Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

tiger_007;269416 said:
Farsnworth isnt playing at Torquay, wanted nothing less than a coaching spot, which has gone to a great player in Andrew Bourke

how can ya coach turn up a week b4 the season starts :confused::confused: who'z bin runnin pre-season??:confused:
Farnzy is a overw8 neverwas! :eek:

crktluva;270279 said:
harps is the quintessential team man and nice guy. i have no doubt he doesnt agree with bazzas type, but he would respect the club that he loves and the decision they made to appoint the litte garden gnome with the huge c*%k. but if you ask harps brother you will get an answer.

& there is the answa ^^

thommy_rissole;269408 said:
Anderton and possibly Talarico were there abouts at some stage.
Probably not quite in the same league as those two but Douggie formerly of Geelong CC now at East Belmont is Australia's Pin-Up Boy haha :D

I also do agree that Beckodelay needs to do a BBW and Sharkbite and vanish.

howz about no, i'm here 4 gewd!! :eek:

Babies Arm;270276 said:
dunno bout that renny. thats made up. if its the gf out at lara 3 years ago, they finished when the runs were added up.

Played at West Oval about 6 or 7 years ago. Could have been when Swans were in Divvy 2.

beckodelay;269345 said:
f*ckin must be a gun, Stoneyford 1st Division. Yipeeeeeeeee wata recruit! :p

beckodelay this the best comment you have made!! I think you may now be the king of one liners!!:D:D

Absolute gold!:D

Sounds like the recruit of the year!

as for the car pool beco, happy to split the cab back from the three stooges funeral (fisher,dew,bat smoker sth barwon) R.I.P. decent GCA cricket.

thommy_rissole;269406 said:
Scown in the 2's and i thought Ross Aylmer was a Non-Playing Coach :confused:

ross will play all year whether it be 1s 2s or 3s, but hes starten in the 1s. im not guna comment on the scown part, its up to the selectors, i think they think he might be a bit underdone at the moment

Renny24;270265 said:
Sorry IPL but saw Sth Barwon 2nds win a flag a few seasons ago and David Morgan kept the game going after the winning runs were hit. Can't remember how long it was for but it wasn't the standard; 'wait 'til the end of the over'. Shed some more light SB boys.
Would have walked of the ground!

tips for round 1
newtown vs lara- NEWTOWN
leopold vs east belmont- EAST BELMONT
newcomb vs bell post hill- BELL POST HILL
north geelong vs south barwon- NORTH GEELONG
geelong city vs st josephs- ST JOSEPHS
geelong west vs grovedale- GROVEDALE

crktluva;270284 said:
as for the car pool beco, happy to split the cab back from the three stooges funeral (fisher,dew,bat smoker sth barwon) R.I.P. decent GCA cricket.

wood ya even botha going?! :eek: haha

ants14;269460 said:
ross will play all year whether it be 1s 2s or 3s, but hes starten in the 1s. im not guna comment on the scown part, its up to the selectors, i think they think he might be a bit underdone at the moment

so ur not gunna comment bt then ur gunna comment :confused: :eek:

Babies Arm;270257 said:
got another sh*t thing that happened on the weekend!!!!:mad:

i was talking to a parent of a leopold 2nds player 2day and was told that the lions 2s were bowled out for 110, and E belmont past them in the 30th over with GRANT DEW (great bloke) was in and around 40. is it true that he kept batting on to get his ton????
if thats true, though doesnt suprise me, what a sh*t thing to do.
once a one dayer is over, its over.

WAT A LEGEND!!!!!!!!:mad:

I read the rule GCA Rule book and I'll stand corrected, but the way I read it that is different from past years, is GCA are playing one day cricket games under the one day format; therefore once a result has been achieved the game is deemed to be completed and any runs after that don't count and percentage is worked out from the completion (result) of game. Now if the above comment is correct then all he got was batting practice. The captain of the oppisition, should have walked off check the book to see if game result was completed. End of story. Dew not out 40.

