Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

i heard today that clinton ford, kelvin ford , damien koliba were all cleared to play for sth barwon last night and benny connely to st albans

know all;363801 said:
i heard today that clinton ford, kelvin ford , damien koliba were all cleared to play for sth barwon last night and benny connely to st albans

Heard there was no clearances being issued unless Coach or Pro Player, as per GCA ruling. No of 1 that has been granted and have been told that another has been agreed to but as for the names mentioned am unsure until you hear it from them. Clearances have been lodged and knocked back which the club has a right to do unless the person in quetsion gives the club the time of day to chat about why they are wanting to leave. Its just manners if you ask me. :)

Watching Closely;363921 said:
Heard there was no clearances being issued unless Coach or Pro Player, as per GCA ruling. No of 1 that has been granted and have been told that another has been agreed to but as for the names mentioned am unsure until you hear it from them. Clearances have been lodged and knocked back which the club has a right to do unless the person in quetsion gives the club the time of day to chat about why they are wanting to leave. Its just manners if you ask me. :)

well thats where i heard it from them....

know all;363801 said:

know all;363939 said:
well thats where i heard it from them....

I've been told they all have or will be cleared by this week with the exception of Anderson, who they're saying signed on as coach for 2 years last season.

I think the GCA/BPCA need a clearance link like Football Geelong and the GDFL have.

the 3 to south barwon were cleared last week, but IPL didn't have enough info on the online form so it bounced back. As soon as this is fixed up all will be cleared. Anderson has stated that he has signed on as BPH pro player this season.

Heard there was no clearances being issued unless Coach or Pro Player, as per GCA ruling. :)

there is no rule stating that you have to clear a pro player just on those grounds. Rule 15 - 15.6

15.7.9 appeals states that a player may appeal to the pennant committee if he can show there are exceptional circumstances surrounding his application eg: "restraint of trade"

This is where you can't hold a player if he has been appointed coach of another club, I couldn't see this being applied to a player on the gounds of recieving money to play and this is "exceptional circumstances"

In a lot of cases but not all, the coach is generally the pro as well so the rule has never really been tested. Now if we were not a relegated club and we refused his clearence on any other grounds according to the rules and we hold him back from divy 1 then on appeal you could argue "restraint of trade" as you are holding back a higher level of cricket, which you could argue if he played less than 25 games going from lower to higher level of cricket. It's not put there for a player recieving cash as the pro and cash is not exceptional circumstances.

any views and thoughts and other opinions will be welcomed...but interesting isn't it. ;)

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;363954 said:
I've been told they all have or will be cleared by this week with the exception of Anderson, who they're saying signed on as coach for 2 years last season.

I think the GCA/BPCA need a clearance link like Football Geelong and the GDFL have.

Incorrect as he was never the coach. Good to see NDCC moving on and beginning the re-building phase.

Hard Hitter;363968 said:
the 3 to south barwon were cleared last week, but IPL didn't have enough info on the online form so it bounced back. As soon as this is fixed up all will be cleared. Anderson has stated that he has signed on as BPH pro player this season.

Alex Cairns; a former VCA 1st XI opening batsman must be playing for free then i would assume.

Hard Hitter;364060 said:
Is this really true, registered as BPH pro player? :confused:

How will your Rd1 side look this season HH? It will be a very different side to last year, I see Chris Hester is having a season off also. Any new faces been at training or just looking to the youth?

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;364065 said:
How will your Rd1 side look this season HH? It will be a very different side to last year, I see Chris Hester is having a season off also. Any new faces been at training or just looking to the youth?

you know me mate, the "glass is always half full." I think we will be ok. Being one dayers r1 & 2 well they will result in who's on the best day. Our focuss is around our youth and will look to Josh, Ryan to keep improving on last year, Spudda to lead from the front. Young Tim Woolard to step up and will have more game time. Few of the other young lads will get there chance as well. So pretty positive for us. Obviously more responsibillity will be on our younger players, but I believe this is a good thing.

My main focuss will be on what we have and not on what we haven't.

I don't know about Hester, but he is a required player and has the chance to play a major part, get some big runs and wickets. If he chooses to sit out that is his call, but will be a bad call in my opinion. I would love to have him open 1 dayers and 3 for the 2 dayers, but if he is not there, it gives another player the chance.

