Geelong Cricket Chat 2010/11

I've heard on good mail Newcomb have offered several ex players big dollars to return. $8,000 is the figure I'm told, and thats each possibly 2 or 3 ways.

Some clubs never learn:rolleyes:

Any news on recruits elsewhere?

Where would we get $8000 for one player ?? NDCC wont make the same mistake again.
I've heard Jason Murray is going to Newcomb for the coming season, correct? You wouldn't leave a club after winning a flag unless;
a) You had a falling out, or
b) Your getting paid alot of money.

Did any major things come out of the GCA meeting Wednesday night? Can someone give me a run down of the meeting please?

Does anyone know how deep the losses at Thomson will be? I'm hearing that a fair number of core senior players are moving clubs in the off season. Does anyone have names and where they're going?

Lindsey Scown may be the coach of North Geelong? Any truth to this?

Did any major things come out of the GCA meeting Wednesday night? Can someone give me a run down of the meeting please?

All over in about 40 minutes, nothing major. Some discussion on T20 format (including the final not being on Australia Day in future) and also on dates of Saturday play next season, having regard to the AFL GF being on 1st October and Geelong hosting the Aust Country Cricket Championships in January. That was about it as I recall.

I've heard Jason Murray is going to Newcomb for the coming season, correct? You wouldn't leave a club after winning a flag unless;
a) You had a falling out, or
b) Your getting paid alot of money.

Does anyone know how deep the losses at Thomson will be? I'm hearing that a fair number of core senior players are moving clubs in the off season. Does anyone have names and where they're going?

Lindsey Scown may be the coach of North Geelong? Any truth to this?

no truth to the L.scown rumour as far as i no... wouldnt mind him playing for us tho.. at last report a coach will be named at our agm next week...

I heard Jay Bowman is retiring - apparently he hasn't made it home a couple of times after a few beers at Thommy, and ended up leaving a few puddles on the square. He is apparently looking into finding a house closer to the ground (that doesn't have 5 kids living in it).

Adam Wray is joining the official GCA umpires list - citing Brian Coglan as his idol and role model.

Travis Randall has been asked to share new ball duties with Grant Booley in the 1's, stepping into the gaping hole left by the departure of Adam Petterwood's hips.

Sean O'Neill's dream move to East Belmont is in doubt after he only got to level 3 on the bleep test. Apparently he was also beaten up on the weekend in Manchester by some passing thugs who mistook him for a tramp.

With Round 1 set to go, the weather looks like we should get the required cricket in. This is this weeks matchups and who I see as favourites (home team listed first):

STJ to beat Lara
MH to lose to NCCC
GD to beat BPH
GW to beat HIGH
LEO to lose to NG
and EB to lose to SB (match of the round)

It will be interesting to see how Wallerys goes at SJ, Bambury, Lineen and ONeill at EB, and Peake, Halbish and Lang at SB. Will be interesting to see who has players under the radar. Who has recruited well from outside of Geelong. Sure there will be some surprises.

Interesting Fact.
In DIV 1 all teams that won grand finals last year are on top of the ladder after round 1.
1sts - Geelong West, 2nds Grovedale (although no percentage as they did not lose a wicket), 3rds Grovedale, 4ths East Belmont.

Back