Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

Babies Arm;269265 said:
just seeing if the rumours were true mate. i like to keep up with the info in that league as i still follow some cricketers I played junior rep with.

what are u doing in that site anyway???????????????????

Just follow how GCC are looking, I'm not the one with the problem with the GCC now am I?:rolleyes:

beckodelay;269283 said:
me thinks Bourney was a memba in 99/00 u13 GCA Div 7 country week team....
is that rep enough for ya babies arm? rofl :p

It was Div 6 u/12s and I was the captain on the 3rd day.:rolleyes:

crktluva;270197 said:
ease up on harps will ya, i know he doesnt have ya normal gun fast bowlers attitude, hes a good bloke though and f?*%k me he has been at top of the tree for a while, ive faced him plenty and ya definitely earn ya runs.

with harps i jst want him to tel us wat its like to play unda BAZ, tats all.
his on ere all the time yet wont answa me question, the longa he leaves it the less i think he likes him, dontchya agree?

AB1;270206 said:
The Kippax mate - highly recommended! Made in Yorkshire. Yeah, enjoyed the game, and with Smelly and Bosworth you'll be therabouts at the end.

Sounds and looks like you have a great piece of willow in your hands.

East Belmont looking strong. Early favourites I would suggest. Early betting:

East Belmont: $4.00

Sth Barwon: $5.00

St Joeys,
Leopold, $6.00
Grovedale:

Geelong West,
Geelong City: $9.00

Lara: $12

Nth Geelong: $20

Newcomb & Dist,
B.P.H.: $25

Newtown: $200

One of the strongest and most even seasons 1 would think.

Read in today's paper also that City have picked up Matt Kennedy from Waurn Ponds. Nice little pick up for them. Sharks have recruited well and should go ok this season. Maybe knock on the door?

thommy_rissole;270214 said:
Sounds and looks like you have a great piece of willow in your hands.

come on guys, enough of the love !! And, yes, this is my 100th post !! Finally a century !!:D

I also read that East Belmont have recruited Tom New from the UK. This would be through Grant Dew who is mates with him from his time over here. He played with Cement when Dewy did and made a ton of runs as a very young bloke. I will stand corrected but i think he may have even captained England u/15s? Think he 'keeps as well? Nice, compact opening bat.

AB1;270190 said:
Settle down you two! Didn't i play with the big boys last time?(cue lots of posts about me playing with boys etc etc)

wasn't there a double ton in the BIG LEAGUE last time;)

Cant Bat said:
East Belmont looking strong. Early favourites I would suggest. Early betting:

East Belmont: $4.00

Sth Barwon: $5.00

St Joeys,
Leopold, $6.00
Grovedale:

Geelong West,
Geelong City: $9.00

Lara: $12

Nth Geelong: $20

Newcomb & Dist,
B.P.H.: $25

Newtown: $200

One of the strongest and most even seasons 1 would think.

Would have to say Bell Post Hill with a few good pick-ups in particular Travis Falkhead would be good value at $25, and I think Lara at $12 is top value also. Not sure the last time Newtown would have been 200-1 but with Ben Neville apparently playing there could be a few wins off his own bat.

should be an interesting game between collendina and barwon heads this weekend? hear the heads have picked up jason mallet.. collendina will also blood a new recruit on the weekend, with former colac boy, leigh keast making his debut. has had a big lay-off from cricket but is a former top order, 1st division batsmen for stoneyford in the colac and district league... also is jimmy bartel playing this year? what other geelong footballers play in the bpca?.. cheers fellas :)

chiefcharger;269334 said:
should be an interesting game between collendina and barwon heads this weekend? hear the heads have picked up jason mallet.. collendina will also blood a new recruit on the weekend, with former colac boy, leigh keast making his debut. has had a big lay-off from cricket but is a former top order, 1st division batsmen for stoneyford in the colac and district league... also is jimmy bartel playing this year? what other geelong footballers play in the bpca?.. cheers fellas :)

f*ckin must be a gun, Stoneyford 1st Division. Yipeeeeeeeee wata recruit! :p

gca_ipl;270216 said:
come on guys, enough of the love !! And, yes, this is my 100th post !! Finally a century !!:D

competitive on field daz but we keep that on the field, might as well get along with the opposition off-field, with a few exceptions of course :D

gca_ipl;269323 said:
Would have to say Bell Post Hill with a few good pick-ups in particular Travis Falkhead would be good value at $25, and I think Lara at $12 is top value also. Not sure the last time Newtown would have been 200-1 but with Ben Neville apparently playing there could be a few wins off his own bat.

IPL take 5-1 champ, u guyz r a certainty to win! throw da life savings on it! :eek: no1 will get close

Renny24;269299 said:
Read in today's paper also that City have picked up Matt Kennedy from Waurn Ponds. Nice little pick up for them. Sharks have recruited well and should go ok this season. Maybe knock on the door?

kennedy is sh!te
city will b knockin on da door of Gca Hq askin to stay in Div 1.. ******** ******** AGG AGG!!

gca_ipl;270216 said:

You'd better not get too many more Daz, or you'll cop it on here.