Hard Hitter;270297 said:
I read the rule GCA Rule book and I'll stand corrected, but the way I read it that is different from past years, is GCA are playing one day cricket games under the one day format; therefore once a result has been achieved the game is deemed to be completed and any runs after that don't count and percentage is worked out from the completion (result) of game. Now if the above comment is correct then all he got was batting practice. The captain of the oppisition, should have walked off check the book to see if game result was completed. End of story. Dew not out 40.

NEWS ALERT

Gca sort ya sh!t out. Clubs want 1dayers, every1 ya speak to prefers it yet ya sit on ya high horse & dnt change a thing! Just so incidents like this1 dnt arise, not splittin the atom here boys!

PATHETIC

meaning im not guna giv my opinion on the matter mate, i told u what the selecors were thinking. and we do hav a chance, we got some of the best bats in the comp.

ants14;269473 said:
meaning im not guna giv my opinion on the matter mate, i told u what the selecors were thinking. and we do hav a chance, we got some of the best bats in the comp.

clark, aylmer (remember he wants 2 play wit his kids on the hardwicket) millard has neva got a run, terrible skipper appointment, led city to nothin last season. no1 else would b in the best bats. hall might b in a few years. plenty ahead of u this year im afraid :eek:
beefy, hunt and the haunstein sisters wil rip u guys collectivly a new A**hole sat @ osborne park. ando wil have all those teenagers u piked carpoolin into degrandis tongith to get some chest gear.

i like ur enthusiam but NO CHANCE

Renny24;270265 said:
Sorry IPL but saw Sth Barwon 2nds win a flag a few seasons ago and David Morgan kept the game going after the winning runs were hit. Can't remember how long it was for but it wasn't the standard; 'wait 'til the end of the over'. Shed some more light SB boys.

Hmmm, sort of maybe remember something, I know David Morgan was a pretty fired up player so he may have done something like that in the heat of battle. Not sure it is relevant to the Swans of 08/09. Let me check out the club book to see what the scores say. I think it was around 2000 when we won our last 2nd XI premiership in Division 2, and the game you are talking about may have been the semi-final ?? Against AT ??

Chief Protagonist;269478 said:
What's the deal with some clubs reporting "promotion of talented juniors" as new recruits in the paper?

Not fooling anyone

What clubs said that? I missed y'days paper was away for work.

Hard Hitter;270297 said:

just a loser, dewey knows where he stands with me, what he done saturday doesnt suprise me one bit. he must think he is a big hero down there playin against the kids.:mad:

Chief Protagonist;269478 said:
What's the deal with some clubs reporting "promotion of talented juniors" as new recruits in the paper?

Not fooling anyone

promotion of juniors = recruitn teams did sweet FA ova winta
promotion of talentd juniors = juniors who have been playin seniors 4 the last 4 years r now kno longa eligible for juniors

gca_ipl;270306 said:
Hmmm, sort of maybe remember something, I know David Morgan was a pretty fired up player so he may have done something like that in the heat of battle. Not sure it is relevant to the Swans of 08/09. Let me check out the club book to see what the scores say. I think it was around 2000 when we won our last 2nd XI premiership in Division 2, and the game you are talking about may have been the semi-final ?? Against AT ??

checked it was 2000/01 and in the Grand Final against AT in Div 2 at the West Oval. AT was bowled out cheaply for 93 and in reply South Barwon batted to 4/127. I suppose with the opposition being bowled out rather cheaply then you generally make sure you have snubbed out the result rather than leaving the game open. Anyway in the past and not much of a big deal :)

crktluva;270300 said:
G ayboys with
C oc_s in
A rs_s Proudly screwing cricket since 2002

strewth you have some deep hatred for the GCA, come on and tell us how you really feel ? hehe.... but it would be easy to run a league where there is not 2-3 divisions and having clubs always trying to go up divisions. ie the BPCA officials do have it easier without promotion/relegation happening each season, and even Football Geelong when they talk about promotion/relegation but it never happens between leagues. The complexity with the GCA is that clubs always want to go up divisions and the administrators are always trying to please clubs, but as has happened sometimes some clubs are affected more than others. No system is perfect and when different administrators come in for different seasons you are going to get inconsistencies.

