Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

beckodelay;269009 said:
howd the wrking b go on tues nite?? every1 bought a shovel i hope
as has been said already i dnt have a club cos i dnt play :rolleyes:

you should get the gig writing for the advertiser!! sounds as though knowone would escape the scathing monday review, you must have played a bit in your day with your knowledge of every cricketer in geelong and expert opinions on everything

Yes he trains. Yes, he hasn't been as dominant as his reputation proceeds him and he did return with huge tags. He is still one of the most dangerous bats in the comp and a big scalp to claim. I think we will see his best season this year from DK. His life attitude and direction is on a different path now and things are falling into place with him on and off the field. remember he is still fairly young in Cricket terms and on Sunday watching the game, he displayed signs of his master stroke play. I'm predicting 450+ runs from him and the Dino's will need that at a minimum.

heatelite;269019 said:
you should get the gig writing for the advertiser!! sounds as though knowone would escape the scathing monday review, you must have played a bit in your day with your knowledge of every cricketer in geelong and expert opinions on everything

cricket rel8d this is what ive said:

GUild is a dump & their players have no idea. Moorey got free keeping gear and maybe $ per dismissal. Tsitas is a nob and Harps likes men. Lucas (not louis ;)) Cameron has a big ass. St Albans cc dnt need to post foto's up of dirt. Bnichols is a tool. leopold and lara had a massive fight in the mid 90s.

any1 here not agree wit me?

heatelite;269019 said:
you should get the gig writing for the advertiser!!

Geelong Advertiser are odds-on to completely forget the season starts this week and do a couple of articles on the cats instead. Wouldn't be the first time

Anyone interested in joining the Fantasy Cricket league for Australia's upcoming tour of india go here Fantasy Cricket 2008 - FOXSPORTS and enter a user name, preferably the same Big Cricket user name and enter this number 7038-882 to join the league I have made up. It's called the big cricket league and kicks off Thursday.

It's similar to fantasy footy.

Cheers!

beckodelay;269021 said:
cricket rel8d this is what ive said:

GUild is a dump & their players have no idea. Moorey got free keeping gear and maybe $ per dismissal. Tsitas is a nob and Harps likes men. Lucas (not louis ;)) Cameron has a big ass. St Albans cc dnt need to post foto's up of dirt. Bnichols is a tool. leopold and lara had a massive fight in the mid 90s.

any1 here not agree wit me?

hahaha, u make me laugh but ur probably upsetting some people.:eek:

One to debate over. I was reading through earlier posts about who was going where and everyones opinions with player movements. More than once the coment was stated "money talks."

Yes it does. Anyone is only worth what someone is prepared to pay. If a club wants to pay a certain amount of money then more than one person at a club knows that amount, wether it be direct cash or indirect payment via a sponsor or members own pocket that doesn't even go through the club. It has gone on for years and will continue to for years to come.

That being said not every recruit changes clubs for the $. Some just need a change of direction or opurtunity.

The people over the years (in my expierence) who complain most about a player percieved or actually being payed are one's who have never been in a position to be offerred.

There is nothing wrong will being payed to play sport and yes some clubs can afford it more than others. In todays current cliamate, if you get payed to coach it is a lot more than just playing on Saturday. Training, selection and game plans from week to week take time away from family. Yes you commit and from expierence when you get paid for example $3000 for the year in real terms that works out to be approx. $2.30 p/h. That small amount of money gets you take the family away on a small holiday or top up mortgage payments running cost of the car or for some allows them to have a few beers with the club they play for and really give it back (or there part of).

This topic will not sit well with everyone and others are OK with it.

So what is a player worth? Exactly what he gets. Performace based payments will always get you the best results with bonus options. If your good enough to be payed, clubs will approach you and if you get payed for something you love doing, why not?

beckodelay;269864 said:
:p

4 da millionth time i dont play cricket, i watch it. why wood i botha standin in the sun chasin leatha wen i can b sittin back watching stoneyford local hero *insert name here* makin hundreds on cow paddocks in divvy 3 avin a couple quiet lagers :p

Just wondering Beck - what inspires someone purely to watch local cricket? I mean, surely you played at some stage, otherwise why would it be so interesting.