Renny24;269304 said:
I also read that East Belmont have recruited Tom New from the UK. This would be through Grant Dew who is mates with him from his time over here. He played with Cement when Dewy did and made a ton of runs as a very young bloke. I will stand corrected but i think he may have even captained England u/15s? Think he 'keeps as well? Nice, compact opening bat.

WOW england u15s, woopdi f*ckin do! Pattison played England 1st Grade so theyve made a mockery of that ..... bourney was skipper on day 3 of the Gca div 6 in 99/00 but we don't seem to be praising him!

So newwy made tons...... as in multiple 1000's :eek: he must be gewd!

we love bourney cos his a Victorian!

Renny24;269255 said:
Yes, would think there would be another double-spread tomorrow on Div 2 & 3. Not many ins & outs in Div 2 clubs I wouldn't think though.

theres a couple inns and outs stevie

massive rumour from a few ppl at the devils dennnnn is that ferguy has applied 4 permission to play 4 the devils for round 1 cos moddddddddddda hav a BYE!

u heard it here 1st from beckodelay :eek:

beckodelay is an excellent poster whom I both respect and admire. Continue to enlighten us with your pearls of wisdom!

got another sh*t thing that happened on the weekend!!!!:mad:

i was talking to a parent of a leopold 2nds player 2day and was told that the lions 2s were bowled out for 110, and E belmont past them in the 30th over with GRANT DEW (great bloke) was in and around 40. is it true that he kept batting on to get his ton????
if thats true, though doesnt suprise me, what a sh*t thing to do.
once a one dayer is over, its over.

WAT A LEGEND!!!!!!!!:mad:

a for effort;269354 said:
beckodelay is an excellent poster whom I both respect and admire. Continue to enlighten us with your pearls of wisdom!

cricket cricket and more cricket

a 4 effort and b 4 beckodelay and c 4 cricket

Babies Arm;270257 said:
got another sh*t thing that happened on the weekend!!!!:mad:

i was talking to a parent of a leopold 2nds player 2day and was told that the lions 2s were bowled out for 110, and E belmont past them in the 30th over with GRANT DEW (great bloke) was in and around 40. is it true that he kept batting on to get his ton????
if thats true, though doesnt suprise me, what a sh*t thing to do.
once a one dayer is over, its over.

WAT A LEGEND!!!!!!!!:mad:

:eek: sh!t hot wish i was fielding :eek:
what a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanka!

beckodelay;270261 said:
:eek: sh!t hot wish i was fielding :eek:
what a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanka!

Sorry IPL but saw Sth Barwon 2nds win a flag a few seasons ago and David Morgan kept the game going after the winning runs were hit. Can't remember how long it was for but it wasn't the standard; 'wait 'til the end of the over'. Shed some more light SB boys.

beckodelay;269350 said:
WOW england u15s, woopdi f*ckin do! Pattison played England 1st Grade so theyve made a mockery of that ..... bourney was skipper on day 3 of the Gca div 6 in 99/00 but we don't seem to be praising him!

So newwy made tons...... as in multiple 1000's :eek: he must be gewd!

we love bourney cos his a Victorian!

-Anyone else who play for their country running around in GCA at present?

-By the way; I'm not Steve Illingworth, thought i may have said that before.

-It's easy to see that you don't play cricket. You have no respect for it.

Renny24;270265 said:
Sorry IPL but saw Sth Barwon 2nds win a flag a few seasons ago and David Morgan kept the game going after the winning runs were hit. Can't remember how long it was for but it wasn't the standard; 'wait 'til the end of the over'. Shed some more light SB boys.

now tat would be a nitemare! :eek:

Renny24;270265 said:

dunno bout that renny. thats made up. if its the gf out at lara 3 years ago, they finished when the runs were added up.

Renny24;269401 said:
-Anyone else who play for their country running around in GCA at present?

Anderton and possibly Talarico were there abouts at some stage.
Probably not quite in the same league as those two but Douggie formerly of Geelong CC now at East Belmont is Australia's Pin-Up Boy haha :D

I also do agree that Beckodelay needs to do a BBW and Sharkbite and vanish.

harps is the quintessential team man and nice guy. i have no doubt he doesnt agree with bazzas type, but he would respect the club that he loves and the decision they made to appoint the litte garden gnome with the huge c*%k. but if you ask harps brother you will get an answer.

Farsnworth isnt playing at Torquay, wanted nothing less than a coaching spot, which has gone to a great player in Andrew Bourke

i fu*&^!ng told ya that deweys an a hole, he is also a cheat without a word of a lie. we needed twelve off two overs against him a few years ago and he fielded a ball on the boundary that evryone knew was four and he didnt signal it and umpire beleived him, should have heard hte crowd, he is a dead set MF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back