What about you guys? ya bowling is all done and dusted as this is all everyone has focussed on, what about ya batting? Who gunna make ya runs IF sides get away for 180 -200 plus...maybe Jay Addy to get big runs :eek: , Muzza to bat 4/5 and break his season record of tons...I think it is 4 Muzza - correct me if I got that wrong...let me know ya batters, jock bad elbow so may struggle early?

Hard Hitter;363968 said:

sorry lads have to correct myself. 2 ford brothers cleared,

DK still pending he just need to talk to us and all will be ok, if he doesn't he maybe playing golf with Duppa. It is all in his court now to make an effort if he wants get what he wants.

Hard Hitter;364071 said:
you know me mate, the "glass is always half full." I think we will be ok. Being one dayers r1 & 2 well they will result in who's on the best day. Our focuss is around our youth and will look to Josh, Ryan to keep improving on last year, Spudda to lead from the front. Young Tim Woolard to step up and will have more game time. Few of the other young lads will get there chance as well. So pretty positive for us. Obviously more responsibillity will be on our younger players, but I believe this is a good thing.

I don't know about Hester, but he is a required player and has the chance to play a major part, get some big runs and wickets. If he chooses to sit out that is his call, but will be a bad call in my opinion. I would love to have him open 1 dayers and 3 for the 2 dayers, but if he is not there, it gives another player the chance.

What about you guys? ya bowling is all done and dusted as this is all everyone has focussed on, what about ya batting? Who gunna make ya runs IF sides get away for 180 -200 plus...maybe Jay Addy to get big runs :eek: , Muzza to bat 4/5 and break his season record of tons...I think it is 4 Muzza - correct me if I got that wrong...let me know ya batters, jock bad elbow so may struggle early?
when will people realise the stalbans supersaints are the laughing stock of Geelong Cricket-from everyone I speak with the underlying opinion is they have a terrible culture and absolutely no respect at all in this region

Hard Hitter;364071 said:

Batting might start off a bit thin, with a few blokes being occupied with footy through the main part of pre-season. A few blokes need to step up and get some runs, I think we've got enough batting to be alright and we've had a really good preseason so I'm confident we'll be able to make enough runs.

GCC101;364074 said:
when will people realise the stalbans supersaints are the laughing stock of Geelong Cricket-from everyone I speak with the underlying opinion is they have a terrible culture and absolutely no respect at all in this region

Nice one, I guess we're just a club trying to improve and push forward. We seem to have no trouble attracting players so maybe the people your talking too might need to have a look at themselves and worry about their own backyards knackers........And for the 20th time are you gunna tell us what club your from or just hide behind your name Princess????

There's obviously going to be an argument in here soon, so make sure it doesn't get personal or posts will be deleted / people infracted etc

a for effort;364078 said:
There's obviously going to be an argument in here soon, so make sure it doesn't get personal or posts will be deleted / people infracted etc

Ease up, he'll probably just tell us how good a player Nick Jarvis is again:rolleyes:

Hard Hitter;364073 said:
sorry lads have to correct myself. 2 ford brothers cleared,

DK still pending he just need to talk to us and all will be ok, if he doesn't he maybe playing golf with Duppa. It is all in his court now to make an effort if he wants get what he wants.

Yes, I almost choked on my cereal when reading all 3 were already cleared !! Newcomb have always told us that they are going through a process with each clearance and with DK being extremely busy with work over the last month or so they have not had a chance to catch up.

South Barwon play two XI practice games on the weekend against Kangaroo Flat up at Bendigo. Should be a good hit out with the Swans fielding a near full strength 1st XI. Hoping to get on turf up there with the 1st XI game but with showers forecast for most of the week it might be moved to hard wicket. Are any of the other clubs having hit outs organised prior to the start of the season ?

gca_ipl;364095 said:
South Barwon play two XI practice games on the weekend against Kangaroo Flat up at Bendigo. Should be a good hit out with the Swans fielding a near full strength 1st XI. Hoping to get on turf up there with the 1st XI game but with showers forecast for most of the week it might be moved to hard wicket. Are any of the other clubs having hit outs organised prior to the start of the season ?

We're playing Thomson next Saturday, not sure where yet a4e might know more.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back