And surely therefore you have an association with a particular club, can't imagine you don't support some club in particular. else you'd look pretty funny just bumming around random grouds where you don't know anyone :rolleyes:

so anyway, what's your club?

beckodelay;268964 said:
Predictions for season

div 1 wickets Ando runs Kelson
div 2 wickets Saltamachhia runs Bourke
div 3 wickets Middleton runs Fergy
BPCA wickets Jones runs Murray

Babies Arm;269025 said:
hahaha, u make me laugh but ur probably upsetting some people.:eek:

Of course you'd be a fan of him:rolleyes:

well done to benny armstrong for his honesty, but what about the quotes from barry titsarse, what joke that bloke is. he is possibly the worst sportsman ever. to come out and talk about sportsmanship is like former prime minister john howard talking bout bowling leg spin......... NO F**KN IDEA.

i couldnt think of one grovedale person that would do the same thing. (maybe big girl harper)

anyone else with thoughts on this???

beckodelay;268964 said:
Predictions for season

div 1 wickets Ando runs Kelson
div 2 wickets Saltamachhia runs Bourke
div 3 wickets Middleton runs Fergy
BPCA wickets Jones runs Murray

div 1 wickets.. Haunstein runs.. Clark
div 2 wickets.. that bloke from North Shore. Name has slipped me runs.. Skene
div 3 wickets .. Fergy runs.. Fergy
BPCA.. got no knowledge so not even gunna guess

a for effort;269023 said:
Geelong Advertiser are odds-on to completely forget the season starts this week and do a couple of articles on the cats instead. Wouldn't be the first time

When you consider they had three pages devoted to the Cat's Mad Monday; it wouldn't surprise me. Poor old Addy, they still don't get it. Three pages on Mad Monday....and why was it again that people who don't barrack for the Cats hate them?! Like one of my mates said so truly on Sat; "I don't barrack for Hawthorn but it feels just like my team has won the flag!!!"

Babies Arm;270072 said:
well done to benny armstrong for his honesty, but what about the quotes from barry titsarse, what joke that bloke is. he is possibly the worst sportsman ever. to come out and talk about sportsmanship is like former prime minister john howard talking bout bowling leg spin......... NO F**KN IDEA.

i couldnt think of one grovedale person that would do the same thing. (maybe big girl harper)

not sure about that big guy, they do have a couple of decent blokes in their line-up that would have could it for what is was,wouldn't they?? who do we think was the most impressive of the boom recruits on the weekend? (pitts excluded he's not a recruit)

beckodelay;268974 said:
whats the l8st on the St albans wiket? its been 4 days n we havnt seen ne foto's :eek:

You must be out of the office a bit working the beat. You seem to send a lot of messages to this forum from your Blackberry.

Babies Arm;270072 said:

yeah i agree harper is a big girl! I see he played first round he is a ************ .I thought his knees were gone.

Renny24;269067 said:
You must be out of the office a bit working the beat. You seem to send a lot of messages to this forum from your Blackberry.

howz that song go " working hard to make a living" lol :rolleyes:

thommy_rissole;270038 said:
thanks for the offer but i'll be a thommy tiger for a long time coming :D

well offers definitely on the table we could do with another bat lol. batted alright wen i was there mate, keep up the good work.

beckodelay;269069 said:
howz that song go " working hard to make a living" lol :rolleyes:

Nah mate your thinkin of "Urella people help those people achieve" You don't play cricket and you know f**k all about it. Take a hike bro.;)

Babies arm dropping names in the VCA thread, possible return from a premier league club to a local club in Geelong, care to let us know in here Barmy?

know all;270101 said:
Anyone got any news on how travis faulkhead went on sunday?