TIPS FOR ROUND 1
newtown vs LARA Easily over a young NCCC

leopold vs EAST BELMONT Tom New to score a hundred to set up a easy win for EBCC

newcomb vs BELL POST HILL To give NDCC a good old fashion touch up BPH to make 270+ if they bat 1st

north geelong vs SOUTH BARWON by 2 wickets in a close game, always good battles between these too

geelong city vs ST JOSEPHS Flip of the coin game Joeys just!

GEELONG WEST vs grovedale Geelong west will be too good for Grovedale with their batting depth

What an effing sad waste of resources and time. Firstly as Beck said- ur way off. Secondly did ur "P.I" miss the 3 page spat between me and Beck before or was he just reading this in Braille. Only one person on here would be sad enough to log in and out 35 times to have a conversation with himself. BNicholls. and maybe Shanebourne!!
Lastly, im sorry to disappoint you but id been overseas for a few weeks...and strangely enough found better things to do with my time. What a selfish thing to do. Maybe Beck sensed it, and saw it as his chance to take over the place!

Becko, before u go writing more gay sh!t to me- Im not minding some of your more recent work, so settle down!

Wrong-un- time to upgrade the P.I budget...or find a new hobby.

wrong 'un;270128 said:
I think we can rest assure that the great beckodelay is none other than our former poster 2nd XI at best. ;) I've had my P.I onto it and it has been confirmed that there is to many similarities for this not to be the case and also that his identity was found out and 2nd XI at best hasn't been seen on here since then, around the same time the great Beckodelay come on to share his wisdom.

And I'm sure 2nd XI at best being such a hard hitting poster wouldn't of just disappeared.

Also you look at his knowledge of South Barwon and hatred for Baz Tsistas after last years GF.
I'm pretty sure the hat fits IMO.

keep up the good work becko
:cool:

Second XI At Best;270316 said:
Only one person on here would be sad enough to log in and out 35 times to have a conversation with himself. BNicholls. and maybe Shanebourne!!

Your a dead set tosser.

beckodelay;269476 said:
clark, aylmer (remember he wants 2 play wit his kids on the hardwicket) millard has neva got a run, terrible skipper appointment, led city to nothin last season. no1 else would b in the best bats. hall might b in a few years. plenty ahead of u this year im afraid :eek:
beefy, hunt and the haunstein sisters wil rip u guys collectivly a new A**hole sat @ osborne park. ando wil have all those teenagers u piked carpoolin into degrandis tongith to get some chest gear.

Not really saving yourself much time with these abbreviations Mr odelay. Maybe you're on that Blackberry again?

:eek:
Second XI At Best;270316 said:
What an effing sad waste of resources and time. Firstly as Beck said- ur way off. Secondly did ur "P.I" miss the 3 page spat between me and Beck before or was he just reading this in Braille. Only one person on here would be sad enough to log in and out 35 times to have a conversation with himself. BNicholls. and maybe Shanebourne!!
Lastly, im sorry to disappoint you but id been overseas for a few weeks...and strangely enough found better things to do with my time. What a selfish thing to do. Maybe Beck sensed it, and saw it as his chance to take over the place!

Becko, before u go writing more gay sh!t to me- Im not minding some of your more recent work, so settle down!
Wrong-un- time to upgrade the P.I budget...or find a new hobby.

wen blokes like u start 2 enjoy it i start 2 worry :eek:

a for effort;269493 said:
Oh look it's raining the day before cricket season starts.

Who'd of thought?

Weather like this makes the turf sides wish they had hard wickets!

WOO GO FROGS.

BENNY GOT HIS NAME IN THE PAPER WOOOOO

BBBBBBB BENNY AND THE JETS!

beckodelay;269476 said:

guess u will just hav 2 wait and see wont u. btw id be backing sam to make plenty this year. hes had his time in the wait a few years bracket

thommy_rissole;270214 said:
Sounds and looks like you have a great piece of willow in your hands.

Sounds and looks like you've got your willow in your hands just thinking about it Rissole!

What happened on Sunday then? I think its time Ozzy Boogs got a recall. And yeah Kippax bats are class. Did u get a bat in England? A GH?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back