Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

gca_ipl;364092 said:
Yes, I almost choked on my cereal when reading all 3 were already cleared !! Newcomb have always told us that they are going through a process with each clearance and with DK being extremely busy with work over the last month or so they have not had a chance to catch up.
wat are u doing choking on your cereal at 9.30 at night mate :D

St Peters play Laverton day after AFL Grand Final. Has been this way for the past 4 years. The first 10 overs are tough but then you fight your way through it.

I Bowl Meat Pies;364182 said:
wat are u doing choking on your cereal at 9.30 at night mate :D

hehe, as soon as I wrote it I thought, hmmm, I wonder what time of day the post was posted !!

hahah ur alright daz.. ive been known to have eaten coco pops at that time of nite as well on a few occasions :D....

as for st peters playing after grand final day, thats a bit hard isnt it.. no so much thinking about the cricketers as im not a 1's cricketer.. but for spectators to back up for a session after Grand final day is a bit stiff

Went and had a round of golf down at Queens park today and by the looks of things Newtown were laying there wicket... Not that im an expert or anything but Isnt it a bit too close to the season for them to be doing that???

with only a little over 2 weeks to go surely they wont get a wicket up for Round 1..
and if they do get a wicket up.. good luck to the batsman.. and especially grovey who they play in round 1

I Bowl Meat Pies;365007 said:
Went and had a round of golf down at Queens park today and by the looks of things Newtown were laying there wicket... Not that im an expert or anything but Isnt it a bit too close to the season for them to be doing that???

with only a little over 2 weeks to go surely they wont get a wicket up for Round 1..
and if they do get a wicket up.. good luck to the batsman.. and especially grovey who they play in round 1

I would not expect that they would have layed the whole square.
First few weeks are generally a mixture of grass, clippings and rolled dirt.

Good for spinners and reverse swing.

gca_ipl;364095 said:
South Barwon play two XI practice games on the weekend against Kangaroo Flat up at Bendigo. Should be a good hit out with the Swans fielding a near full strength 1st XI. Hoping to get on turf up there with the 1st XI game but with showers forecast for most of the week it might be moved to hard wicket. Are any of the other clubs having hit outs organised prior to the start of the season ?

yeah barrabool had a hit out against waurn ponds on the weekend waurn ponds 7-79 off 41 overs ( wickets shared all round ) barrabool 3- 202 off 41 farnsworth 58 ( retired ) pickering 28 ( retired ) strachan 32 ( retired ) plus runs to fisher and lower order , not playing was hutchinson , adams , jed potter , and 3 others to come back in so good signs early

right arm medium;365094 said:
I would not expect that they would have layed the whole square.
First few weeks are generally a mixture of grass, clippings and rolled dirt.

Good for spinners and reverse swing.

I think last year pretty much the whole season they had grass, clippings and rolled dirt !! So any extra grass on the square would be appreciated !! I am hearing that by the end of the season their square had improved due to getting rid of a disease they had in there. Maybe meat pies is referring to them top dressing the whole square which would be understandable and in line with most clubs doing top dressing with their clubs footy side just finishing their season. South Barwon's was just done a week back and already the grass is coming through. It looks terrible after being done but in a week or two it comes up looking great. It they were actually laying the whole square with santa anna couch then that is a different story and they must not be playing there for the first few weeks.

While talking about wickets, any feedback on how the St Albans ground is shaping up now that football has completed ?

gca_ipl;365169 said:
I think last year pretty much the whole season they had grass, clippings and rolled dirt !! So any extra grass on the square would be appreciated !! I am hearing that by the end of the season their square had improved due to getting rid of a disease they had in there. Maybe meat pies is referring to them top dressing the whole square which would be understandable and in line with most clubs doing top dressing with their clubs footy side just finishing their season. South Barwon's was just done a week back and already the grass is coming through. It looks terrible after being done but in a week or two it comes up looking great. It they were actually laying the whole square with santa anna couch then that is a different story and they must not be playing there for the first few weeks.

While talking about wickets, any feedback on how the St Albans ground is shaping up now that football has completed ?
yer i dont think it was the santa anna couch... it was like those little black rocks, mary creek or sumthing i think its called.. but yer they were spreading that all across there square... i just thort its a bit late to be doing that considering the first game is only 18 days away

I Bowl Meat Pies;365189 said:
yer i dont think it was the santa anna couch... it was like those little black rocks, mary creek or sumthing i think its called.. but yer they were spreading that all across there square... i just thort its a bit late to be doing that considering the first game is only 18 days away

you would rather have 24 days or longer but if we have the right conditions they will be okay. Would have been hard for them with Ammo's playing right up to the Grand Final to get on it any closer, maybe last Sunday would have been the earliest.

What brought that on A4E???? As you know, Spring Creek is struggling big time at the minute, and with the forecast as it is, not looking promising at all.

a for effort;367237 said:
Any news on the state of the wickets? Can see a lot of washouts even if the rain holds off

South Barwon's square has not come up since being top dressed about 4 weeks ago as the couch has not had the warm weather to grow. No games will be able to be played on that wicket this week.

Spring Creek wont be ready for next 2 rounds - we are hoping to play Bell Park on sunday at their place!

a for effort;367237 said:
Any news on the state of the wickets? Can see a lot of washouts even if the rain holds off

We'll have a wicket up for Sunday, which will be a good effort I reckon considering the GDFL Grand Final was there only 2 weeks ago:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back