Travis went Ok, honest performance from a good cricketer. he will have an impact on GCA, top fella too

beckodelay;268888 said:
so ants14 must be Anthony Armisted? gee nice giveaway ;)

wouldnt want to make it to hard, i dont care if people no who i am mate. who would u be?

while im at it, i reckon alf, sam and millard will make heaps of runs this year, so one of them to get the most for the league. and ando for most wickets but hopefully he doesnt get any this week.

Babies Arm;270072 said:

hehe, maybe a few others would. Would be interesting to see how far Benny was over the line, was he just standing on the rope or was he one foot over and one foot in ?? Also the ground that West is playing on at the moment, the College ground, is that the same ground that Guild / St Peter's played on last season when they scored one million runs each ??

gca_ipl;270114 said:
Also the ground that West is playing on at the moment, the College ground, is that the same ground that Guild / St Peter's played on last season when they scored one million runs each ??

1,000,000 runs each.... now theres a reason i dont play, chasin that sh*t around all day! Butcher i dont have a club who i support, but i can tell ya nothin 4free i wil be @ South v Grovey wen its on, Big Ando steaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaming in.
"whats that comin down the hill.........? is it ando is it andoooo?" :D
gunna be gr8 viewing!
most of the boom recruits were quiet on weeknd.
muzza got a michelle pfeiffer and earnt his coin! any truth that he is know all? whoever that is dont like harpy harps :eek:
good work 2 benny armstrong for his honesty and yer i agree wit ando... its ironic dat tsitas was talkin bout sportsmanship :eek: just ask boydy wat baz was sayin to him wen he was batting in the gf, if thats his version of sportsmanship then im barnie gumble. harpy harps xplain ur skippa's actions??? im sick of askin!!!!
faulkhead goes alright, good signing i say.
mick condy got a 60 odd in the geelong 3s, he gunna b the next big thing?

ants14;269085 said:
while im at it, i reckon alf, sam and millard will make heaps of runs this year, so one of them to get the most for the league. and ando for most wickets but hopefully he doesnt get any this week.

I heard today off someone today that Fergie is playing with you blokes this game. True/False?

know all;270077 said:
yeah i agree harper is a big girl! I see he played first round he is a ************ .I thought his knees were gone.

gooooooooooooood tune "face down, ass up that's they way he likes to f***!"

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;269087 said:
I heard today off someone today that Fergie is playing with you blokes this game. True/False?

i wish it were true but no its not.

ants14;270097 said:
well offers definitely on the table we could do with another bat lol. batted alright wen i was there mate, keep up the good work.

sum other clubs ya think he wood consider b4 the magpies unless they were throwin sum doe around $$ money talks!

wrong 'un;268675 said:
Nothing worse than Sunday cricket IMO.:(

I guess Sunday cricket is alright for those of us that aren't playing, puts something on for a Sunday session;)

I dunno what's wrong with ppl who don't like Sunday cricket. I would play on Mon, Tues and Wed too if it were an option!

Hard Hitter;270058 said:
One to debate over. I was reading through earlier posts about who was going where and everyones opinions with player movements. More than once the coment was stated "money talks."
sum good points in there HH, seems the blokes who cant get the coin r often the 1s who whinge about it. if there gewd enuff then theyre good enuff. money has an will continu 2 get players transferin btween clubs.
i wonda wether the supposed "big" clubs in gca div1 open up the cheque books? some say they dont but i have my doubts :eek:

TheButcher;269097 said:
I dunno what's wrong with ppl who don't like Sunday cricket. I would play on Mon, Tues and Wed too if it were an option!

I cannot believe you Butcher, not Thursday and Friday also !!

I think we can rest assure that the great beckodelay is none other than our former poster 2nd XI at best. ;) I've had my P.I onto it and it has been confirmed that there is to many similarities for this not to be the case and also that his identity was found out and 2nd XI at best hasn't been seen on here since then, around the same time the great Beckodelay come on to share his wisdom.

And I'm sure 2nd XI at best being such a hard hitting poster wouldn't of just disappeared.

Also you look at his knowledge of South Barwon and hatred for Baz Tsistas after last years GF.
I'm pretty sure the hat fits IMO.

keep up the good work becko
:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back