seasons there is not much circumstance to look into ?? I would have thought a final being affected by rain and not getting a result would have been much more important than a round one fixture, and nothing was looked into with a final wash out when other grounds played ?? Hmmm, something strange about that one !!

It is the home club's responsibilty to design and build a weather machine if needed. South Barwon should be stripped of all points

a for effort;368793 said:
It is the home club's responsibilty to design and build a weather machine if needed. South Barwon should be stripped of all points

oh take the three, I don't care, as long as I get Ants out for once on my life !!

ants14;368840 said:
first pot says u dont :p

ok, you are on !! as long as you have cleaned your teeth just prior to taking your first sip !!! your facebook mates will know what I am talking about here !!

gca_ipl;368847 said:
ok, you are on !! as long as you have cleaned your teeth just prior to taking your first sip !!! your facebook mates will know what I am talking about here !!

i got fined for that. that mad about it

ants14;368856 said:
i got fined for that. that mad about it
i still reckon that toothpase and beer would be the filthiest taste straight after a game anyway.. u deserved that fine

Another outstanding Cricket coverage by the Addy today 9/10/09 !!!!

Is there any cricket on in geelong at all. Bloody pathetic......

What a disgrace the Addy is. Who gives a rat’s toss about Bathurst???
The GCA is never going to take over from footy, we all know that, but Bathurst, you have to be kidding me.
Are the teams even in the paper??
Apart from Breenys articles mid week, the whole thing has got worse. Surely this is now up to the GCA to promote its own comp or are they to busy cancelling this week’s games and fighting amongst themselves??

fineleg2fineleg;369375 said:
The GCA is never going to take over from footy, we all know that, but Bathurst, you have to be kidding me.
Apart from Breenys articles mid week, the whole thing has got worse. Surely this is now up to the GCA to promote its own comp or are they to busy cancelling this week’s games and fighting amongst themselves??

yes fineleg, was waiting for somebody other than myself to notice or mention the scott mullen walk out, notice he said he just put up with decisions like this in the past for the sake of getting on with it. it just proves even more hohw disfunctional a unit the GCA really is. I really wish i did have the time to dedicate like i used to, coz i hate what they do to local cricket. treat everyone like fools and no care for clubs opinions. as for the Addy, starting tio think the GCA must run that also.

fineleg2fineleg;369375 said:

The Addy are not putting sides in the paper this year. They were sedom right and clubs didn't take it seriously anyway. I half agree with them...

Back